Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: May 16, 2016
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Amazon UK
Price: £18.99

11246296-1644365388016889.jpeg

11246296-1364365551442267.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Decide now (or Zavvi will just keep trying to get away with this). Ridiculous pricing (n)
I wouldn't mind spending £20 on a new release(if I really wanted it), my problem in deciding is more to do with the fact I've only got a steelbook for the first movie, if I get this I think it will bug me even more that all the films in between are without SB's... that and I enjoyed the film but not sure it's worth £20.. not sure how I feel about it, but I wanted to get an order in with a discount now and decide later.. one thing I know for sure is I wouldn't pay £23 for it.. when i only pay a few extra quid when i buy an fa release with all the extras:confused:

What code please?
I used the code that's been posted in the steelbook price drop thread on the last page:thumbs:

I used the creed link in this op, put it in my basket, then came back to hdn and clicked the link for the 10% off code, and keyed in the code ZAVWEL54:thumbs:

Reactions: harry
It cost £14.99 from amazon for the plastic amaray, plus around £1.40 for postage if you haven't got prime.. the steelbook is only a couple of extra pounds when buying it with a discount code. Having said that.. after comparing the cost of the amaray it doesn't seem so bad.. although i'd still prefer new releases to be £17-18.99 max:)

Can't stand the artwork and would have preferred something a bit more imaginative for the steelbook - even the Amaray artwork is better balanced but hey-ho.
Too expensive for me anyway.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The one shocking incident that Sly had to cope with whilst involved in this picture was the death of his son, Sage Stallone, from a heart attack and it was thanks to the efforts of the director, Ryan Coogler, in persuading Sly to dedicate the film to his son that the film actually got made.
Sly admitted at the Golden Globes that the film helped him cope with the traumatic event.
Ryan Coogler's persistence was also evident pre-production as Sly did not really want to go there and considered "Rocky Balboa" (2006) the end of the story and is quoted as saying "No, no, no, it was a struggle to get the last one done and I was so happy with Rocky Balboa and the conclusion of the Rocky story and I thought that we don't need to go any further with it and I dismissed the idea".
A number of "Firsts" with "Creed" - First in the "Rocky" series not directed or written by Sylvester Stallone - First with Sly not fighting (he is playing the trainer/mentor to Adonis Creed) - First film in the Rocky series to be distributed by Warner Brothers - First film in the Rocky series not to have Rocky's *name in the main title - First film in the Rocky series with a 2.35:1 aspect ratio.
* Interesting title variations for this film from other territories include:- Argentina/Mexico/Uruguay CREED: HEART OF A CHAMPION; Brazil/Italy CREED: BORN TO FIGHT; Hungary CREED: SON OF APOLLO; The U.S. CREED: YOUR LEGACY IS MORE THAN A NAME; Canada (French bilingual title) CREED: A LEGENDARY NAME, A GLORIOUS HERITAGE and others happily do have Rocky's name under the main title such as in the following territories:- the U.K./Germany/Spain/Finland/France/Greece/Croatia/Portugal/Serbia/Sweden etc. with CREED: THE ROCKY LEGACY.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this does good box office - which it very much looks like doing with $171M worldwide so far on a budget of $35 - then expect a "Creed" trilogy at least . . .;)

Last edited:
I think that's why I need the price to be right, the films good but not wow. As soon as Stallone's done with it so will I be, the rest of the cast I found completely uninteresting, it's all about Rocky still :D

It cost £14.99 from amazon for the plastic amaray, plus around £1.40 for postage if you haven't got prime.. the steelbook is only a couple of extra pounds when buying it with a discount code. Having said that.. after comparing the cost of the amaray it doesn't seem so bad.. although i'd still prefer new releases to be £17-18.99 max:)

Why compare it against Amazon? You can buy the amaray from Zavvi for £14.99 with FREE postage - therefore it's still over £5 dearer for the steelbook even with the code

Why compare it against Amazon? You can buy the amaray from Zavvi for £14.99 with FREE postage - therefore it's still over £5 dearer for the steelbook even with the code
Cos I didn't look at zavvi.. but I'm happy to pay £5 for steelbook packaging:happy: