Chappie - In Theaters March 6, 2015

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Chappie (2015)

Tagline: I am consciousness. I am alive. I am Chappie.

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Neill Blomkamp[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Sharlto Copley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dev Patel[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Yolandi Visser[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Watkin Tudor Jones[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jose Pablo Cantillo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hugh Jackman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sigourney Weaver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brandon Auret[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Eugene Khumbanyiwa[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kevin Otto[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Robert Hobbs[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Johnny K. Selma[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jason Cope[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-03-06[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]120[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Every child comes into the world full of promise, and none more so than Chappie: he is gifted, special, a prodigy. Like any child, Chappie will come under the influence of his surroundings—some good, some bad—and he will rely on his heart and soul to find his way in the world and become his own man. But there's one thing that makes Chappie different from any one else: he is a robot.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
saF3HtAduvrP9ytXDxSnQJP3oqx.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDb:

Director: Neill Blomkamp

With: Sharlto Copley, Hugh Jackman, Sigourney Weaver, Yolandi Visser and Ninja

Courtesy of Entertainment Weekly:
Blomkamp is keeping details about the project largely under wraps, but he has described it as “a science-fiction comedy” in an “unusual setting.” Details on Copley’s character are also still under wraps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Drum18
Reactions: harry
Yeah, a modern Johhny 5 all Homey-ed out with bling, and taught to be 'street' by White South African Rappers Die Antwoord... This sounds like a freakin' trainwreck to me.
And, really...
Doesn't Blomkamp know that you should NEVER use a title that can altered with ONE letter to disparage your film??!!!
image.jpg
:p:p

Last edited:
Can't wait for this. And Im looking forward to seeing die antwoord in a film. Love ninja and yolandi

If this is not the image for the steelbook I will cry

image.jpg

Reactions: vurt
I think this looks like it will be really good! Can't wait to check it out!! :woot:

The whole concept is quite interesting and Blomkamp certainly knows what he's doing with his own sci-fi vision. So, I won't be surprised if this ends up being a mega hit.

Is this Wall-E grown up? Is this a Transformer? Or is it a Terminator? I'm confused... lol

A rough opening at the box office for Chappie. I continuously laugh at how everyone b*tches and moans about Hollywood only creating sequels/remakes/reboots, but then when an original film comes along, it receives zero support (eg. this, Seventh Son and Jupiter Ascending all tanked at the box office this year).

A rough opening at the box office for Chappie. I continuously laugh at how everyone b*tches and moans about Hollywood only creating sequels/remakes/reboots, but then when an original film comes along, it receives zero support (eg. this, Seventh Son and Jupiter Ascending all tanked at the box office this year).
I wouldn't call Chappie original, far from it, it steals from Short Circuit, Robocop, Wall-E, Appleseed, District 9, Elysium.

That's not to say the film is terrible (its not rated very highly though), I don't like Blomkamp borrowing from everyone else, even his own films !

He's even released artwork for Alien 5 with Sigourney Weavers face encased in a weird alien head, except that's from the TV show Farscape ie Scorpius ! - he sure likes to be influenced...
Farscape-Scorpius[1].jpg
ripley.jpg