Craft Beer - Post Your Pics!

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
I can't believe there isn't a thread in here strictly for Beer. Well now there is.

So I'm going to Phoenix and this store is about 3 miles from the house I am renting. I need some recommendations of beer they sell. I'm looking for Hoppy beers please. I've had a few of them they sell but not allot. HELP ME OUT!

Thanks

BoB

mmm the lists are starting to come out what will be served at CBC 2013(copenhagen beer celebration, it´s still subject to change, props to your boys at KUHNHENN, Adam it says they´r bringing Raspberry Eisbock

link below
CBC 2013 beerlist

mmm the lists are starting to come out what will be served at CBC 2013(copenhagen beer celebration, it´s still subject to change, props to your boys at KUHNHENN, Adam it says they´r bringing Raspberry Eisbock

link below
CBC 2013 beerlist

That's quite the list! You won't go wrong with the Firestone Walker, Founders, or 3 Floyds stuff. I'm kinda jealous that 3 Floyds is bringing Vanilla Bean Dark Lord! That's been on my want list for years!

link below
CBC 2013 beerlist

uhhh, wow. bb4d? rasp eisbock? vanilla DL? rare and rarer dos? thats pretty crazy you can get all that in one event. :drool:

it will divided on 3 sessions, I got the pink ticket wich covers them all for which I payed about $ 230
like I said Tim you should´ve boked a flight accross the pond some months ago

That is a nice list there. Rare and RARER are so damn good. DRIPA, BA4D, and Eisbock are all delicious. Vanilla DL if its anything like it was a few years ago its definitely the best DL varient.

gonne head over to Mikkeller in kopenhagen since got this for first of may

So you´re telling me that you have 20 Chicago brews at Mikkeller Bar Viktoriagade wednesday the 1 of may?

1. Revolution Brewing: Coup d'etat
2. Revolution Brewing: Double Fist
3. Revolution Brewing: Bottom Up Wit
4. Revolution Brewing: Little Crazy
5. Solemn: Kidnapped By Vikings
6. Solemn: E-ville
7. Half Acre: Baume
8. Half Acre: Annica IPA
9: Half Acre: Big Hugs
10. Half Acre: Daisy Cutter
11. Begyle: Crash Landed
12. Begyle: Johnny Quest
13. Begyle: Neighbourly Stout
14. Piece: Camal Toe
15. Haymarket: Degany
16. Haymarket: Indigant
17. Pipeworks: Nisperos de Batata
18. Pipeworks: Chipotle smoked porter
19. Spiteful Brewing: Malevolence Russian Imperial Stout
20. Spiteful Brewing: GFY (Go **** Yourself) Stout

gonne head over to Mikkeller in kopenhagen since got this for first of may

So you´re telling me that you have 20 Chicago brews at Mikkeller Bar Viktoriagade wednesday the 1 of may?

1. Revolution Brewing: Coup d'etat
2. Revolution Brewing: Double Fist
3. Revolution Brewing: Bottom Up Wit
4. Revolution Brewing: Little Crazy
5. Solemn: Kidnapped By Vikings
6. Solemn: E-ville
7. Half Acre: Baume
8. Half Acre: Annica IPA
9: Half Acre: Big Hugs
10. Half Acre: Daisy Cutter
11. Begyle: Crash Landed
12. Begyle: Johnny Quest
13. Begyle: Neighbourly Stout
14. Piece: Camal Toe
15. Haymarket: Degany
16. Haymarket: Indigant
17. Pipeworks: Nisperos de Batata
18. Pipeworks: Chipotle smoked porter
19. Spiteful Brewing: Malevolence Russian Imperial Stout
20. Spiteful Brewing: GFY (Go **** Yourself) Stout

revolution, half acre and pipeworks are solid breweries. too bad pipeworks didnt bring any of their top notch IPA/DIPAs

sad news for uppcoming CBC event I´m attending

cycle brewing cancelled unfortunately the beers from cycle brewing are on a delayed ship. the beers have been deleted from the online list. the headbrewer douglas dozark, will be present at the celebration.

good news, I was at the bottleshop yesterday and they had some cases of Hill Farmstead

Last edited:
Favorite draft beer at the moment is Karl Strauss Amber Lager (a local brew for me).

It is "really good" in the bottle, but superb on draft in a frosty glass!

If anyone is ever in San Diego and want some good BBQ and beer, just go to Phil's BBQ.

Phil's Ribs + Karl Strauss = Winning more than Charlie Sheen.

Another local brewery called BJ's has a good Blonde beer.

From the bottle, Deschutes Brewery makes an excellent Pale Ale called Mirror Pond

sad news for uppcoming CBC event I´m attending

cycle brewing cancelled unfortunately the beers from cycle brewing are on a delayed ship. the beers have been deleted from the online list. the headbrewer douglas dozark, will be present at the celebration.

good news, I was at the bottleshop yesterday and they had some cases of Hill Farmstead

That's crazy that you can get HF over there fairly easily, but they have a very limited distribution here in the US. You are very lucky.

Favorite draft beer at the moment is Karl Strauss Amber Lager (a local brew for me).

It is "really good" in the bottle, but superb on draft in a frosty glass!

If anyone is ever in San Diego and want some good BBQ and beer, just go to Phil's BBQ.

Phil's Ribs + Karl Strauss = Winning more than Charlie Sheen.

Another local brewery called BJ's has a good Blonde beer.

From the bottle, Deschutes Brewery makes an excellent Pale Ale called Mirror Pond

I've heard many good things about Karl Strauss beers. I want to try some sometime.

I'm a big fan of Mirror Pond, but their Red Chair Northwest IPA is really good.

a long over due report from CBC 2013(copenhagen beer celebration)
had some great beer, dark lord vanilla bean, darkness, Hunahpu 3 vintages and some nice from adams neck of the wood, sadly not much time to talk to the breweries since there was loads of other people also wanting their glaces filled
but a weekend

oh and tomorow I will take the train to sweden capital stockholm, for what you may ask well below is a picture with clue and teaser
45234_535491486495404_1194483019_n.png

Attachments

• DSC_0036.JPG
    DSC_0036.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 58
took the train over today to copenhagen to attend an even at Fermentoren in honour of an danish ticker called Papsø who now that he reached 25k ticks and started working at Amager Brygghus stopped ticking several breweries had made special beers just for this event in honour of him

before going to this event we visited Ølbutikken where I picked up Rugbrød from The Bruery since wreck has talked warmly about it

well worth just getting 4 hours sleep and I can guess where Tim will spend many hours after his move south

Attachments

• mikkellercycle&pegs tap takeover.JPG
    mikkellercycle&pegs tap takeover.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 70
been busy with the move, but i cut some time out today to go to CCB's "growler tuesday." its a 1 growler limit special release they do every tuesday.

today's was mango habanero IPA. whats awesome is that a growler fill of these special beers is the same as their regulars, $8. so its an awesome deal.

also picked up a 4 pack of their coffee brown, drinking it right now and its very good!

on the left was my first IP trade here. the capricho was an extra! :D

Attachments

• 20130604_124137.jpg
    20130604_124137.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 70
Nice picks guys, I haven't had much time to post pictures, but I managed to get a few beers recently:

White Chocolate
2011 Black Tuesday
2011 Cuir BA x2
Chocosaurus Rye x2
Trade Winds
Ichigo Highway
2013 Chocolate Rain x2
Otiose
5 Golden Rings
Westvleteren 12