Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
3.60 star(s) Rating: 3.60/5 5 Votes
Title: Captain Marvel

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Anna Boden, Ryan Fleck

Cast: Brie Larson, Jude Law, Ben Mendelsohn, Samuel L. Jackson, Lee Pace, Djimon Hounsou, Gemma Chan, Clark Gregg, Mckenna Grace, Kenneth Mitchell, Colin Ford, Algenis Perez Soto, Lashana Lynch, Rune Temte, Robert Kazinsky, Raul Torres, Annette Bening, Ana Ayora, Adam Hart, Pete Ploszek, Clayton Chitty, Gastón Dalmau, Mel Powell, Connor Ryan, Damon O'Daniel, DJ Jenkins, DaJuan Rippy, Danny Wendt, Rayniel Rufino

Release: 2019-03-06

Plot: The story follows Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races. Set in the 1990s, Captain Marvel is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Attachments

• cm.jpg
    cm.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,401
  • Thanks
Reactions: Asopp and Flash
It was a pure blast!
Great action, great chemistry with Fury. Mar-Vell was a nice surprise. The Tesseract continuity was BRILLIANT (and what it did for her). Stan The Man both hommage were TERRIFIC (people were applauding like @Wonga experienced)

For me, the music was ok (grew up in the 90's so knew them all), but the choices weren't the best IMO (when comparing with how GOTG truly paved the way).

Can't wait for April 26th....

Rotten tomatoes is a joke these days with critics seriously out of sync with the fans Look at Dr Who season 11 The critics lapped it up and give it 97% The fans hated it Nd give it 21% and this seems to happening more and more especially with the main franchises

Out of curiosity, why fans are right and critics wrong. Why should critics be sync with fans, and them not being makes them wrong. Sounds like -30s and -40s Germany, only one right opinion exists.

Rotten tomatoes is a joke these days with critics seriously out of sync with the fans Look at Dr Who season 11 The critics lapped it up and give it 97% The fans hated it Nd give it 21% and this seems to happening more and more especially with the main franchises

Out of curiosity, why fans are right and critics wrong. Why should critics be sync with fans, and them not being makes them wrong. Sounds like -30s and -40s Germany, only one right opinion exists.

It’s the fans that made the show They know what they want and what they don’t want Change a format at your peril as CBS have found out with Discovery and Disney have found out with Star Wars

It’s the fans that made the show They know what they want and what they don’t want Change a format at your peril as CBS have found out with Discovery and Disney have found out with Star Wars

Seriously I rarely watch tv or films as it’s more about the message than entertainment

Seriously I rarely watch tv or films as it’s more about the message than entertainment

I should have said modern films and tv

Fans may have different views. Thor Ragnarok was well loved among fans. I did not like it at all. Too colourful and lite/funny (or trying to be). Still huge Marvel fan.

I work in a cinema and this film has been busy! We've got 20+ showings of Captain Marvel this week, the cinema I work in only has 10 screens.

Friday was the busiest of the days so far cos of release day and of course it was International Women's Day! The Last time we had this many showings for a film was Avengers: Infinity War!

Reactions: vexred
Went with a friend...sigh.

What a pile of dross. Brie was miscast IMO. Some nice visuals, but I’m done with the MCU. I have had to swallow the lump and admit to myself I am not Marvels target audience. Which is a pity, because they have such pretty colours.

Went with the girlfriend to see it. I didn't enjoy it as much as she did -- I should note, though, that she didn't enjoy it because of the feminism agenda or anything like that, she just have less expectations when it comes to Marvel films, or any film in general.

I did like it, though. I don't think it's a great film but as an origin story it works well. Many, multiple flaws in production, cinematography and sequences, but that's all technical stuff that nerds like me care about. Fight choreography was really disappointing, at one point I thought I was watching a B action movie with 100 camera angles per fight scene. I expected a bit more in that regard, considering the increase in quality in recent Marvel films.

Brie Larson as Captain Marvel did a good job for me. I would have chosen Charlize Theron over her but unfortunately she's too old for the role. Shame.

In a nutshell, it is a fun popcorn and above average film. Go see it if you have nothing better to do on a weekend.

It gets a solid 6/10. :)

Reactions: Drum18