COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is bad, here in the US the number of outbreaks is pretty much doubling each day and we have reports that in either 5 or 7 more states have been reported of having infections now. This is far from over. It's bad news for older generations, well... I'll be 51 next month and my immune system isn't what it used to be. With a plethora of medical issues I stand a good chance of catching this if it comes my way and fighting it off not so good. I am very scared at this point. :ohno: :dead:

Calm down. Really. Just keep up your normal you hygiene. Do not attend huge mass events.

Load your blu-ray player with good movies and enjoy.

Calm down !

:thumbs:

Reactions: ash333
Calm down. Really. Just keep up your normal you hygiene. Do not attend huge mass events.

Load your blu-ray player with good movies and enjoy.

Calm down !

:thumbs:
If you think that is reassuring, it's not. I can't just isolate myself completely, if I have to run to the grocery store or pop on over to Walmart for something I could potentially risk catching it. So yeah...I'm worried.

This is bad, here in the US the number of outbreaks is pretty much doubling each day and we have reports that in either 5 or 7 more states have been reported of having infections now. This is far from over. It's bad news for older generations, well... I'll be 51 next month and my immune system isn't what it used to be. With a plethora of medical issues I stand a good chance of catching this if it comes my way and fighting it off not so good. I am very scared at this point. :ohno: :dead:

"Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity, and so we ask ourselves: Will our actions echo across the centuries?

Well I'm not a happy camper either 1'm 58 soon and I don't want a visit from O'Kane's Funeral Parlour either......

@Savage Clown All is go....! ...me ? Con...t. US Bir... #Viru..Zom..Alert Alert. WashEvac..

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: hatredhorror
This will not soon be over - it will come and go. For the winter time the virus is grassing and after it there will be less diseases until next winter like it is with the flu. <the difference is that it is a static disease with the same virus all the time, while the flu virus changes every year. There will be a vaccine in approximately 1-2 years, like it was with SARS.

Reactions: ash333
Yeah but how many lives will it claim before then?
You should be more concerned of the government oft the states than the virus, because they haven`t done anything yet. It seems to be a catastrophe, because the people trump involved in the team, that is instructed to initiate countermeasures never had anything to do with the thematics and the other ones aren`t asked or it`s forbidden for them to react, but may be it just takes some time until another handling of the situation comes to discussion.
In some TV-show a reporter asked if you can get the virus, when you take chinese food to you - how awkward is that?

Last edited:
It seems it won`t hit the states that hard, but they have another health care system, where people probably have to pay large amounts of money after they got quarantined - and so many of them don`t do it. Maybe they should change that for the time of the crisis. But the USA almost have the same amount of cases like germany but is much, much bigger - so no panic.

Last edited:
well just saw this thread and thought what, so came in here thinking lets have a read of this thread.
am amazed at the hysteria from komor and savage clown.
guys its a cold and flu that has come from animal chain yes. a little bit disturbing yes, will we all survive yes
but genuinely think you need to calm down. something that might freak you out the normal common cold and flu are about 200 varieties and not vaccines for them all. do we get colds and flu and survive yes.
basically with world of planes and people not all washing there hands enough it will spread.
but we will be ok we are not all going to die. i would suggest you put a bit of a reality check in order.
just clean you hands to happy birthday more, and avoid public spaces more especially enclosed ones and chances are you'll all be ok.
i have cousin and his family live in singapore, they just work from home at the moment and kids still goto school, but he is calm about the situation. i would suggest the pair of you take up bit more on that advice.
this thread imho is not a calm disccussion its about trying to wind everyone up on how we all going to die.
what ever happened to basic common sense?

Reactions: hatredhorror
well just saw this thread and thought what, so came in here thinking lets have a read of this thread.
guys its a cold and flu that has come from animal chain yes. a little bit disturbing yes, will we all survive yes
but genuinely think you need to calm down. something that might freak you out the normal common cold and flu are about 200 varieties and not vaccines for them all. do we get colds and flu and survive yes.
basically with world of planes and people not all washing there hands enough it will spread.
but we will be ok we are not all going to die. i would suggest you put a bit of a reality check in order.
just clean you hands to happy birthday more, and avoid public spaces more especially enclosed ones and chances are you'll all be ok.
i have cousin and his family live in singapore, they just work from home at the moment and kids still goto school, but he is calm about the situation. i would suggest the pair of you take up bit more on that advice.
this thread imho is not a calm disccussion its about trying to wind everyone up on how we all going to die.
whats that??? some new kind of disease?

• Haha
Reactions: Basil
It's not hysteria, it's basic preparedness.
but genuinely think you need to calm down.
I am calm, I'm just very concerned and I think all of you with this nonchalant attitude need to wake up and see what's on the horizon.
That is not my intentions at all, I'm a little scared to be perfectly honest I have every right to be.
My common sense is perfectly in check, maybe you should take heed, do the same and be in the know of world events.

I'm appalled at your nonchalant attitude toward this whole matter.

It is just the information that was given from different reliable sources about the Covid-19 virus that I share in this thread and that`s all. And if you don`t have any information, that can be helpful just don`t write something, because your blaming that everything I write is making panic isn`t helpful. I`m sure it`s not . And by the way in the news send, that half Italian is now under quarantine. That is a fact - no making of panic. Your "basic common sense" isn`t changing anything about that, but I also know that this is a forum for sharing information and to dicuss about movies and collectors editions and that is what I do most of my time here . In this thread I post additionally, because I think it is interesting and might be interesting for others. Now you come and say calm down and want to give me a muzzle. That`s not ok.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
right lets clear up some of you facts.
my cousin lives in singapore most are working from home, kids are still going to schools.
life is carrying on but basic precautions are being taken. cleaning hands is key.

italy is northern italy top third to be exact is under lockdown. my parent company is in italy and that is direct information from then as in the news, its not half of italy as komor has said. that is just not the case.

i get you both may be sacred or worried but spreading miss information is not of any help either.
or adding to the conversation either. if you are really worried the advice is out there.
i suggest you both follow it. i'm not ignoring just treating with respect. i think you worrying comments and mis information simply stirs up more worry. but i would highly suggest you dont just quote what you think you heard its not helpful.
if your facts where good i could understand but your way off the mark.
im surprised @Wreck is allowing this to be honest, all i see is a stirring up and worry on mis information.
and thats helpful to no one.
and i have various contacts and family around the world and you information is quite a way off, or helpful really.

basil :thumbs:

my cousin lives in singapore most are working from home, kids are still going to schools.
life is carrying on but basic precautions are being taken. cleaning hands is key.

italy is northern italy top third to be exact is under lockdown. my parent company is in italy and that is direct information from then as in the news, its not half of italy as komor has said. that is just not the case.

i get you both may be sacred or worried but spreading miss information is not of any help either.
or adding to the conversation either. if you are really worried the advice is out there.
i suggest you both follow it. i'm not ignoring just treating with respect. i think you worrying comments and mis information simply stirs up more worry. but i would highly suggest you dont just quote what you think you heard its not helpful.
im surprised @Wreck is allowing this to be honest, all i see is a stirring up and worry on mis information.
and i have various contacts and family around the world and you information is quite a way off, or helpful really.

Your so full of BS Basil, yes the facts are out there and I've brought them in here. If you want to be ignorant to the whole thing that's on you, have a little dignity and respect for others instead of coming in here and spreading negative accusations all around. I have friends in other varying countries as well and the information that they have provided is pretty spot on to what I've found on WHO and other various sites. So don't come in here and start spreading misinformation yourself. If you want to know the facts then I suggest you go get some for yourself. And just for your information Wreck is already aware of this thread as he's posted in here already.

I'll continue to update as needed.

UPDATE:

Updated March 8, 2020, 3:44 PM CDT via NBC News
Italy's government has placed more than 16 million people — a quarter of the population — under lockdown, in a drastic bid to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

The Lombardy region, including the city of Milan has been quarantined, as have other cities including Venice, Parma and Modena.

Meanwhile in the U.S., the first case has been confirmed in the capital Washington D.C. and hundreds of other cases have been reported around the country.

via World Health Organization situation report:

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
08 March 2020

Attachments

• 20200308-sitrep-48-covid-19.pdf
    836.8 KB · Views: 230

its no use i guess.. they will believe what they want to believe anyways..

yes, its spreading fast-ish i guess... btw. there are probably hundreds and hundreds of thousands infections going completely unnoticed as the symtomps in 99% of all cases are either so mild no one would even consider themselves ill or similar to a cold/flu... if you really want to get sure you dont get infected you probably shouldnt leave your house for the next two months.. but that would be a massive overkill imo

if youre so scared of corona, you should be scared of the flu to the same extent or even more

Reactions: Basil
Some folks in here consider me rude yet I've provided information pertinent to what the latest information as of the WHO or news coverage where in turn they get the info from the WHO is concerning the Coronavirus Outbreak, if some folks want to disregard that information then that's on them. Please don't come in here and spread false logic. If you think I'm being rude well read it for yourself and be in the know. World Health Organization. Nevertheless I've reported ya'll to @Wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.