Craft Beer - Post Your Pics!

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
I can't believe there isn't a thread in here strictly for Beer. Well now there is.

So I'm going to Phoenix and this store is about 3 miles from the house I am renting. I need some recommendations of beer they sell. I'm looking for Hoppy beers please. I've had a few of them they sell but not allot. HELP ME OUT!

Thanks

BoB

Steelbookonly has the right idea. I'm more of a fan of a Black and Tan with Smithwicks.

White Rat, if you are looking for something really good and really dark, look for Goose Island's Bourbon County Brand Stout (BCBS), Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), and see what your local store or craft brewery has. When it comes to stores, I tend to avoid chains like Walmart. I really like local stores that don't focus completely on the big brands. I'm a fan of the small to medium sized brands like Schlafly, Mother's Brewing, and Urban Chestnut. Another idea is to check out BeerAdvocate or RateBeer. Both have good descriptions and ratings of beer, and a lot of people that like to trade. A few of us on here trade as well.

Wreck, you can go to just about any bar and have the bartender make a black and tan out of whatever you wanted. I would avoid using any of Horhay's Black Tuesday.

look what i got me!

Attachments

• IMG_1951.jpg
    IMG_1951.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 65
It looks like The Bruery has a shipment of Chocosaurus Rye in stock today, I am going to swing by today see if it is still available. I guess I will call before I head out. Crossing my fingers!

It's been a fun couple of days for beer trading! Yesterday I traded a KBS for a Oskar Blues Deviant Dales. Today, I'll be trading some 4D and a Perennial Artisan Ales Abraxas for a couple from Shorts, a couple from DFH, and a Central Waters!

Small score today. There was another one or two of the tart of darkness at the store but for $20 a pop I stuck with one.

Blerg!! Phone uploaded sideways... Fail :-(

Attachments

• 20120725_175716.jpg
    20120725_175716.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 66
I wondered how much it cost over in the states, I can get it by privat import from the monopoly store just curious how much it differs from ?