Coco (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #46) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: TBA
GB Price: One Click $175.99/Double Lenti $67.99/Single Lenti $62.99/Full Slip $60.00/Quarter slip $56.99
Group buy: To be hosted by Cooey HERE - GB will be live 2nd June!! Will be live at a random time between 4PM - 6PM UK time
Notes:
Will not include a 3D disc

Double Lenti | Single Lenti | Full Slip | Box set (includes Double and Single Lentis + Full Slip) | Quarter Slip (not included in the box set)

Blufan_COCO-00.jpgBlufan_COCO-01.jpgBlufan_COCO-02.jpgBlufan_COCO-03.jpgBlufan_COCO-04.jpg
105533is00xte5tee64zz3.jpg
104515j9zyhdyu7kyyy37q.jpg104514ub00b39llal20n22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up my One Click from the PO and I'm pleased to report the outer packaging box was in near-perfect condition :angel: I was worried when the lady came out the back with my parcel it would be bashed to sh!t but was pleasantly surprised to see it's in very good shape. Quicky opened up and yep, everything looks in perfect order. It's a shame we as collectors have to go through all this worry of receiving damaged goods from Blufans. I did expect them to continue their double-boxed shipping method on from Thor Ragnarok. Why do it just for Thor??? :wtf: Maybe they have more replacements available for Coco... Hmmm :coffee:

Reactions: harry
Yeah, it is. We get to see the bashed ones, which is natural, all the others we don't see are arriving fine we have to assume.

@rschiks , @kingkarl1967, @BlackDevil - disgraceful condition these are arriving in, especially as we've had these issues with BluFans deliveries for over a year (I seem to remember similar problems with TFA and that was this time last year). It's true that we are only seeing the really bad examples so we don't know how the others are arriving, but it's happened to me and lots of others (including Cooey) and this really has to stop.

Would be interesting to run a poll on the Blufans Retailer thread for who has had damage and who hasn't.

@rschiks , @kingkarl1967, @BlackDevil - disgraceful condition these are arriving in, especially as we've had these issues with BluFans deliveries for over a year (I seem to remember similar problems with TFA and that was this time last year). It's true that we are only seeing the really bad examples so we don't know how the others are arriving, but it's happened to me and lots of others (including Cooey) and this really has to stop.

Would be interesting to run a poll on the Blufans Retailer thread for who has had damage and who hasn't.
Too right and they are not bloody cheap at nearly £140 a pop ! ........

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Headhunter
Exactly.

And like I have posted countless times, I have fed back to Blufans about the state that some of these are arriving in. Also, Blufans, again as I stated so many times, are not the ones to blame. The packaging that they use is more than adequate. Something is happening from the point of leaving Blufans to going on their way to the customer and are being impacted from something big and heavy to cause these kind of damages. Again, this is not a Blufans problem but a handling/shipping service issue that Blufans are trying to rectify.

I agree cooey. The first step to solving it is understanding why it's happening and narrowing when it's happening as much as possible, that's why I've been giving it this much thought.

As a person who has received lots of blufans, even when boxes are bashed most arrive fine due to the foam packaging inside.

Businesses have different risks they are willing to take and if they are willing to take care of people who get damages and that works for them in the profit/loss department then bottom line is that is that. For those who have been buying blufans for 2-3 years at least you have seen the packaging get better and better .... I'd say they got their arrived fine/arrived damaged ratio likely at a place they are happy with.

The grey area is that of the customer waiting to receive something they are eager to get that they paid alot for and then the customer having a poor experience. They should simply only try to keep improving based upon that as happy experiences equal sales. If they revert back to the double box thing like with Thor then I think they will made yet another improvement as like mentioned earlier they keep on improving over the years.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k and Radagast
Does anybody else feel like this one was pretty rushed? No 3D disc, full slip definitely looks thinner than the others, DL and SL lentis are pretty poor, steel turned out less glossy than the mock-up

I guess even Blufans cocks things up from time to time

At least the box and finish on the full slip turned out okay.

(Edit: forgot about the steelbook finish)

I opened up my Boxset the other day. I have to say the whole experience of opening it up was pretty, well... disappointing? (n):grumpy: The Box itself is very nice as usual and the Steelbook I am actually very pleased with (I don't feel it was under-glossed or anything like that etc). Looks good to me :drool: The Lenti's on the other hand are pretty bad for a Blufans of this day and age :meh: My DL looked fine prior to opening but once opened I immediately noticed all these "dots/blotches/blemishes" etc (not really sure how else to explain it :confused:). My DL also has horizontal scratch lines on both sides, mostly the back :( Definitely not what you'd describe as a nice "clean" Lenticular sheet lol (QC obviously gone out the window :rolleyes:). I haven't bothered opening the SL or FS yet. SL looks on par with the DL (IMO), not necessarily better but may look slightly sharper without the wrap, or maybe it won't just like the DL :p Either way, they all look a downgrade compared to the usual BF standards. The Fullslip as well being so slim! EEK! Not a huge fan of that either, though the artwork is decent enough. THIS however looks superb and I passed on it in favour of Blufans! :offtopic::arghh: At least the main star of the show I'm very pleased with (though you could say we got skimped with only standard BD..) but I'm now thinking I may as well have just cheaped out and bought the 1/4 slip :hilarious:

I've took glorified pics of my set anyway :p (will post sometime soon) but for now here is a quick look at my DL "defects". It was so hard to capture on camera I resorted to a vid :LOL: And even here it doesn't look as bad as what I see in-hand... :sorry:

Hoping with Black Panther they knock it out the park like they did Thor Ragnorak :thanks: