HMV JP
Notes: Matte finish, inside artwork, 1 disc edition

CharlieJP0.jpg

CharlieJP1.jpg

Actual pictures courtesy of dv8mad:
Charlie-JP-1.jpg

Charlie-JP-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just checked the others I have; 300, V for Vendetta, Amadeus and The Goonies.

Every single one of them has what I have to believe is the North American version of the disc inside. I've just emailed Warner Japan to see what the deal is with replacement discs as I have had a brief look around online and haven't seen any word of this issue yet.
Of course, it probably doesn't affect the majority of you, but my wife and her sister will be pissed if there is no Japanese! :angry:

Did you set your player's default menu / language to Japanese?

Most of the Warner Blu-rays have hidden Japanese audio / subtitles streams and will be visible only when player's default language is set to Japanese.

Reactions: Rand and ash333
I've just checked the others I have; 300, V for Vendetta, Amadeus and The Goonies. Every single one of them has what I have to believe is the North American version of the disc inside.

Are you serious? Can you please tell me the subtitles on Amadeus? Please? :)

Some posts I've read say this is a little flat looking and dull
Can anyone comment.. As I want to buy but can't find a good pic...
Thanks for any help guys

Did you set your player's default menu / language to Japanese?

Most of the Warner Blu-rays have hidden Japanese audio / subtitles streams and will be visible only when player's default language is set to Japanese.

Wow! That's crazy, but you are right. I have never seen that before. I took the disc upstairs to our Japanese player and it kicked right up in Japanese with a completely different menu that only offers Japanese and English as listed on the jcard.

So, if you pop it into a non-Japanese player, it seems you will get many more audio and subtitle options than actually listed.

Not every disc was the same, but the majority had audio and/or subs for English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, Portuguese, Korean and some had more.
At least that mystery is solved and it should make purchasing some JP titles easier to swallow for some that thought they didn't have those audio options!

That's explained why all the series are still available in store. LOL
Saw them on display on the shelves over at BIC Camera Shinjuku, none of them attracted me except this title.

Just got this from Amazon.jp. Showed up in perfect shape...surprisingly because it was sent internationally in one of those sticky on the inside cardboard envelopes.

Reactions: dfoles
Just got this from Amazon.jp. Showed up in perfect shape...surprisingly because it was sent internationally in one of those sticky on the inside cardboard envelopes.

Rec'd mine today as well. It came in a mailer as well.

I hate this film. Had it been the 1973 film I would have purchased but i think this Tim Burton one is dire.

Love the original, but yo can't watch this as a comparison. You have to go into it knowing and expecting a Burton film. If you do this it is a great film.

Reactions: Geek Tragedy
I tend to find Burtons films like marmite. You either like them or loathe them. Some films he's done I love. Others total crap. To me he's one of those directors he either makes a great film or a crap film. No half way house with me

Reactions: jayce20