Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: June 11, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy.ca
Price: CDN $44.99

marvel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the finish on the steel is so hard to capture that is NOT the spot gloss part. As it looks more like a metallic like sheen then just matte but I dont see any pics show that off well.

Available in Best Buy stores in Canada. I guess that's why this never sold out online. Must be a lot of copies of this available.
I read that some stores in the US have 50 copies.

Ttitleless, unglossed, unbossed WWA SteelBooks will eventually become the norm I fear.
If that ever happens, my collecting days will be over. Don't mind the odd unbossed steel, but no title and no nice finish is just so lazy/cheap. I refuse to buy them unless it's a movie I love, hence dodging this

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
For the last few months I've been seeing what looks like some kind of manufacturing defect on all copies of SteelBooks coming from Best Buy. It's even more noticeable on Captain Marvel.

On the back of the SteelBook, at the very bottom, on the left side, a little to the right of the Marvel Studios logo is a small dent about
1 centimeter long (between the 3 cm and 4 cm mark on a ruler or measuring tape)

Anybody else seeing this on their copy? I'm noticing this through the shrinkwrap. Usually I can only see what appears to be a small scuff or tear in the shrinkwrap at that spot but this time with Captain Marvel the shrinkwrap is clear and there is a dent in that spot on all copies I've seen. I will post images later.

• Informative
Reactions: Leafs17
For the last few months I've been seeing what looks like some kind of manufacturing defect on all copies of SteelBooks coming from Best Buy. It's even more noticeable on Captain Marvel.

On the back of the SteelBook, at the very bottom, on the left side, a little to the right of the Marvel Studios logo is a small dent about

Anybody else seeing this on their copy? I'm noticing this through the shrinkwrap. Usually I can only see what appears to be a small scuff or tear in the shrinkwrap at that spot but this time with Captain Marvel the shrinkwrap is clear and there is a dent in that spot on all copies I've seen. I will post images later.

Is this the dent tournament taking about ?

No such dents on the Marvel copies over the past few months that I've been getting (and I'm only opening one copy). All three Captain America's were flawless as is Captain Marvel.

Is this the dent tournament taking about ?

I've seen that on many copies. I also see shrinkwrap blemishes in that spot on ALL copies of all SteelBooks from Best Buy. Not just Marvel/Disney but from Universal also. So wherever these are being packaged something is causing a flaw in that spot.

It's just more noticeable this time around.

I've seen that on many copies. I also see shrinkwrap blemishes in that spot on ALL copies of all SteelBooks from Best Buy. Not just Marvel/Disney but from Universal also. So wherever these are being packaged something is causing a flaw in that spot.

It's just more noticeable this time around.
Surprised you can see that from the back but I wonder if the US has the same issues.

Never notice before but I guess I’ll ask for a discount on it when I go to the store or call them.

Copies are available in stores as well but they may have the same dent. So is this a flaw that bothers anybody else?
Or am I just too picky?