Coco (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #46) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: TBA
GB Price: One Click $175.99/Double Lenti $67.99/Single Lenti $62.99/Full Slip $60.00/Quarter slip $56.99
Group buy: To be hosted by Cooey HERE - GB will be live 2nd June!! Will be live at a random time between 4PM - 6PM UK time
Notes:
Will not include a 3D disc

Double Lenti | Single Lenti | Full Slip | Box set (includes Double and Single Lentis + Full Slip) | Quarter Slip (not included in the box set)

Blufan_COCO-00.jpgBlufan_COCO-01.jpgBlufan_COCO-02.jpgBlufan_COCO-03.jpgBlufan_COCO-04.jpg
105533is00xte5tee64zz3.jpg
104515j9zyhdyu7kyyy37q.jpg104514ub00b39llal20n22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't bring myself to even try this EEK!

Haha I certainly wouldn't be brave enough to do this if this was my only copy. It had some slight spine damage where it got crushed. So in the interests of science i thought what the heck and see what is underneath. Its good to know that you basically get a proper Fullslip. I might put my best buy edition in it. Unfortunately the Blufans steelbook got a nasty dent on the back corner.

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
That looks better IMO. I'm surprised they go to the trouble (and cost) of printing the same images under the lentis. It's great to know the lentis can be removed without damaging the slips, well done for investigating that. I can imagine this being mod a few lenti owners would go with.

I did that with Inside Out and Big Hero 6. Very easy.

Reactions: DMD4k
Today I received a replacement empty Double Lenti slip as the one I had was covered in horrible marks, scratches/scuffs etc, but sadly the replacement was just as bad as my original :facepalm: if not worse given it was slightly crushed during transit thanks to good ol' China Post :wtf::wtf: I was pretty disappointed as I naively hoped that somehow the Lenti's would perhaps fair better quality-wise or at least be clean (as in decent QC) but it wasn't, and then some... :grumpy:

Which lead me to follow in @rebelrocks footsteps and think F-it, attempt some Blufans DIY :p:LOL: And the result is fascinating! :OMG: Why Blufans decided to cover up these wonderful, bright, super glossy images with those sub-par Lenti's I do not know... :cautious:

Anyhow, here is the result. Took all of around 20 mins start to finish. Both Lenticular sheets removed, residue cleaned off and I also managed to gently press out the creased spine. Result = Beautiful, clean, full glossy Coco FullSlip :thanks:

BeFunky-collage (9).jpg

:wow::drool::cigar:
BeFunky-collage (8).jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180908154331148_COVER_wm.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180908155511949_COVER_wm.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180908154943194_COVER_wm.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180908155122408_COVER_wm.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180908155211754_COVER_wm.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180908155258117_COVER_wm.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180908161713952_COVER_wm.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180908161834352_COVER_wm.jpg

Today I received a replacement empty Double Lenti slip as the one I had was covered in horrible marks, scratches/scuffs etc, but sadly the replacement was just as bad as my original :facepalm: if not worse given it was slightly crushed during transit thanks to good ol' China Post :wtf::wtf: I was pretty disappointed as I naively hoped that somehow the Lenti's would perhaps fair better quality-wise or at least be clean (as in decent QC) but it wasn't, and then some... :grumpy:

Which lead me to follow in @rebelrocks footsteps and think F-it, attempt some Blufans DIY :p:LOL: And the result is fascinating! :OMG: Why Blufans decided to cover up these wonderful, bright, super glossy images with those sub-par Lenti's I do not know... :cautious:

Anyhow, here is the result. Took all of around 20 mins start to finish. Both Lenticular sheets removed, residue cleaned off and I also managed to gently press out the creased spine. Result = Beautiful, clean, full glossy Coco FullSlip :thanks:

View attachment 392185

Wow! How? Need to do this to all my lentis, lol :D

• Thanks
Reactions: ty233 and yy0925

View attachment 392185

If you can share how to do this, that would be great. I'd love to do this to mine!

Thread turned nutso all of a sudden today w/ people ripping of lentis when the whole point of lentis is to get a 3D or other fascinating effect and is the only good reason to buy them.
Not a fan myself of these retro stick-ons as they are a very 1970s fad and certainly no better than those were in the flesh.

If you want a non-lenti slip then simply buy the full slip which will undoubtedly be much better than what's under the lenti and might have 'bossing and an interesting range of finishes.

Anyway, not my biz what people do w/ their purchases but my comment stands nonetheless.

So, no heat gun or chemicals? Just rip it off and hope for the best?
Not quite lol. I was joking somewhat when I just said "tear those suckers off" :LOL: A little patience is indeed required.
If you can share how to do this, that would be great. I'd love to do this to mine!
Ok, @rebelrocks experience may differ slightly to mine (so feel free to step in and offer advice where possible :thanks:), but with the DL I had, a couple of the corners of the Lenti were already slightly "loose" and there was my clear starting point. I carefully began to peel away and completely remove the Lenti sheet. Once you've got it going, the Lenti peels away pretty easily and I was left just with the adhesive backing more or less all over the slip (this is where you could start to worry lol, but fear not).

I then proceeded to gently remove the white left over backing. The back side of my DL was more difficult and peeled off in several attempts/strips. The front however came off in just a couple of takes and dare I say, was "easy" to remove. You'll be left with some residue once everything is taken off and just slip exposed. Use the sticky white adhesive backing you've just removed to "dab" the left over residue and they'll slowly but surely disappear.

It sounds worse than it actually is and as I said, took me all of around 20 mins start to finish. No damage whatsoever to either the slip or Lenti sheets. The Lenti's will be left with a rough, non-sticky backing and I just put those in a poly for the time being.

Hey presto :D

Thread turned nutso all of a sudden today w/ people ripping of lentis when the whole point of lentis is to get a 3D or other fascinating effect and is the only good reason to buy them.
Not a fan myself of these retro stick-ons as they are a very 1970s fad and certainly no better than those were in the flesh.

If you want a non-lenti slip then simply buy the full slip which will undoubtedly be much better than what's under the lenti and might have 'bossing and an interesting range of finishes.

Anyway, not my biz what people do w/ their purchases but my comment stands nonetheless.
I'm a massive Lenti fan (and especially that of a Blufans Lenti). I wouldn't usually go to such extreme measures, but this DL was a complete let-down going by Blufans typical standards and thus, an almighty and quite rare exception.

I used my replacement empty slip as an experiment which again, turned up in a worse state than my original. After seeing the successful results from another Ninja, I had to try and had nothing to lose.

Fyi, I bought the One Click so have the "normal" FullSlip as well. That too is unfortunately not great. Skinnier than usual FullSlips and the finish is not wow-factor.

The end result of removing the Lenti's in this instance are infinitely better. Do my comparison pics not prove that?

Hi @Mickle_89. You basically hit the nail on the head with your interpretation of customising the DL. I tried out the Blufans Iron Man Lenti a couple of days ago as my original one got totally crushed as the replacement was perfect from Kevin's recent various GBs. The result was complete opposite of Coco, the Lenti came off no problems but the adhesive backing was a nightmare to get off the Fullslip. Must be to do with it being an older release and the glue completely bonded to it. Got it off in the end but I decided to cut the Fullslip and Lenti and gave them to my son and daughter. As expected they both want the Lenticular :rolleyes:

Hi @Mickle_89. You basically hit the nail on the head with your interpretation of customising the DL. I tried out the Blufans Iron Man Lenti a couple of days ago as my original one got totally crushed as the replacement was perfect from Kevin's recent various GBs. The result was complete opposite of Coco, the Lenti came off no problems but the adhesive backing was a nightmare to get off the Fullslip. Must be to do with it being an older release and the glue completely bonded to it. Got it off in the end but I decided to cut the Fullslip and Lenti and gave them to my son and daughter. As expected they both want the Lenticular :rolleyes:
I certainly wouldn't advocate going through your Blufans collection and starting the same procedure :wow: Asking for disaster to strike lol.
Done and Done! It was so easy to do! I didn't even have much residue to get rid of, just some tiny bits in the corners. I started from the right corner and the white backing came off in strips from right to left. I can't believe how vibrant (and glossy!) this is now! So happy. Thanks @Mickle_89 for your input!

2gvo9ox.jpg

2ilg377.jpg
Limited edition FullSlip #3 :LOL::cigar: Congrats buddy :thanks:

I'm a massive Lenti fan (and especially that of a Blufans Lenti). I wouldn't usually go to such extreme measures, but this DL was a complete let-down going by Blufans typical standards and thus, an almighty and quite rare exception.

I used my replacement empty slip as an experiment which again, turned up in a worse state than my original. After seeing the successful results from another Ninja, I had to try and had nothing to lose.

Fyi, I bought the One Click so have the "normal" FullSlip as well. That too is unfortunately not great. Skinnier than usual FullSlips and the finish is not wow-factor.

The end result of removing the Lenti's in this instance are infinitely better. Do my comparison pics not prove that?
Yes, it looks good although not 'original' and will devalue the product for the purist collectors as will any other alteration to the original product. Re-sale may be not on your mind in the foreseeable future but it's a dangerous precedent for others who are at this moment literally defacing their purchases and who may one day be obliged to let some of these 'altered' products go to market.
Just taking an example more in my line of interest: an antique silver (George III) christening mug in original plain un-engraved condition vs. the same mug got at by the Victorians with masses of engraving and other work appealing more to the buyers of that era … the Georgian/Victorian worked mug will be worth up to 50% less than the original despite the fact that they may've been made in the same year and were identical products originally.

Yes, it looks good although not 'original' and will devalue the product for the purist collectors as will any other alteration to the original product. Re-sale may be not on your mind in the foreseeable future but it's a dangerous precedent for others who are at this moment literally defacing their purchases and who may one day be obliged to let some of these 'altered' products go to market.
Just taking an example more in my line of interest: an antique silver (George III) christening mug in original plain un-engraved condition vs. the same mug got at by the Victorians with masses of engraving and other work appealing more to the buyers of that era … the Georgian/Victorian worked mug will be worth up to 50% less than the original despite the fact that they may've been made in the same year and were identical products originally.
Ah damn.... you tell us now, just as I poured some chocolate milk into my FAC John Wick mug :(

• Haha
Reactions: milky and monanza
I certainly wouldn't advocate going through your Blufans collection and starting the same procedure :wow: Asking for disaster to strike lol
No way never do that LOL. My only reason for doing this in the first place was that I had a spare that wasnt perfect but still in good condition. As you know it actually improves the slip but I still have a Double Lenti untouched and have no intention of customising that or any others

• Thanks
Reactions: monanza