UK
Release date: May 31, 2021
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £29.99

91kSrRhYtmS._AC_SY445_.jpg

81zIzF4ChHS._AC_SX522_.jpg
91CvfCHKOJS._AC_SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Execution of their thought patterns on this steelbook is absolutely Rubbish EEK!

The "Smooth Colorful Wave Patterns" floating around and above their heads in the movie is nothing like what they tried to do on the Steelbook artwork.
I really don't understand how they can't even stay true to the film in terms of artwork, and who ever approved this :BS: should be fired !

That mock-up shows:

4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital​

on the cover.

I thought digital copies were a thing of the past for UK releases?
There is no mention of a digital copy being included on the Zavvi or Amazon website so I'm guessing it's just an image that they've used for all versions (like the Bestbuy one).

Shocking art. All artworks for this (including the one used on noodles mock up) look like art for a doctor who film. Terrible

There is no mention of a digital copy being included on the Zavvi or Amazon website so I'm guessing it's just an image that they've used for all versions (like the Bestbuy one).
Indeed. In which case, it's a sloppy mistake, as they've taken the effort to add the UK classification logos but not remove some wording that is not applicable to the UK version.

Reactions: Loony_Tic
Whoever designed this obviously never watched the movie beforehand, they've made one helluva balls-up with the front.:rofl:

women don't emit noise
(if only that was true:whistle:)

• Haha
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Whoever designed this obviously never watched the movie beforehand, they've made one helluva balls-up with the front.:rofl:

women don't emit noise
(if only that was true:whistle:)

True totally forgot about that, there should not be any noise(or their attempt at drawing it) on Daisy Ridley !

Plus Tom Holland is the Main Character, he should have been featured on the front of the Steelbook, but what an utter mess they did with this Steelbook EEK!
Totally, mindlessly put together :bored:

EU customers beware

Deff.com do not include EU vat with your purchase nor do they remove UK vat from price at checkout
You will end up paying UK Vat and risk having to also pay EU Vat when you should only be paying vat once
As DHL will look for EU vat to be paid when doing delivery
If value of goods are over €22 vat has to be paid and if value is over €150 Import duty has to be paid

July 1st 2021 EU Vat has to be paid no matter the price as the €22 threshold to avoid Vat payment ends

Shipping cost if delivery address is based outside UK is nuts prices
Example shipping to Ireland is £16.95

They use Dhl for EU orders and you will likey have your postal carrier apply a handling fee for collection of Vat before doing delivery as EU vat not included in your purchase

Total cost will be very high if you based in EU or based outside UK

Deff need to register for a EU vat ID by July 1st 2021 and must remove UK vat from price before they apply EU Vat at checkout

Reactions: Felix_ro and gAnX
EU customers beware

Deff.com do not include EU vat with your purchase nor do they remove UK vat from price at checkout
You will end up paying UK Vat and risk having to also pay EU Vat when you should only be paying vat once
As DHL will look for EU vat to be paid when doing delivery
If value of goods are over €22 vat has to be paid and if value is over €150 Import duty has to be paid

July 1st 2021 EU Vat has to be paid no matter the price as the €22 threshold to avoid Vat payment ends

Shipping cost if delivery address is based outside UK is nuts prices
Example shipping to Ireland is £16.95

They use Dhl for EU orders and you will likey have your postal carrier apply a handling fee for collection of Vat before doing delivery as EU vat not included in your purchase

Total cost will be very high if you based in EU or based outside UK

Deff need to register for a EU vat ID by July 1st 2021 and must remove UK vat from price before they apply EU Vat at checkout
Hey Paul (@paulboland), thanks for letting us know about this.
Please tell me, is this any different of what Zavvi is doing?
Cause I for one had seen NO DIFFERENCE on ANY of the Zavvi's websites,
let alone sending Steelbooks from somewhere else than Guernsey
which automatically land them to the customs.

Hey Paul (@paulboland), thanks for letting us know about this.
Please tell me, is this any different of what Zavvi is doing?
Cause I for one had seen NO DIFFERENCE on ANY of the Zavvi's websites,
let alone sending Steelbooks from somewhere else than Guernsey
which automatically land them to the customs.
Zavvi on my parcels now since past 2 months list a HS tarrif customs number with country origin of goods listed as Ireland

The parcels though as usual has postage paid Guernsey and return address as Guernsey

I not been hit for vat to be paid by custums on Zavvi orders in Ireland likely due to the HS Tarrif Vat ID code been listed on the parcel

It will be from July 1st 2021 when customs in EU countries be more strict especially in regards to EU Vat ID codes be on parcels

Zavvi website say they cover the Vat payment for EU customers so if anyone in EU was hit by custums for payment of Vat all the customer has to do is get Zavvi refund that payment as they list on their website they will cover Tax and Duties at no cost to the customer

Zavvi website
Customers based in EU
Zavvi can confirm that your shopping experience will not be impacted, and you will be able to continue to place orders as usual.

For customers located in the EU, most of our products will ship from our distribution centre within the EU and therefore ordering with us will continue as normal.

For any products shipping from the UK to addresses in the EU, tax and duties will be settled on your behalf with our courier, so there is no cost to you

• Thanks
Reactions: Felix_ro
Zavvi on my parcels now since past 2 months list a HS tarrif customs number with country origin of goods listed as Ireland

The parcels though as usual has postage paid Guernsey and return address as Guernsey

I not been hit for vat to be paid by custums on Zavvi orders in Ireland likely due to the HS Tarrif Vat ID code been listed on the parcel

It will be from July 1st 2021 when customs in EU countries be more strict especially in regards to EU Vat ID codes be on parcels

Zavvi website say they cover the Vat payment for EU customers so if anyone in EU was hit by custums for payment of Vat all the customer has to do is get Zavvi refund that payment as they list on their website they will cover Tax and Duties at no cost to the customer

Zavvi website
Customers based in EU
Zavvi can confirm that your shopping experience will not be impacted, and you will be able to continue to place orders as usual.

For customers located in the EU, most of our products will ship from our distribution centre within the EU and therefore ordering with us will continue as normal.

For any products shipping from the UK to addresses in the EU, tax and duties will be settled on your behalf with our courier, so there is no cost to you
Thanks a lot Paul (@paulboland)!
Still, in the link you provided, I can't see anywhere any mention of Zavvi stating will refund VAT or taxes for EU customers.
Furthermore, ALL my recent (this year) Steelbooks purchased from Zavvi, ended up in customs, where I had to go and "settle" things.
Also, would be nice if Zavvi would indeed refund anything we pay to customs, but how about the time spent to go to customs, which, in my case for example, has a very "tight" opening hours, in only three days of the week (Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays), between 08:00 and 16:00, which usually is overlapping with normal working hours of almost anyone, so VERY hard to reach customs for taking some packages from Zavvi.
I ended up "looking, sobbing, swallow the knot, and stop ordering anything" from them!

Thanks a lot Paul (@paulboland)!
Still, in the link you provided, I can't see anywhere any mention of Zavvi stating will refund VAT or taxes for EU customers.
Furthermore, ALL my recent (this year) Steelbooks purchased from Zavvi, ended up in customs, where I had to go and "settle" things.
Also, would be nice if Zavvi would indeed refund anything we pay to customs, but how about the time spent to go to customs, which, in my case for example, has a very "tight" opening hours, in only three days of the week (Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays), between 08:00 and 16:00, which usually is overlapping with normal working hours of almost anyone, so VERY hard to reach customs for taking some packages from Zavvi.
I ended up "looking, sobbing, swallow the knot, and stop ordering anything" from them!
As Zavvi list the following

If customers based in EU
was to be hit by customs for Vat or import duty on items shipped from UK
Zavvi would have to refund EU customers those payments as Zavvi list on their website they cover the vat and import duty at no cost to customer
That means Zavvi pay the EU vat themselves for EU customers if item is shipped from UK

Note you would have to contact Zavvi for the refund if you got hit for Vat payment and that's if it's a parcel shipped from UK
It also can be a mistake by customs in your country not noticing Vat has been paid already

Note this only applies to customers with a delivery address based in EU for items shipped from UK and not customers based in USA or other countries based outside UK

As Zavvi list the following

If customers based in EU
was to be hit by customs for Vat or import duty on items shipped from UK
Zavvi would have to refund EU customers those payments as Zavvi list on their website they cover the vat and import duty at no cost to customer
That means Zavvi pay the EU vat themselves for EU customers if item is shipped from UK

Note you would have to contact Zavvi for the refund if you got hit for Vat payment and that's if it's a parcel shipped from UK
It also can be a mistake by customs in your country not noticing Vat has been paid already

Note this only applies to customers with a delivery address based in EU for items shipped from UK and not customers based in USA or other countries based outside UK
Aside of the fact it is very ambiguous and not clear, if they do not use a courier from end-to-end delivery (as it is in my case, when always the packages from them come through the national postal service, posta-romana.ro), and if they realy state "for items shipped from UK", they clearly left themselves a BIG "escape way", to just say "the Steelbooks are shipped from Guernsey, not from UK".
Maybe we should have this conversation over the Zavvi dedicated thread!? So, hopefully one admin can move those few posts of mine and Paul's...