Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
3.60 star(s) Rating: 3.60/5 5 Votes
Title: Captain Marvel

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Anna Boden, Ryan Fleck

Cast: Brie Larson, Jude Law, Ben Mendelsohn, Samuel L. Jackson, Lee Pace, Djimon Hounsou, Gemma Chan, Clark Gregg, Mckenna Grace, Kenneth Mitchell, Colin Ford, Algenis Perez Soto, Lashana Lynch, Rune Temte, Robert Kazinsky, Raul Torres, Annette Bening, Ana Ayora, Adam Hart, Pete Ploszek, Clayton Chitty, Gastón Dalmau, Mel Powell, Connor Ryan, Damon O'Daniel, DJ Jenkins, DaJuan Rippy, Danny Wendt, Rayniel Rufino

Release: 2019-03-06

Plot: The story follows Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races. Set in the 1990s, Captain Marvel is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Attachments

• cm.jpg
    cm.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,391
  • Thanks
Reactions: Asopp and Flash
Finally booked my midnight screening IMAX tickets for 7th/8th
Can’t wait - been 6 months since my last new Marvel fix now we get this and Enggame in back to back months

Must just be the reviewer's I watch who weren't feeling it. It's certified fresh with 87% from 93 reviews.
Rotten Tomatoes is weird, they've classed 2/4 and 3/5 as fresh even though the text excerpt at the side clearly shows they weren't a fan, and another review with the same score is rotten :confused:. Metacritic has it at 66% but from fewer reviews.
Not that I take much notice of reviewers opinions, it just seems like RT are skewing things a bit.

• Thanks
Reactions: vexred
Rotten Tomatoes is weird, they've classed 2/4 and 3/5 as fresh even though the text excerpt at the side clearly shows they weren't a fan, and another review with the same score is rotten :confused:. Metacritic has it at 66% but from fewer reviews.
Not that I take much notice of reviewers opinions, it just seems like RT are skewing things a bit.

Yeah, I read those and was a bit confused. Also assumed for something to be certified fresh it would require over 100 reviews.

9/10 I agree with Jeremy Jahns opinion and he says it's just alright.

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge

Yeah, I read those and was a bit confused. Also assumed for something to be certified fresh it would require over 100 reviews.

9/10 I agree with Jeremy Jahns opinion and he says it's just alright.

Rotten tomatoes is a joke these days with critics seriously out of sync with the fans Look at Dr Who season 11 The critics lapped it up and give it 97% The fans hated it Nd give it 21% and this seems to happening more and more especially with the main franchises

SO... just saw it and i'm very curious what everyone else thinks on here.

I enjoyed it for the most part, But I think I'm actually a little disappointed coming out of it because it wasn't what I had hoped it would be (and I know thats silly)
I feel like this one is going to be a little similar to something like Iron Man 3 where some will love it and some won't. So I'm very curious where people stand.

Deeper dive below (SPOILERS):
Things that I wanted and didn't get:
- The twist that the Skrulls were not evil was a let down because I was hoping this was setting up a Phase 4 Secret Invasion movie. But looks like that wont happen now.
- I knew that Ronan was in this movie but I was sad his role was so small. I wish they had done something to give his character more depth.
- Same goes with Korath. (BTW. what happened to him and the rest in the end? they never answered that.)
- Wish this had more Coulson too.
- How Fury lost his eye was disappointing and kind of dumb.
- I want more Gemma Chan!!! nope. she went Boom.

Things I liked:
- Brie was great. Totally dug her as Cap Marvel and I can't wait to see her team up with the Avengers!!!
- De-aged Fury looked fantastic.
- Enjoyed a lot of the 90s things in the movie (although the soundtrack didn't work that well, not like guardians)

I really enjoyed this movie for what it was, loved the performances from the cast and the action sequences. It was totally different from what I expected but personally this isn't a bad thing for me. This really felt like a Phase One movie and I wonder how well the movie would've done if it was released back then.

just got back from cinema personally loved it. 8/10

you never look at a cat quite the same way lol.
personally really happy we had stan the man in there and i guessed who the villian was early on.
liked the personal story with danvers and how it panned out.

many other things i could lay out here but think people should just go and watch and judge for themselves easiest way

think also go in with expect nothing and come away with something, you cant expect this and that @kaw otherwise you will end up disappointed, you know it never happen the way you want it too. it never does.

basil :thumbs:

think also go in with expect nothing and come away with something, you cant expect this and that @kaw otherwise you will end up disappointed, you know it never happen the way you want it too. it never does.

basil :thumbs:

I KNOW, I think I wrecked it for myself. Going in thinking "I hope this happens, and I hope this happens" and then when none of them do you're left if a disappointed feeling rather then enjoying the movie. (but I still feel like some of my gripes have merit)