Chappie - In Theaters March 6, 2015

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Chappie (2015)

Tagline: I am consciousness. I am alive. I am Chappie.

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Neill Blomkamp[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Sharlto Copley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dev Patel[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Yolandi Visser[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Watkin Tudor Jones[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jose Pablo Cantillo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hugh Jackman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sigourney Weaver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brandon Auret[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Eugene Khumbanyiwa[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kevin Otto[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Robert Hobbs[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Johnny K. Selma[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jason Cope[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-03-06[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]120[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Every child comes into the world full of promise, and none more so than Chappie: he is gifted, special, a prodigy. Like any child, Chappie will come under the influence of his surroundings—some good, some bad—and he will rely on his heart and soul to find his way in the world and become his own man. But there's one thing that makes Chappie different from any one else: he is a robot.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
saF3HtAduvrP9ytXDxSnQJP3oqx.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDb:

Director: Neill Blomkamp

With: Sharlto Copley, Hugh Jackman, Sigourney Weaver, Yolandi Visser and Ninja

Courtesy of Entertainment Weekly:
Blomkamp is keeping details about the project largely under wraps, but he has described it as “a science-fiction comedy” in an “unusual setting.” Details on Copley’s character are also still under wraps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Drum18
Finally got around to seeing this...AWESOME! I really liked District 9, didn't so much like Elysium...this one redeemed Blomkamp, for me. Loads of action and...I may have teared up once or twice. I LOVE that Blomkamp films in his hometown. Johannesburg is such a beautiful setting.

I didn't realize it from the trailer...halfway through watching the movie I was like, "They're playing a lot of Die Antwoord music...oh wait, isn't that the girl from Die Antwoord...oh wait, isn't that Ninja?" Not the greatest actors, but their music is part of the soundtrack so that was great!

Hmm Chappie was too much like a prawn for me, actually looked and moved like one
Nothing new here to be honest,diffrent doesnt make a film good, hard to love Chappie himself
The actors accent gets very tiring after a while if i am being perfectly honest

Is this worth a blind buy, I am reluctant to go ahead since I have been so/so on the other Blomkamp movies

maybe just get a digital copy eh @Ricker