Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: May 16, 2016
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Amazon UK
Price: £18.99

11246296-1644365388016889.jpeg

11246296-1364365551442267.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Still not seen this And really want to but I'll be following suit with @InAFalsetto @Noodles @paulboland @SteelbookGenius666 & @Norwichlad and wait for a drop.

Noting against HMV (always had love and a soft spot for them regardless of some of their pricing) but I'll be doing this with a lot of titles now like hateful eight, 10 cloverfield lane, Batman vs superman, Grimsby (and I'm a big fan of 10CL & hateful 8) and a few other that have already been released unless I think it will sell out on pre order or before they drop which I think will be rare tbh
Yep, that's the way to go with HMV title's, lost money on Maze Runner SC, Straight Outta Compton, Fantastic Four etc, I lost about £30 on those three titles alone by pre - ordering them, been collecting since the very beginning so I should know better, I know. As for Creed, I don't see this being amazing in hand and it's going to at least end up in a 2 for £25 offer within a month/6weeks.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and virkia
What's happening with the snails at Zavvi are they not working this weekend ? .... this is out tomorrow and no movement on orders !
Cancel in morning and get it from HMV if no action by 8am.

Reactions: Norwichlad
CREED . . What's in a name?
- Baby boy's name now hardly in use meaning BELIEF or GUIDING PRINCIPLE - Anglo-Saxon English, based on the Latin "Credo" and pronounced KREED.
- Found in S. Ireland as the reduced form of CREEDON and elsewhere from the old English name CREODA as well as from the place CREED in Cornwall named after the patron saint *St.Crede (In early times people were known only by a single name but as the population grew and spread further afield it became increasingly necessary to assume an additional name to differentiate between other owners of the name and thus hereditary surnames came about and local surnames derived from where the original bearer lived, was born or held land). In England the surname Creed was first found in Cornwall where the family held a seat in ancient times (or from before the Norman Conquest in the mid 1060's).
- Many spellings of the name include Alan Crede 1273 Suffolk, John Creyde 1327 Somerset, Anthony Creede 1577 London.
- Creeds emigrated from Britain in the 17th - 19th Cent. to Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the U.S. to name but a few territories.
- Not featured in the list of the top 100 baby names since 1910 . . . maybe will feature in the 2017 list thanks to this film and future Creed films.
- Popularity of the name Creed for boys: First year in the top 1,000 = 1884 with the last year in the top 1,000 = 1910 with best rank #713 in 1884 - or 65 babies per million - and featured nine times in 127 years.
- Rare now as a first name but in the top 4% of last names in the year 2000.
- Famous Creeds - Creed Bratton (actor), Creed the rock band and Creed toiletries in the U.S.

*St.Crede or Creda was a 7th Cent female saint from Ireland.

Yes, I know . . . ;)

Anyway, after that brief divert which went down like a lead balloon (LOL) :p, back on track to the steelbook - as ordinary looking as they come but probably the most disappointing thing about it is the lack of 4K content when it is available, and released around the same time, as it is in this case.
IMO Would have been a perfect opportunity to cement the premium edition tag to the steelbook and justify the slightly higher price of a 2-disc edition - 1 x 4K BD + 1 x 2D BD.
A few recent steelbook releases would have benefitted from the inclusion of 4K discs and even though not many of us may have 4K TVs at present, steelbooks with 4K discs would have improved their saleability and futureproofed them.

Recent steelbooks released, or due to be released shortly, without 4K content when it is available include the following:- HITMAN: AGENT 47 (HMV excl.), DEADPOOL (Zavvi excl.), CREED, THE REVENANT (HMV), HANCOCK (Zavvi), CONCUSSION, GRIMSBY (HMV), MAZE RUNNER 2: THE SCORCH TRIALS (HMV), THE LEGO MOVIE HMV), THE 5TH WAVE . . .

Not attaching any blame to the retailers . . . as the decision to omit 4K discs from steelbooks is probably the brainchild of those same plon**** in the studios who omit 3D discs from most steelbooks when that option is available in the hope that we'll double-dip on the same title . . .

Last edited:
Now showing at HMV Online @GBP 18.99 - same price as in-store.

Showing "Sold out" at Zavvi (for whatever reason) and release date changed to Wednesday (!?) the 18th May. EDIT 12PM: Back up for pre-order but still with the "Zavvi Exclusive" tag . . .

At Amazon showing "Currently unavailable next to pic of CREED steelbook so expect to see it available there too.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Creed-Blu-ray-Sylvester-Stallone/dp/B01FJVJ5RI?tag=av0c-21

Unusual if pricing is same - GBP 18.99 - across the board at Zavvi, HMV and Amazon.

Last edited:
Zavvi back as Pre Order with a release date 18th May
Earlier showing Sold Out was because the previous release date was 16th and no stock on the system
They updated the release date and made live again to pre order after this change of release date

Sold Out on Website will happen if the release date arrives and no stock available on their system when the release date on the website is that date
They then update the release date and after this make it available again to pre order

Sometimes it's not updated to pre order again until the next day but other times it's done within a short period after they change the release date

Looks like its about to start shipping or else Zavvi have changed their cancellation policy. Just tried to cancel & order through HMV but I got a cancellation failure from them.

Looks like its about to start shipping or else Zavvi have changed their cancellation policy. Just tried to cancel & order through HMV but I got a cancellation failure from them.
That's possible with a release date as 18th
When they charge your debit card you can't cancel an order
If you used visa debit card it will show up as a pending transaction in your bank account

Sold out in store at HMV cwmbran and 1 copy left in Bristol Cribbs as of 2 hours ago.

Was told that this is a limited number release but I'd take that with a grain of salt, its still available at a few retailers online.

Managed to cancel my Zavvi order about 1-20pm this afternoon and ordered with HMV!!!

Not sure what's happening with Zavvi at the moment....Zavvi exclusive then HMV get copies...makes me think Zavvi weren't selling these!!!

I think Zavvi need to re-evaluate their steelbook pricing policy.....they flooded the market with cheap looking steelbooks of titles not many people were interested in and i think it might be starting to bite them back!!!!!!

why does it say it's not out till June 16th?
It probably was originally meant to be an Zavvi exclusive and this got changed at the last moment for whatever reasons
Sometimes when this happens retailers can have different release dates due to different delivery times

Amazon could change the date again if the distributor gives them a new delivery date

Reactions: Flash