HMV JP
Notes: Matte finish, inside artwork, 1 disc edition

CharlieJP0.jpg

CharlieJP1.jpg

Actual pictures courtesy of dv8mad:
Charlie-JP-1.jpg

Charlie-JP-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, it is G1 or G2? Can't really tell from the pictures.

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

For those who are interested in:

Region Free

Audio:

English 5.1
English DolbyTrueHD
Français 5.1
Español 5.1

Subtitles:

English for hearing impairs
Français
Chinese
Korean
Español

No Japanese audio or subs? Are you sure? :hilarious:

The back cover states that it has English and Japanese 5.1 DD audio (not lossless though) apart from English 5.1 Dolby THD.

As for the subtitles, this only has English and Japanese. That's what I read on the back cover.

And I believe the steelbook size is a G2.

Just curious, why is the color of the back cover of photo 3 and 4 (The Golden Ticket) DIFFERENT?

Photo 3 has darker color than photo 4.

Last edited:
The back cover states that it has English and Japanese 5.1 DD audio (not lossless though) apart from English 5.1 Dolby THD.

As for the subtitles, this only has English and Japanese. That's what I read on the back cover.

And I believe the steelbook size is a G2.

Just curious, why is the color of the back cover of photo 3 and 4 (The Golden Ticket) DIFFERENT?

Photo 3 has darker color than photo 4.

frankfish44 explained it well the one is standing with light behind it. while the other is lying on it and light at 45 degree angle more or less...:)

Thanks Nick and Frankfish.

This is the cover used for the region 3 dvd. I guess it's a deal between WB and the Japanese distributor to use it in all of its releases in Japan.

The cover design is pretty cool but the pinkish color makes it girlish :p and much less striking and attractive.

I am hoping the US steelbook with the US dvd cover (the chocolate brown color) will be released in the next wave this or next year. To me, it looks a lot more attractive. :thumbs:

Thanks Nick and Frankfish.

This is the cover used for the region 3 dvd. I guess it's a deal between WB and the Japanese distributor to use it in all of its releases in Japan.

The cover design is pretty cool but the pinkish color makes it girlish :p and much less striking and attractive.

I am hoping the US steelbook with the US dvd cover (the chocolate brown color) will be released in the next wave this or next year. To me, it looks a lot more attractive. :thumbs:

But region 3 is Hong Kong. Hong Kong is in CHINA. China and Japan are, of course two completely different countries.

Last edited:
In case any of you are curious about my saying the Japanese steelbook using the region 3 (Hong Kong, Thailand, Indonesia etc) dvd cover, check the images below.

I've owned it since 2005 :D
FYI, I've been collecting region 0,1,2,3 dvds long before blu-rays even existed, so I won't state it unless I am certain.

Attachments

• Charlie.jpg
    Charlie.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Charlie and Chocolate.jpg
    Charlie and Chocolate.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
No one's doubting you. But region 3 isn't in Japan like you stated. I was trying to point out that the artwork's already been used in a different country.

No one's doubting you. But region 3 isn't in Japan like you stated. I was trying to point out that the artwork's already been used in a different country.

You've misunderstood my sentences, mate. I'd have had to write unnecessarily longer for that. :(

Anyway, I'm hoping Warner UK will also release this just like their premium steels.

^ Holy crap! He's right. I went ahead and put my disc in and there is absolutely no option for Japanese.
They must have used the wrong discs for these. I wonder if the others in this release are like that?

This would certainly otherwise be the first ever JP release without any Japanese! LOL

I will do some research tonight. I have a feeling that we are looking at some disc replacement program(s).

^ Holy crap! He's right. I went ahead and put my disc in and there is absolutely no option for Japanese.
They must have used the wrong discs for these. I wonder if the others in this release are like that?

This would certainly otherwise be the first ever JP release without any Japanese! LOL

I will do some research tonight. I have a feeling that we are looking at some disc replacement program(s).

I've just checked the others I have; 300, V for Vendetta, Amadeus and The Goonies.

Every single one of them has what I have to believe is the North American version of the disc inside. I've just emailed Warner Japan to see what the deal is with replacement discs as I have had a brief look around online and haven't seen any word of this issue yet.
Of course, it probably doesn't affect the majority of you, but my wife and her sister will be pissed if there is no Japanese! :angry:

Reactions: CaptainCoffee