Craft Beer - Post Your Pics!

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
I can't believe there isn't a thread in here strictly for Beer. Well now there is.

So I'm going to Phoenix and this store is about 3 miles from the house I am renting. I need some recommendations of beer they sell. I'm looking for Hoppy beers please. I've had a few of them they sell but not allot. HELP ME OUT!

Thanks

BoB

Check this out for a fun read: http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/perennial-artisan-ales-barrel-aged-abraxas.63532/

I'm a little bummed that I got shut out on this one.

sounds like one dude took more than his fair share too, ha.

im leaving in like 3 hours for the Central Waters 15 anniversary party!! :scat::scat:

4 bottle limit for 15, going with 4 other guys from my tasting group and we are getting there early, so not worried about missing out. technically the party starts tomorrow at 3, but we are driving up tonight and staying in stevens point which is not too far from CW. They do a tap-takeover the night before at one of the craft brew bars in town. gonna be fun.

oh, and here's the tap list:

Here comes the draft list! Pretty impressive!

3 bars this year, the front bar will be flagship and seasonal only, we will have a side bar that is only high end beer, and a bar by the bands with a few flagships.

Front Bar:
Honey Blonde
Shine On
Ouisconsing Red
Happy Heron Pale Ale
Glacial Trail IPA
Mudpuppy Porter
Nitropuppy
Satin Solstice Imperial Stout
Brewhouse Coffee Stout
Slainte Scotch Ale

High End Tappings!
On All night:
Bourbon Barrel Slainte Scotch Ale
Rye Bourbon Stout
Y2K Barleywine 2012
Peruvian Morning (yes all night)
Bourbon Stout
Bourbon Barrel Barleywine 2012
Bourbon Cherry Stout (yes all night)
Exodus! (yes all night)
Timed Releases:
3 PM - 2011 Bourbon Barrel Barleywine
5 PM - 1414
6 PM - 15
7 PM (or when 15 kicks, so probably 6:05!) - 2011 Y2K Barleywine
Then switching between the 2011 Y2K and Bourbon Barrel Barleywine the rest of the night.

EEK!EEK!:scat::scat::scat:

except the BA scotch ale is off, guess they already ran out :( STILL, thats an amazing list, combo that with the big bottle share that will be going on, its gonna be a fun weekend. gonna have to pace myself, haha

Reactions: Wreck
Some of my latest pick ups:

IMG_20121222_125706.jpg

IMG_20130119_224117.jpg

I had this one at The Tasting Room, Gera Yukro. It tastes like an unsweeten cup of coffee with a bit of cream. It's delish.

IMG_20130119_195317.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
just got back from the central waters party. had a ton of fun, there were tons of people there so it got a little sloppy but we got our beer and had some awesome taps and some bottle shares

on friday night we had a decent sized tasting too. i had fou foune 2012 AGAIN :scat:, saint lamvinus, pliney the elder, white chocolate, cascade blueberry 2011, black butte xxiv, and supplication batch 6.

at the event i had CW exodus, odell deconstruction, boulevard bbq, upland blend love, CW rye barrel stout, lost abbey deliverance, CW brewhouse coffee stout, midnight sun berserker, bruery ISO:FT!, CW FIFTEEN, and capped the night off with a kuhnhenn bb4d

i missed out on someone opening the wanderer tho, which is a top want of mine right now! i was in line for 15 when they opened it, oh well.

also, ended up taking all these home!! :D

20130127_114253_zps063cb776.jpg

the one of the far right is an accidental sour O'so made, a brewery really close to central waters. wasn't planning on getting any, but had some at the brewery and it was awesome, so i guess i had to, haha.

all in all, great day, didnt get out of control (one of my buddies had a rough night, haha), drank some awesome beer, and had a ton of fun.

oh, and fifteen is AMAZING. one of the best stouts ive ever had, 26 months in barrels did something spectacular to that beer

Reactions: Off_contstantly
nice haul mate, seem like you´ve had an good time, gz

thanks! was my first official beer release party. pretty crowded but nothing we didnt expect. i know a lot of people are upset since Fifteen ran out early, but we were fortunate and got it before it sold out!

I picked up my Reserve Society membership at The Bruery this weekend and I got a bottle of White Chocolate, Otiose, and Melange 3 as a welcome package. :scat:

I picked up my Reserve Society membership at The Bruery this weekend and I got a bottle of White Chocolate, Otiose, and Melange 3 as a welcome package. :scat:

:drool:

i loooooved melange 3. just so smooth for a big abv beer like that. white chocolate i was a little disappointed with, had that this weekend. very very sweet tho, if thats your thing.

:drool:

i loooooved melange 3. just so smooth for a big abv beer like that. white chocolate i was a little disappointed with, had that this weekend. very very sweet tho, if thats your thing.

White Chocolate was never on sale for the public so I was never able to try it. I got a bottle, I'll open it eventually and try it. Melange 3 is good though, they have it on tab at the Tasting Room, love it.

thanks! was my first official beer release party. pretty crowded but nothing we didnt expect. i know a lot of people are upset since Fifteen ran out early, but we were fortunate and got it before it sold out!

I just saw a guy on my local beer forum complaining that he missed out on the CW 15th release party and the Perennial BA Abraxas party. Sounds like this guy either has punctuality problems or bad luck.

I just saw a guy on my local beer forum complaining that he missed out on the CW 15th release party and the Perennial BA Abraxas party. Sounds like this guy either has punctuality problems or bad luck.

wow bummer. yah i feel bad for those missing out, especially since last year the 1414 lasted the whole day and had no limit. i think everyone was surprised, but at the same time, you could only blame yourself for missing out. it sounds like as long as you were in line 30 minutes before doors opened, you came away with some. it was cold, but not insanely cold, like low 20's, sunny and no wind. definitely could have waited an hour in line outside for this one and been fine.

another trade landed today. biggest in terms of rarity for me. landed a long time top want in the black tuesday :scat:

20130131_103804_zps1a183166.jpg

oh, and the RareR DOS is nice too ;)

im not a fan of black tuesday , but if you need bruery beers in future let me know ...

another trade landed today. biggest in terms of rarity for me. landed a long time top want in the black tuesday :scat:

20130131_103804_zps1a183166.jpg

oh, and the RareR DOS is nice too ;)

I can't see the pic thanks to settings here at work, but congrats in advance. I've given up on searching for the whales, but I'll never turn down a shot at a BCBVS, KH, or Cantilion.

I got an awesome box of wife and me friendly beer from Mobius yesterday. :LOL: I'll get a pic of it all up once I get home, but this man knows his beer, and he also really knows what I like! :scat:

Just a heads up, but I've got a Charleville Box of Chocolate, Mother's Foggy Notion and Single Barrel Foggy Notion, and a Perennial Savant Beersel ready for you. I'm just waiting on a couple of extras, a fresh batch of Schlafly AIPA, and hopefully a Perennial Barrel Aged Abraxas.

Last edited:
Reactions: mobius387
oh I´m poor after todays release at systembolaget
but I landed a case of bourbon county stout(one never knows when we get it next time over here)
also got these
Brewdog Paradox Isle of Arran
Dieu du Ciel Corne du Diable IPA
Omnipollo Nebuchadnezzar
Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest Wet Hop Ale 2012
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale 2012
Gouden Carolus Cuvée van de Keizer Blauw 2012
Gouden Carolus Cuvée van de Keizer Rood 2012
Left Hand Wake Up Dead Imperial Stout
Dieu du Ciel Solstice d'hiver
De Ranke Hop Harvest 2012
Mikkeller Three Floyds Boogoop Grand Marnier
Evil Twin Even More Jesus

and I still missed some so another trip tomorow is needed

oh I´m poor after todays release at systembolaget
but I landed a case of bourbon county stout(one never knows when we get it next time over here)
also got these
Brewdog Paradox Isle of Arran
Dieu du Ciel Corne du Diable IPA
Omnipollo Nebuchadnezzar
Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest Wet Hop Ale 2012
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale 2012
Gouden Carolus Cuvée van de Keizer Blauw 2012
Gouden Carolus Cuvée van de Keizer Rood 2012
Left Hand Wake Up Dead Imperial Stout
Dieu du Ciel Solstice d'hiver
De Ranke Hop Harvest 2012
Mikkeller Three Floyds Boogoop Grand Marnier