Apr 14, 2012
Earth
Release date: April 23, 2020
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €88.99
Note: Includes CD as well

71t2VLCHzvL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No, i didn't, and nobody else did. it is a bit of a tricky question to ask considering his two next Lovecraft movies for spectrevision have been cancelled due to the domestic violence complaint.
I doubt i has other plans at least not yet.. and will probably have hard time getting new projects, the trial in France ended up with him being considered no guilty. but the harm is done.

Last weekend in Belgium at offscreen festival for the screeing of hardware
Wow, a screening of Hardware, one of a few films I'd want to watch in theaters, AND you met Richard Stanley!

I doubt i has other plans at least not yet.. and will probably have hard time getting new projects, the trial in France ended up with him being considered no guilty. but the harm is done.

Sick of this dumb cancel society, where has 'innocent until proven guilty' went, people are not UHD discs to be considered bad until proven 'okay', you know. :naughty:

Reactions: Space Cadet
Wow, a screening of Hardware, one of a few films I'd want to watch in theaters, AND you met Richard Stanley!
Hardware is really cool indeed, so is Richard Stanley. A very down to earth (well he is actually very much into the occult) and accessible person.
I already met him a few years ago for the screening of "lost souls" the documentary about the shooting of the Island of Doctor Moreau. I highly recommend this one. reminded me of the Jodorowsky Dune, perhaps because it is also about a nightmare of a project....
last time i watched hardware it was very long time ago I did not remember the the desert being so orange in the movie... and all the blade runner references, dark skies, asian population, even de dragon neon...
I asked him if he tought that the Vegas scene from 2049 also being that Orange was Villeneuve doing an hommage to hardware...He said he likes to think so ! ;)

Sick of this dumb cancel society, where has 'innocent until proven guilty' went, people are not UHD discs to be considered bad until proven 'okay', you know. :naughty:
yeah exactly, for sure considering he was not even found guilty. He had a contract for 2 more movies, and we will never see them. Color out of space was not perfect, but was a cool take on Lovecraft stories, (like Dagon) i would have loved to see what he would have done with the others... You know that the cancel culture effect is so bad, that they didnt even dare to announce he was a guest at the festival... They were afraid of bad publicity.
I knew about it cause i know somebody who work there. otherwise imagine my disappointment, going there, realize he is there and not having anything with me to get signed....
Very sad times... and will probably only getting worse.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Lenny Nero
another "cancelled" director i have met.
paid his debts behind the bars. Will probably never work anymore.

Attachments

• 20220901_234123.jpg
    20220901_234123.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 34