Criterion Price Drop & Sales/last purchased thread @ hidefninja

Last purchases. Really hard to find Criterion for reasonable prices over here in Germany when theres no 50 % off sale :blackeye: So I buy what I can get! I want them all :smuggrin:

crit.png

Thanks @severo for the advice with Zatoichi. So glad I copped it at the sale :drool::drool:

Last purchases. Really hard to find Criterion for reasonable prices over here in Germany when theres no 50 % off sale :blackeye: So I buy what I can get! I want them all :smuggrin:
Thanks @severo for the advice with Zatoichi. So glad I copped it at the sale :drool::drool:

Unbelievable haul, congratulations! How did you get all these Criterions through customs???? German customs is what prevents me from ordering all the Criterions I want (which is most of them....) at these Barnes & Nobles 50% off sales....

Reactions: dan8885
Unbelievable haul, congratulations! How did you get all these Criterions through customs???? German customs is what prevents me from ordering all the Criterions I want (which is most of them....) at these Barnes & Nobles 50% off sales....

I did three orders with B&N in November. The first one I chose the second cheapest shipping and I was forced to pay custom tax.
The second and third order I chose the cheapest shipping and there was no custom tax but it took nearly 8 weeks to arrive.
The cheapest shipping is with boat I think and they come through Netherlands to Germany. Funny is that on the parcel its written big 150 USD
and right next to it was the "custom free" sticker :hilarious:
But even with custom tax: there was 8 Criterion for 150 USD shipped, I was forced to pay 26 EUR customs. That's 165 EUR / 8 = 20,75 EUR each.
So even with custom tax it was a fair price at the end :)

But you need to know that they pack the parcels like idiots. Theres so much space in the box and no protection. They flew around in the box. It's luck to receive them mint.

Reactions: Lutzo
I was waiting on a few christmas gift criterions from the B&N sale to show up. They were posted to me with some other goodies on Dec 14th and they finally arrived yesterday. I had just about given up all hope of getting them, I thought they had vanished. Sooo pleased I got them! :D:happy:

The Night of the Hunter
Mulholland Drive
In the Mood for Love
Antichrist
Secret Sunshine
Insignificance

I got 6 Criterion BDs on the post way, ordered 'Inside Llewyn Davis' yesterday and just watched 'Lady Vanishes' and WOW I've watched most Hitchcocks but this went under my radar. Thanks Criterion, first watch and went straight into my Top 5 fav Hitchcocks movies ever :drool::notworthy::thumbs:

The last one I got was Watership Down over a year ago. A lot of their releases are being done better by other companies so it's rare I purchase any now. A good example is the recent Gilda which is identical to the Italian pressing. And off hand I can't think of any forthcoming ones that are going to make me bite.

The last one I got was Watership Down over a year ago. A lot of their releases are being done better by other companies so it's rare I purchase any now. A good example is the recent Gilda which is identical to the Italian pressing. And off hand I can't think of any forthcoming ones that are going to make me bite.

How many of their releases have been done better by other companies?

"M", "Robinson Crusoe on Mars", "Kiss me Deadly", "Blow Out" "My Darling Valentine" to name a few. I have both versions and the encodes are superior in the non Criterion versions.

Criterion delivers irresistible packages of Artwork and Extras besides top notch quality in image and audio. If theres a company who delivers an even better remaster, congrats, but I would choose a Criterion any day over any other release. I love how they look next to each other on the shelf. And I love to dig in their releases to find movies I've never even heard of. Their history goes deep till the Laserdisc and I'll respect that.

Ordered "Branded to Kill" and "Tokyo Drifter" both by Seijun Suzuki for 30 EUR shipped :woot:

Reactions: Lutzo and Prazzers