Craft Beer - Post Your Pics!

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
I can't believe there isn't a thread in here strictly for Beer. Well now there is.

So I'm going to Phoenix and this store is about 3 miles from the house I am renting. I need some recommendations of beer they sell. I'm looking for Hoppy beers please. I've had a few of them they sell but not allot. HELP ME OUT!

Thanks

BoB

you heading to new york anytime soon

translation from a swedish blog
"Tomorrow is Omnipollo TØRST sneak preview!

Posted on 19 February 2013th

You may have seen the Evil Twin Jeppe will open up a new beer bar in Brooklyn? Now about a week or thirst strikes the doors and to celebrate that one should so have Jeppe asked a crazy line-up with the brewers to make a beer to the inauguration (Cantillon run Blueberries in barrels, for example ...). Omnipollo was among the less to be asked, and you feel small in the context it is easy to drive on with a real Penis Extensions says Henok Fentie.

By and large, they chose to take the recipe to Sweden Favourite Nebuchadnezzar and screw it up. Alcoholic strength 10% instead of 8.5% and of course twice the amount of hops, which also were replaced - from Simcoe and Columbus to Amarillo and Citra. The beer humlade at mashing, leaching, boiling and then in the fermenter. What name was better for such a beer than Thirst, in other words, the bar's name but with a cocky Swedish 'island'.

By 1500 liters of wort was the 390 liters of beer, ie 13 barrels of beer, 12 of which goes to the bar and New York, while an exclusive small barrels now will tomorrow be connected at Bishops Arms Folkungagatan in Stockholm at. 21.00. For all non-Stockholmers or those who are unable to visit the Bishop's Arms on Wednesday it will be unfortunately a trip to Brooklyn that may be recommended."

link to us article about it

http://www.timeout.com/newyork/food-drink/preview-torst-bar-set-to-open-in-new-york-city

Reactions: Off_contstantly
got a nice box of beer this weekend from our friend Off. just had a big x-country ski race too, so i definitely needed something to rehydrate with :hilarious:

so much goodness in this box! tons of great variety, really looking forward to the wild from perennial, their stuff always surprises me and is underrated. my wife has her eyes on the box of choclate, i wonder why, haha. oh yah, and the BA Abraxas! thanks Off :)

oh yah, i had to get the keurig in there too ;)

20130224_183400_zps139cf607.jpg

woohoo time to empty the bank account a bit, release day at systembolaget and this is what I got home with me, might have to make more trips next weekt

4x Oscar Blues Ten Fidy
2x Oscar Blues Deviant Dale's India Pale Ale
1x Stone Vertical Epic 12.12.12
2x Omnipollo/To Øl Brewmance
1x Brewdog Abstrakt 12 Storbritannien
3x North Coast Barrel Aged Old Rasputin XV Russian Imperial Stout
1x Stronzo Fruit Cake
1x Cuvée De Ranke
2x La Trappe Quadrupel Oak Aged Batch 12
2x Bötet Barley Wine 2010
1x Brekeriet Brillant
4x Brekeriet Cassis

got a nice box of beer this weekend from our friend Off. just had a big x-country ski race too, so i definitely needed something to rehydrate with :hilarious:

so much goodness in this box! tons of great variety, really looking forward to the wild from perennial, their stuff always surprises me and is underrated. my wife has her eyes on the box of choclate, i wonder why, haha. oh yah, and the BA Abraxas! thanks Off :)

oh yah, i had to get the keurig in there too ;)

:hilarious: I'm working on getting you a Schlafly BA Quad for the next trade.

woohoo time to empty the bank account a bit, release day at systembolaget and this is what I got home with me, might have to make more trips next weekt

4x Oscar Blues Ten Fidy
1x Stronzo Fruit Cake
1x Cuvée De Ranke
1x Brekeriet Brillant
4x Brekeriet Cassis

Nice haul. I've had both of the Oscar Blues, and really like them both.

4x Oscar Blues Ten Fidy
1x Stronzo Fruit Cake
1x Cuvée De Ranke
1x Brekeriet Brillant
4x Brekeriet Cassis

yup, second the notion about oscar blues. dale's IPA is one of the best canned IPAs i can get regular access to. love that stuff.

:hilarious: I'm working on getting you a Schlafly BA Quad for the next trade.

that would be awesome. yah we should trade before i move away for residency in may. last time i can supply you with NG beers, ha!

but hopefully ill be able to supply you with cigar city/hill farmstead after the move! :fingerscrossed:

yup, second the notion about oscar blues. dale's IPA is one of the best canned IPAs i can get regular access to. love that stuff.

that would be awesome. yah we should trade before i move away for residency in may. last time i can supply you with NG beers, ha!

but hopefully ill be able to supply you with cigar city/hill farmstead after the move! :fingerscrossed:

I will eagerly await a box full of HF goodies :D

forgot to put in Oskar Blues Dales Pale Ale which I also got, gone check what´s left on the shelves and what gets restocked on monday and maybe make a another shopping spree on wensday

Last edited:

Wow, really? I guess I'll have to start trying to make my own Belgian Red. :hilarious: Awesome news on the CC/HF. I've had a few CC, but no HF. Good luck with the residency location.

IMAG0643_zps72f3642f.jpg

Here is my one trade I have done in a few months. I still have some HOTD and Cascade Bottleworks XIV coming but this is the first half of the trade. I am really excited for the Big Sky Bottleworks XI and the Fish Tale BA Poseidon. The Barrel aged 4 calling birds was something I was not expecting either!! The Poseidon is from 2001 and was aged in Cab Barrels. I hear it still drinks great!

IMAG0636_zps6394f7f0.jpg

Also picked up some Kuhnhenn Raspberry and Blueberry Eisbock. So freakin delicious but so expensive. I ended up with 5 bottles of Raspberry and 2 of Blueberry. Kind of wish I had a lot more blueberry though.

IMAG0643_zps72f3642f.jpg

Here is my one trade I have done in a few months. I still have some HOTD and Cascade Bottleworks XIV coming but this is the first half of the trade. I am really excited for the Big Sky Bottleworks XI and the Fish Tale BA Poseidon. The Barrel aged 4 calling birds was something I was not expecting either!! The Poseidon is from 2001 and was aged in Cab Barrels. I hear it still drinks great!

IMAG0636_zps6394f7f0.jpg

Also picked up some Kuhnhenn Raspberry and Blueberry Eisbock. So freakin delicious but so expensive. I ended up with 5 bottles of Raspberry and 2 of Blueberry. Kind of wish I had a lot more blueberry though.

How mucdid the blueberry and rasp coast?

20130308_143259_zps616b157f.jpg

trade from the east coast landed today. SUPER excited. trade was for:

750 of HF society and solitude #6
750 of HF harlan
HF fear and trembling
HF/Grassroots Convivial Suarez

extras are on the right (heady topper, and a beer by mammoth ive never heard of)

next friday is "match day", and i find out where i end up for residency. my top 2 choice are in tampa, fl and burlington, vt, and now i have a CCB beer and a HF beer on deck to open in celebration if i get either of those two. if i get neither, ill be a bit sad but life goes on.

20130306_154011_zps1480cc47.jpg

also, new glarus released my FAVORITE beer they make, their IIPA. i love it as much as any IPA/DIPA. i think the only pale ale i liked better was abner, and zombie dust is prolly tied. and the alchemy hour by GL is really good as well.

gonna be a great weekend :)

20130308_143259_zps616b157f.jpg

trade from the east coast landed today. SUPER excited. trade was for:

750 of HF society and solitude #6
750 of HF harlan
HF fear and trembling
HF/Grassroots Convivial Suarez

extras are on the right (heady topper, and a beer by mammoth ive never heard of)

next friday is "match day", and i find out where i end up for residency. my top 2 choice are in tampa, fl and burlington, vt, and now i have a CCB beer and a HF beer on deck to open in celebration if i get either of those two. if i get neither, ill be a bit sad but life goes on.

20130306_154011_zps1480cc47.jpg

also, new glarus released my FAVORITE beer they make, their IIPA. i love it as much as any IPA/DIPA. i think the only pale ale i liked better was abner, and zombie dust is prolly tied. and the alchemy hour by GL is really good as well.

gonna be a great weekend :)

Nice haul! I saw your Untappd check in of the IIPA. I knew you had to be excited. Good luck with match day.