Criterion Price Drop & Sales/last purchased thread @ hidefninja

What is everyone's experience shopping in store when this sale is live? I was thinking of stopping by to browse in person today, but then I read some comments that B&N won't honor online prices and won't price match website prices? Thanks in advance for your input!
It depends on where you are. Last year shopping in Anaheim California, people were walking up to the cash register with 30 copies of criterion stuff stacked to their hairline. In Shaker Heights, Ohio this year -you'd scarcely know there was a sale. Location.

• Thanks
Reactions: sminister
It depends on where you are. Last year shopping in Anaheim California, people were walking up to the cash register with 30 copies of criterion stuff stacked to their hairline. In Shaker Heights, Ohio this year -you'd scarcely know there was a sale. Location.
Thanks! I went to my local store today and picked up Brazil, Picnic at Hanging Rock, Persona, In the Mood for Love, and L'Avventura. They honored our 20% member discount and the 50% off sale, so I am excited:)

Thanks! I went to my local store today and picked up Brazil, Picnic at Hanging Rock, Persona, In the Mood for Love, and L'Avventura. They honored our 20% member discount and the 50% off sale, so I am excited:)

glad it worked! sorry i would have told you that you should have no problem. they'll never match their own website in store, but the CC sale is always online and in store and they'll always honor your membership discount. the only time you'll ever run into sticky situations with discounts is when you're trying to use a coupon in addition to a sale. sometimes it goes, sometimes it doesn't. and it can vary location to location. some cashiers will override and authorize additional discounts. while at most of my stores i frequent, you're better off asking to have the criterions free, because a coupon isn't gonna happen! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

glad it worked! sorry i would have told you that you should have no problem. they'll never match their own website in store, but the CC sale is always online and in store and they'll always honor your membership discount. the only time you'll ever run into sticky situations with discounts is when you're trying to use a coupon in addition to a sale. sometimes it goes, sometimes it doesn't. and it can vary location to location. some cashiers will override and authorize additional discounts. while at most of my stores i frequent, you're better off asking to have the criterions free, because a coupon isn't gonna happen! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Haha, yes I definitely agree on the coupon experience, like Forrest Gump..."you never know what you're gonna get", LOL.

WOW!!!
@digitalbabe leaving Barnes & Noble:
yeeeaaahhh-loki.gif

* All great choices...but PICNIC AT HANGING ROCK is a beauty, as it includes the novel (which was out of print).

Reactions: digitalbabe
Congrats! :thumbs::notworthy:

How!? EEK!

I desperately want Marienbad :squint:
Simply an auction. I won at an insanely low bid! Just goes to show - Just Bid! You never know! (Sometimes nobody is paying attention (or don't even know about) certain auctions).:thumbs:
Getting lucky like that will make ebay like crack, though!:LOL:

*Marienbad was one of the reasons I was bidding on that!:thumbs:
(I hear the UK blu ray of Marienbad is quite good though)

Reactions: dan8885
Simply an auction. I won at an insanely low bid! Just goes to show - Just Bid! You never know! (Sometimes nobody is paying attention (or don't even know about) certain auctions).:thumbs:
Getting lucky like that will make ebay like crack, though!:LOL:

*Marienbad was one of the reasons I was bidding on that!:thumbs:
(I hear the UK blu ray of Marienbad is quite good though)
Congrats!!

Reactions: C.C. 95
Anyone know if there's still a off coupon for a single item? Last year there was a 10 % or 20 % off code. I found one but this works only when you got a B&N membership :blackeye:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: PunkNinja
Last edited:
By the way anyone know why current 20% off any item coupon BNWILD does not work on Criterions? I read the exclusions and Crits are not mentioned?

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
A Criterion Collection award has been added,all! Showcase your collections by posting pics, get thanks from the community, and earn the HDN award here https://www.hidefninja.com/community/forums/criterion-collection-award.328/ @C.C. 95 @dan8885 @a.k.a.CRUSH @PunkNinja @Sigill @sminister @Wreck Please feel free to tag other fans who are Criterion fans/collectors!

200w.gif

THERE IT IS!!!!!

The holy grail award!!!! The award of all awards!!!

Thank you so much @digitalbabe @apsmith :woot::woot::woot::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: !!!!!

I'll do my thread after my last night shift tomorrow :woot: I'm so excited !!!!

By the way anyone know why current 20% off any item coupon BNWILD does not work on Criterions? I read the exclusions and Crits are not mentioned?

Maybe it doesn't get applied unless you are logged in with you B&N card? (That's just a guess)

Yes, that's what the website told me. Only for B&N members. And you need to put your membership number in your account to get it work.

I hoped for such a coupon for the Cassavettes Boxset. But without I'll not order and stay with just Keep Cases. A lot I wanted are gone already but 7-8 I found and will order on Friday :woot:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95