Coco (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #46) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: TBA
GB Price: One Click $175.99/Double Lenti $67.99/Single Lenti $62.99/Full Slip $60.00/Quarter slip $56.99
Group buy: To be hosted by Cooey HERE - GB will be live 2nd June!! Will be live at a random time between 4PM - 6PM UK time
Notes:
Will not include a 3D disc

Double Lenti | Single Lenti | Full Slip | Box set (includes Double and Single Lentis + Full Slip) | Quarter Slip (not included in the box set)

Blufan_COCO-00.jpgBlufan_COCO-01.jpgBlufan_COCO-02.jpgBlufan_COCO-03.jpgBlufan_COCO-04.jpg
105533is00xte5tee64zz3.jpg
104515j9zyhdyu7kyyy37q.jpg104514ub00b39llal20n22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They just look like average everyday lentis compared so some of BluFans amazing lentis like Thor Ragnarok. These seem a little more rushed than usual but they're not bad or too blurry.

They look blurry to me. And they look exactly like my double lenti so it’s not just that it’s hard to capture lentis in pics

I really hope Blufans improves for TLJ and BP (n)

• Thanks
Reactions: ty233
Coco deserve a gorgeous steelbook like this one. Imo, the international steelbook (with the guitar) is to dull for this colourful movie.

Reactions: DMD4k
would have been so nice and more beautiful to me.. :'( (especially the back)
Thanks! I believe I did my concept before the majority of poster art was available (as is often the case lol), so I'd probably actually do it differently now.

I really like how BF's turned out though. I also just realised they used the exact same art as my concept for one of their slips... not for the first time. :whistle: :p

Coco deserve a gorgeous steelbook like this one. Imo, the international steelbook (with the guitar) is to dull for this colourful movie.
The USA one is better than the International WWA but each has a cool element. The full gloss and deboss on USA in hand I think is better than the WWA euro/asia etc. But I do like the clever embossing/debossing on that one too. Then there is this blufans one which is fantastic as well. If i had to only own 2 I'd go for blufans and USA one. But im cray so I own all as i collect this film for the most part.

Thanks! I believe I did my concept before the majority of poster art was available (as is often the case lol), so I'd probably actually do it differently now.

I really like how BF's turned out though. I also just realised they used the exact same art as my concept for one of their slips... not for the first time. :whistle::p
Someone may have sent that way early on to them. :whistle:

• Haha
  • Thanks
Reactions: Actarus and Noodles
Someone may have sent that way early on to them. :whistle:
You sneaky...! :peeking: :p

I remember you saying you did that with my Thor concept, but genuinely thought all the others were just a strange (but cool) coincidence lol.

Long as @Noodles got a free copy ;)
Lol nah, and I honestly don't expect one. I didn't even realise it had the same art until just now! :D

Reactions: Mickle_89
I sent it cause I loved it ... i had no confirmation anything was done cause of it .... but what is seen sometimes cant be unseen. :p

Reactions: Noodles
For those of you who did not purchase separately the extra missing Disks to complete this "only 2D'' Release, should reconsider.
Many have grabbed a 3D Disk to add, that is an obvious choice. However some may have passed on the 4K UHD Disk Version of the film.
The reason why I am bringing this up is because I had bought myself the UHD to add to the release as well, but never read a proper review about the A/V Quality of the UHD.

here is a review WORTH READING from the digital bits.

Coco**
** = Reference title

Coco’s digital animation was rendered in 2K and finished at the 2.39:1 theatrical aspect ratio. It was upscaled and given an HDR10 color grade for its release on 4K Ultra HD. But don’t let the upscaling put you off; this is one of the most finely-textured animated films I’ve seen yet. Character and environmental detail is extraordinary, visible in everything from skin and hair, to bone, brick, stucco, fabric, and water. That, combined with the film’s bold color palette and impressive use of atmospheric effects gives Coco a unique realism and dimensionality, almost as though it were animated with physical models. That palette is greatly enhanced with an HDR grade that lends natural glare to bright skies and surface reflections, deepens the darkest shadows, and enriches and broadens the coloring. Eyes have a glossy liquid appearance, metal gleams, and the inlay on Ernesto’s guitar has a lovely pearlescent quality. This is gorgeous animation, exquisitely rendered, and luminous in HDR. [Editor’s Note: We’ve learned from director Lee Unkrich that Pixar has tested rendering their animation at full native 4K and found that there isn’t enough of a visual benefit vs 2K. Doing so would also increase both the processing power required and rendering time significantly.]

Audio on the 4K disc is provided in a smooth and expansive English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos mix (Dolby TrueHD compatible) of lovely clarity and fullness. This isn’t a bombastic presentation, but rather a lush and atmospheric experience that envelops the listener within the soundstage. Directionality is precise and natural, lots of ambient cues from the height channels. LFE is firm but never overpowering, while dialogue and music are crisp and clean. This a fine reproduction of the theatrical sonic experience for the home and it serves the visuals well.

Hope This helps some that would otherwise have passed on the UHD :thumbs:

Nice release in so many ways, but no 3D makes it a pointless premium IMO as the 3D is simply stunning. Such a wasted opportunity for what is now one of my fav Pixar flicks.

Nice release in so many ways, but no 3D makes it a pointless premium IMO as the 3D is simply stunning. Such a wasted opportunity for what is now one of my fav Pixar flicks.

I agree this is one special Movie and Release by Blufans, really worth getting that Boxset one of my Favorite Package From Blufans.
But I don't see the 3D as an issue(it sucks I agree but there are Options), Just grab a 3D Disk and insert it in the Steelbook, that is what I did :thumbs:

isn't it what we all do !? Mix and Match with whatever Options are available to us ?

I bought the 3D Disk from Korea for VENOM since it is not going to be included in the Blufans Release :thumbs: