Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: June 12, 2017
Purchase links: Standard - FAC Edition #1 - FAC Edition #2
Price: TBA
Group buy: hosted by Karel Hardbox - E1 - E2

CREDD_E1.JPG CREDD_E2.JPG CREED_HB.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
they should really include the shipping price when you do a GB. it's kinda misleading saying you pay 1026 CZK when you actually end up paying closer to 1500 CZK
because your dont pay for shipping everytime, you combine shipping most times.

So @carllenc or @Collector03601 is there a eta on when this gb has to close as like most since it popped up really unexpectedly and needing payment upfront I can't join right now but since I do have 99% of facs I'd like to know about how long I have tell the gb closes. I know if the quality hits zero it could close because of that as well I'm more concerned when it has to close to sumit the order to film arena. Unfortunately this new system will prob limit me in what I get from film arena from now on. Which for me being an avid fac suporter sucks. I do thankyou very much and appreciate all your hard work with the gbs to date.

The GB will probably close when the quantities reaches zero. It could also close before the release date, maybe two weeks before the release date.

I find it a little strange that so many complain about the upfront payment. When you buy directly from FA you have to pay them when the order is placed, now the GB is the same, so I don`t really understand the problem. Sure it is not very nice if payment is taken month before a release, but the waiting times have come done a little with FA in the past, the risk items are still the Hardboxes.

Also Paypal Fees are different from country to country. In Germany they can be between 1,9% up to 5,2%.

I think the main problem is that FA is increasing the prices without improving the items or adding anything meaningfull.

The GB will probably close when the quantities reaches zero. It could also close before the release date, maybe two weeks before the release date.

Well it's hard to really say as I believe Martin mentioned that the gb could close before the quantity goes to zero as they have to have the amount they request done. Before free sale at film arena as film arena has to see how many copies they will have for that. So maybe Carl is now just getting x amount of releases but I know before in the quantity aspect of each gb was xx amount of copies and gbs normally needed in a week or 2 at the latest form opening. So since this hasn't been answered by Carl then we don't know how long it actually might stay up. Hence some people who haven't missed out on an fac edtion to date might now miss out on them because of his new system of full payment up front. And yes film arena requires payment up from for there preorder ofncollectable numbers but they also mentioned they can't change that due to there banking system and store front. Since Carl and even this gb system is not run by a bank it could be easily changed to accommodate the payment needing to be right away. To a non refundable deposit of a certain amount.

I find it a little strange that so many complain about the upfront payment. When you buy directly from FA you have to pay them when the order is placed, now the GB is the same, so I don`t really understand the problem. Sure it is not very nice if payment is taken month before a release, but the waiting times have come done a little with FA in the past, the risk items are still the Hardboxes.

Also Paypal Fees are different from country to country. In Germany they can be between 1,9% up to 5,2%.

I think the main problem is that FA is increasing the prices without improving the items or adding anything meaningfull.

I do see your point with FA asking for upfront payment, but there is some people on here that don't buy direct from FA and buy only from Karel, so that is why people are complaining. I for one like the new system but also liked the old system where you had more time to pay and to get the funds ready for invoice 2 weeks before release.

Just going to copy and past the reply I made in the Group Buy system thread -

Remember this is a new system and all GB hosts are trying to make the most amicable way possible. I don't know how Karel and Martin want to work theirs, but for me with Kimchi GBs they will always be payment up front due to the quick turnaround. Blufans however is a little different where when we have a big release such as Finding Dory, I have held back a number of One Clicks and Double Lentis where I will add a further 10 of each next week and a further 10 of each the week after. This obviously the GB will be open for at least another 2-3 weeks giving people who want them ample chance to buy what they want. With a smaller qty release, maybe like Dr Strange, that I am going to try the non-refundable deposit route and see how it goes.

The system is designed to get rid of the time wasters and non-payers. Karel is left with huge amount of £££ worth of non-paying stock which he then has to try and sell on to recoup the costs, which he has had to pay out of his own pocket. As has already been explained in the Creed thread the reason why the GBs go up so early is that Karel can ensure that the GB numbers are put to FAC before general pre-order ensuring the HDN copies are secured. The fact that payment is now needed up front ensures that people can no longer pull out and they are all paid for. Makes perfect sense. Plus, the FAC GBs should be open for a couple of weeks at the latest and there should also be plenty of notice before the GB is going to be closed again giving everyone ample chance to buy what they want.

@carllenc @Collector03601

How do you check what gb orders you have made can not find out how
When you are in the forum, look at the top navigation bar, click on "GROUP BUYS":

HDN navigate to GROUP BUYS.jpg

When you are in the GROUP BUYS section, click on Your Purchases:

HDN Navigate to Your Purchases.jpg

You can also navigate directly to Your Purchases from the drop down listbox that is shown when you hover on GROUP BUYS in the navigation bar.

So @carllenc or @Collector03601 is there a eta on when this gb has to close...

Based on Martin's earlier post (quoted below), the GBs will close much earlier than the release date (2017-06-12), as per FilmArena's product pages, the general purchase period starts in six days - 2017-04-14 10:00 CET.

The purchase period for fixed collectible numbers starts in two days - 2017-04-10 10:00 CET - but I do believe that the GB closing time is tied in with the general purchase period start.
One of the conditions to secure copies for HDN group buy is securing them before pre-orders on FilmArena starts, hence the group buy has to be opened early.

Just going to copy and past the reply I made in the Group Buy system thread -

Remember this is a new system and all GB hosts are trying to make the most amicable way possible. I don't know how Karel and Martin want to work theirs, but for me with Kimchi GBs they will always be payment up front due to the quick turnaround. Blufans however is a little different where when we have a big release such as Finding Dory, I have held back a number of One Clicks and Double Lentis where I will add a further 10 of each next week and a further 10 of each the week after. This obviously the GB will be open for at least another 2-3 weeks giving people who want them ample chance to buy what they want. With a smaller qty release, maybe like Dr Strange, that I am going to try the non-refundable deposit route and see how it goes.

The system is designed to get rid of the time wasters and non-payers. Karel is left with huge amount of £££ worth of non-paying stock which he then has to try and sell on to recoup the costs, which he has had to pay out of his own pocket. As has already been explained in the Creed thread the reason why the GBs go up so early is that Karel can ensure that the GB numbers are put to FAC before general pre-order ensuring the HDN copies are secured. The fact that payment is now needed up front ensures that people can no longer pull out and they are all paid for. Makes perfect sense. Plus, the FAC GBs should be open for a couple of weeks at the latest and there should also be plenty of notice before the GB is going to be closed again giving everyone ample chance to buy what they want.

@carllenc @Collector03601
One thing i have noticed is that people have only a week to get fund's together for fa creed group but compared to blufans 2-3 weeks pressure on :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: aj101097
FA GBs have been very tight for some time now. Invoice and payment within 4-5 days max. I personally dont see much of a difference. Sure it comes slightly sooner but its still going to happen very close to when FA are going to put their presale up which is the same as it is now with the GBs.

@carllenc has been stuck with well over $5000 over the last couple months in deadbeat GB members. For all the work he has to do for us to obtain these this is outrageous for him to go in debt and support these deadbeats and has to hunt them down and send multiple reminders. The new system weeds them out.

Everyone just has to pay attention to when FA is going to have the orders on their site and that will give you and indication of when you need the money by instead of the release date. To me it makes no difference of the gap between payment and product release. Everythingblu has 4 months for their first, Blufans, Kimchi and Nova are generally about a month as well. Manta is a month or more. Everyone has a gap and its not anything new, its expected for any premium release.

Based on Martin's earlier post (quoted below), the GBs will close much earlier than the release date (2017-06-12), as per FilmArena's product pages, the general purchase period starts in six days - 2017-04-14 10:00 CET.

The purchase period for fixed collectible numbers starts in two days - 2017-04-10 10:00 CET - but I do believe that the GB closing time is tied in with the general purchase period start.

I believe he gbs used to close before the free sale on fa as they need Carl's gb numbers to know how many they have for free sale.

FA GBs have been very tight for some time now. Invoice and payment within 4-5 days max. I personally dont see much of a difference. Sure it comes slightly sooner but its still going to happen very close to when FA are going to put their presale up which is the same as it is now with the GBs.

@carllenc has been stuck with well over $5000 over the last couple months in deadbeat GB members. For all the work he has to do for us to obtain these this is outrageous for him to go in debt and support these deadbeats and has to hunt them down and send multiple reminders. The new system weeds them out.

Everyone just has to pay attention to when FA is going to have the orders on their site and that will give you and indication of when you need the money by instead of the release date. To me it makes no difference of the gap between payment and product release. Everythingblu has 4 months for their first, Blufans, Kimchi and Nova are generally about a month as well. Manta is a month or more. Everyone has a gap and its not anything new, its expected for any premium release.
you are right about when the invoice comes and the deadline to pay for invoice that's no the issue I haven't received an invoice 4-5 das from signing up to one of the fac gbs. Normally they are on average a month later. Example Jurassic park gbs went live over a Month ago and payment was due like a week ago. So no it's not 4-5 days

I was used to signing up for a group buy and then setting aside some funds a little at a time so that when the invoice came, it wasnt that much of a blow to my account. I could see asking for a deposit to establish your commitment.

• Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan
I was used to signing up for a group buy and then setting aside some funds a little at a time so that when the invoice came, it wasnt that much of a blow to my account. I could see asking for a deposit to establish your commitment.

I have mentioned this. As I said most people need weeks notification in the release thread at the very least.Not everyone has endless credit.

• Thanks
Reactions: ty233
Nice. So the new GREED system starts with Creed then lol.

Yes mate. That too. This amounts to crowdfunding - like the everythingblue release. And they had the bloody cheek to say No, it's not crowdfunding;but what else do you call it - on yeah, greed :)

Anyway, they can stick this where the sun don't shine anyway. I might have considered it if they were to do all the Rockys'; but not just one. Quiet apart from that the artwork is seriously uninsipred.

Reactions: lgans316
It was a very hard decision to give up collecting and some of my steels I'm selling have genuinely been tough to say goodbye too. If I hadn't made the decision this would have been the push I needed. There is no way I would be able to afford FACS and keep my collection going. I feel for collectors who can not afford editions they want