Coco (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #46) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: TBA
GB Price: One Click $175.99/Double Lenti $67.99/Single Lenti $62.99/Full Slip $60.00/Quarter slip $56.99
Group buy: To be hosted by Cooey HERE - GB will be live 2nd June!! Will be live at a random time between 4PM - 6PM UK time
Notes:
Will not include a 3D disc

Double Lenti | Single Lenti | Full Slip | Box set (includes Double and Single Lentis + Full Slip) | Quarter Slip (not included in the box set)

Blufan_COCO-00.jpgBlufan_COCO-01.jpgBlufan_COCO-02.jpgBlufan_COCO-03.jpgBlufan_COCO-04.jpg
105533is00xte5tee64zz3.jpg
104515j9zyhdyu7kyyy37q.jpg104514ub00b39llal20n22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor @rebelrocks he'll get none of the credit now due to @Mickle_89's awesome pics :p

If you can share how to do this, that would be great. I'd love to do this to mine!
Done and Done! It was so easy to do! I didn't even have much residue to get rid of, just some tiny bits in the corners. I started from the right corner and the white backing came off in strips from right to left. I can't believe how vibrant (and glossy!) this is now! So happy. Thanks @Mickle_89 for your input!

Told you :p

Yes, it looks good although not 'original' and will devalue the product for the purist collectors as will any other alteration to the original product. Re-sale may be not on your mind in the foreseeable future but it's a dangerous precedent for others who are at this moment literally defacing their purchases and who may one day be obliged to let some of these 'altered' products go to market.
Just taking an example more in my line of interest: an antique silver (George III) christening mug in original plain un-engraved condition vs. the same mug got at by the Victorians with masses of engraving and other work appealing more to the buyers of that era … the Georgian/Victorian worked mug will be worth up to 50% less than the original despite the fact that they may've been made in the same year and were identical products originally.
I take your point about defacing value, but here is my line of thinking about it here...

Anyone looking to seriously do this is obviously not going to do so with intentions and/or even thinking about future sales or worrying about it decreasing in value. *Hell, you could go as far to say Blufans already shot the value of the "original DL" as is with those awful Lenti's they stuck on lol (*may or may not be a slight exaggeration).

IMO, the type of person looking to "customize" their DL would be those that are disappointed with the original product and are doing so purely for their own enjoyment/satisfaction and collection etc.

It's a similar ballgame to those that like to mix and match different editions to make their own Ultimate Edition of sorts. I've only done so only on a few occasions but there are those (like @Apollon :p) that create special one off hybrids all the time. You could say that defaces value too, but I assume they do it as they're basically creating the ultimate edition of their own preference.

I also wouldn't necessarily advise doing this if it's your one and only copy. Mine and @rebelrocks were exceptions as we fortunately had a slip surplus. I say fortunately, although it's not really as I still have a defective "original DL" and now a customized makeshift FS...

@jaffajakes maybe took the plunge with his one and only copy, I don't know :LOL:

Either way, "value" and "originality" don't really come into it in this instance imo.

Reactions: Steelselecta
Ah damn.... you tell us now, just as I poured some chocolate milk into my FAC John Wick mug :(
Lol … by original I didn't mean leaving sealed … I meant altering / vandalising the actual product (and not by swapping out the regular discs for 4K UHDs in case anyone's going there).

Maybe it's time we contacted BF and asked for an extra special ultra premium double lenti without the lenti's! :LOL: Just the slip though not the whole shebang! :rofl:

I have been waiting to open any new release until I move(to make things easier)
but I will be Opening my Boxset of Coco Today and see if I will surgically remove The Lenti sheet (n):dunno:
I only have one DL in my Boxset, will explore to see the condition first, but with all those super Glossy pictures it is tempting.

Last edited:
I have been waiting to open any new release until I move(to make things easier)
but I will be Opening my Boxset of Coco Today and see if I will surgically remove The Lenti sheet (n):dunno:
I only have one DL in my Boxset, will explore to see the condition first, but with all those super Glossy pictures it is tempting.

I have done that before. Underneath is a glossy image of the lenticular artwork.

Reactions: Actarus
@rebelrocks @Mickle_89 @jaffajakes

After reading about all of the issues that seems to have affected many members with the Double Lenti,
I decided to Open my Boxset expecting the worse (earlier than I would have liked to).
Everything was mint, all the way up to the envelops which had no creases whatsoever.
Much care was taken in putting this Boxset Together.

So I pull out everything and go straight for the Double Lenti expecting the worse :facepalm: ...but WOW mine is Suuuuuuper Nice :OMG:
My DL has Great Depth, Clarity and Details ! Very few faint tiny scratches on the lenti here and there, but nothing really noticeable if you aren't OCD.
It would be a crime to remove the Lentis off My Double Lenti. The Edition is one of Blufans Great. Mine Anyways.
I inspected everything in My Boxset and Everything is of Extremely High Quality/Mint.
This Boxset has now moved up with my favorites ones. A little Gem.

For members like you guys, to go up to removing a Blufans Lenti your copies must have been pretty bad EEK!
Really sorry to have been reading about your copies being flawed.
Only thing I can think of, is that maybe they must have been done in Batches as there must be some nice one out there since mine is.

After reading about all of the issues that seems to have affected many members with the Double Lenti,
I decided to Open my Boxset expecting the worse (earlier than I would have liked to).
Everything was mint, all the way up to the envelops which had no creases whatsoever.

So I pull out everything and go straight for the Double Lenti expecting the worse :facepalm: ...but WOW mine is Suuuuuuper Nice :OMG:
My DL has Great Depth, Clarity and Details ! Very few faint tiny scratches on the lenti here and there, but nothing really noticeable if you aren't OCD.
It would be a crime to remove the Lentis off My Double Lenti. The Edition is one of Blufans Great. Mine Anyways.
I inspected everything in My Boxset and Everything is of Extremely High Quality/Mint.

For members like you guys, to go up to removing a Blufans Lenti your copies must have been pretty bad EEK!
Only thing I can think of, is that maybe they must have been done in Batches as there must be some nice one out there since mine is.

Are both Miguel and Hector from your front lenti also clear?

Pics or it didn't happen :p:LOL:

Jk buddy, big congrats if that's the case ;) Both DL's I have/had look like this... :squint:

(Excuse the poor quality pics, stuff like this is sometimes very difficult to catch on camera... :cautious:)
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180908145120184_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180908145122734_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180908145128374_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180908145135937_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180908145138429_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180908145151695_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180908145227821_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180908145231273_COVER.jpg
IMG_20180908_145342.jpg

Reactions: Actarus
Pics or it didn't happen :p:LOL:

Jk buddy, big congrats if that's the case ;) Both DL's I have/had look like this... :squint:

(Excuse the poor quality pics, stuff like this is sometimes very difficult to catch on camera... :cautious:)

Thanks Mate ;) Sorry about yours, it's always sad to read when someone gets copies of something subpar Quality :(

Yes my Lenti is Nothing like yours EEK! reason why I was so surprised.
It is Bright and Clear and those small tiny scratches we see on lenticulars at times, there's some but faint and scarce.
This is the thing, I've tried to take pictures of lentis in the past and what I see is not what the camera captures.

I love how they played with the Depth for the Title, the O's in CoCo being deeper in the lenti. It's a small detail but neat.
Very sorry about yours, I would not be praising mine if it were to look like yours, I would have ripped that sucker off.

Reactions: Mickle_89
@Mickle_89 you pics of your lenti, im only going by pics all those little spots do you think that is dirt or excess glue underneath showing up because does look odd from what you have posted up. i know scratches are a pain but its those spots got me wondering.

basil :thumbs: