Oxfordshire, UK
Release date: 6th October 2014
Price: £22.99
Order links:
Zavvi
Amazon

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice steelbook but pretty expensive for how old it is. It should have been about £15 tops.

Nice steelbook but pretty expensive for how old it is. It should have been about £15 tops.

They probably think the 3D justifies bumping the price up....looks like it will be available everywhere as it's not exclusive so expect and wait for a price drop, better yet on Amazon, better price, better service, better packaging.

Potential to be had as it does look quite nice, especially if it means more Universal Monster steelbooks in the future but I won't be buying. I have the set - like most whom are even vaguely interested in those films but even as a stand alone release I don't see this as a must have.

Last edited:
I don't like it, they could have gone with the classic movie poster, would have been one to get if they did that, another steelbook to forget about for me.

This is good news and as its not a zavvi exclusive we should see price drops happen
Artwork could be a lot better though

What I hope we see is the rest of the universal monsters get steelbook releases
Dracula/Frankenstein/The Mummy/The Invisible Man/The Wolf Man any many more like The Raven/The Black Cat

The artwork options for universal monsters steelbooks could be fantastic if done right

Its a bit of a strange choice from universal monsters catalogue to start with Creature From the Black Lagoon
In my opinion they should have started with Dracula and Frankenstein

Creature From the Black Lagoon
The film is very good though and the 3D is very effective for its time

Would be nice to see an entire Universal Monsters range, but as I have the special coffin edition that was released a few years ago I'll pass.

Think this would have looked nicer with the front art on the back and the original poster on the front.

I'll definitely be picking this one up.

I love the Universal Horror movies and own the coffin box already, but I'll double-dip for a collection of nice looking steelbooks.

I'd imagine that all the ones from the set will get a release but the UK has been pretty poor when it comes to a lot of the sequels (most didn't get a DVD release) and some were released by other companies rather than Universal themselves.

I'm tempted by the forthcoming US DVD set too as it's a lot more complete and compact than what I own now.

I'll definitely be picking this one up.

I love the Universal Horror movies and own the coffin box already, but I'll double-dip for a collection of nice looking steelbooks.

I'd imagine that all the ones from the set will get a release but the UK has been pretty poor when it comes to a lot of the sequels (most didn't get a DVD release) and some were released by other companies rather than Universal themselves.

I'm tempted by the forthcoming US DVD set too as it's a lot more complete and compact than what I own now.

The sequels were already on released on DVD in USA the Legacy collection
Released by universal
Each Monster DVD set had all of the sequels and great extras
There very expensive to get now as their OOP
I got them all

There is a new collection as you have mentioned coming out on DVD in USA
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection on DVD released on September 2, 2014
This set though is not as good as the individual monsters DVD Legacy collection sets

Last edited:
I know I shouldn't have done the group buy but I didn't want to miss it as I didn't think it would get released over here but lesson learnt won't be doing that again going to wait now.