Coco (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #46) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: TBA
GB Price: One Click $175.99/Double Lenti $67.99/Single Lenti $62.99/Full Slip $60.00/Quarter slip $56.99
Group buy: To be hosted by Cooey HERE - GB will be live 2nd June!! Will be live at a random time between 4PM - 6PM UK time
Notes:
Will not include a 3D disc

Double Lenti | Single Lenti | Full Slip | Box set (includes Double and Single Lentis + Full Slip) | Quarter Slip (not included in the box set)

Blufan_COCO-00.jpgBlufan_COCO-01.jpgBlufan_COCO-02.jpgBlufan_COCO-03.jpgBlufan_COCO-04.jpg
105533is00xte5tee64zz3.jpg
104515j9zyhdyu7kyyy37q.jpg104514ub00b39llal20n22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I find @Mickle_89 ’s photo of the steelbook more colorful than the one I have (1/4 slip).
I was actually disappointed when I saw it for the first time.
img_0788-jpg.387563

Check out this photo...
1) the Steelbook is still sealed whereas mine is open. Removing the shrink wrap definitely improves the look of a glossy steel imo (with matte it's the opposite lol)
2) the lighting conditions don't look ideal in that photo.

Verdict: open your Steelbook :naughty:

• Haha
  • Thanks
Reactions: milky and harry
Thought I had a customs hic-up for my One Click,, but all OK,, then the real fear..looking at a bashed box...,, but all seems OK,, was a close call though // thanks @cooey

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey
Due to my original Double Lenti slip and mainly the steelbook being damaged and recently receiving a mint replacement thank you @cooey :thumbs:, I decided to do something with the original one. So I decided to remove the Lenti images and peeled off the sticky back glue which came off really easily and didnt damage the slip box at all, I was pleased to see a nice high clear and glossy images hidden behind it. Here are some pictures of the result. I am a Lenti fan but this looks so much better IMO. One of those occassions where a Blufans Lenti fails big time. What do you guys think ?

Coco_DL_Front.jpg

Coco_DL_Back.jpg

Due to my original Double Lenti slip and mainly the steelbook being damaged and recently receiving a mint replacement thank you @cooey :thumbs:, I decided to do something with the original one. So I decided to remove the Lenti images and peeled off the sticky back glue which came off really easily and didnt damage the slip box at all, I was pleased to see a nice high clear and glossy images hidden behind it. Here are some pictures of the result. I am a Lenti fan but this looks so much better IMO. One of those occassions where a Blufans Lenti fails big time. What do you guys think ?

View attachment 391535

View attachment 391536.
Looks good
Does it hit the quality of Double Lenti?

View attachment 391535

View attachment 391536.
That looks better IMO. I'm surprised they go to the trouble (and cost) of printing the same images under the lentis. It's great to know the lentis can be removed without damaging the slips, well done for investigating that. I can imagine this being mod a few lenti owners would go with.

Holy crapballs! Revelation! Was it difficult to remove the Lenti?

Wasn't difficult at all the adhesive layer remained after taking the Lenti off. The adhesive came off in strips felt more like tape instead of glue. Just used the same sticky back strips to remove the left over glue.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Lionet
That looks better IMO. I'm surprised they go to the trouble (and cost) of printing the same images under the lentis. It's great to know the lentis can be removed without damaging the slips, well done for investigating that. I can imagine this being mod a few lenti owners would go with.

I wouldn't have dared doing it if it was my only copy but I was curious as you can see the same image behind it and just wanted to do it. Didn't have anything to lose. So glad I did as the comparison is huge.

@rebelrocks Hey, bud! Could you describe the layout of the glue strips behind the Lenti and how many there? I want to know exactly how to approach as to create the least amount of damage because it’s my only copy. Thanks!

View attachment 391535

View attachment 391536.
WOAH!!!!!! :OMG::OMG: That's looks infinitely better lol! And all you had to do was take off the Lenti's :wacky::LOL: Wow, I may have to try this... :naughty::drool:

@rebelrocks Hey, bud! Could you describe the layout of the glue strips behind the Lenti and how many there? I want to know exactly how to approach as to create the least amount of damage because it’s my only copy. Thanks!

The Lenti comes off really well. You will be left with complete adhesive backing. When you start the process of taking it off it tears of in random strips. Use the same adhesive backing to remove the left over glue

The Lenti comes off really well. You will be left with complete adhesive backing. When you start the process of taking it off it tears of in random strips. Use the same adhesive backing to remove the left over glue

WOW I would never have been brave enough to try this, dunno if I am :wow: ...but looks freakin' Great

View attachment 391535

View attachment 391536.
What's the finish on it without the lenti?