Criterion Price Drop & Sales/last purchased thread @ hidefninja

It sounds to me like you get to use the Coupon twice. Once online, and once in store.
["For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed only once per visit at any Barnes & Noble retail store and only once per visit per billing address online at BN.com." ]
And I like that it takes 20% off the most expensive item rather that the least (which how these things usually work).

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Bizzare, I am a member...I'll try again....it says not valid on contents of cart (I have Fantastic Planet BD in there)....
200w.gif

THERE IT IS!!!!!

The holy grail award!!!! The award of all awards!!!

Thank you so much @digitalbabe @apsmith :woot::woot::woot::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: !!!!!

I'll do my thread after my last night shift tomorrow :woot: I'm so excited !!!!

Yes, that's what the website told me. Only for B&N members. And you need to put your membership number in your account to get it work.

I hoped for such a coupon for the Cassavettes Boxset. But without I'll not order and stay with just Keep Cases. A lot I wanted are gone already but 7-8 I found and will order on Friday :woot:
re

• Thanks
General Question: does anyone have the lowdown on why certain titles had both an amaray and non-amaray "gatefold" edition (Last Emperor, Bottle Rocket, Last Metro, etc.).
Was this a temporary thing, or is it ongoing?

• Helpful Post
image.jpeg
General Question: does anyone have the lowdown on why certain titles had both an amaray and non-amaray "gatefold" edition (Last Emperor, Bottle Rocket, Last Metro, etc.).
Was this a temporary thing, or is it ongoing?

I think they did it because people complained about how quick they show their damage. They started selling replacement cases quickly after.
It's more like a digipack with a slipcover.

My July 2016 sale haul.
I noticed that not all of them have the Criterion stickers and then I realized that B&N sent me some re-pack copies. Probably the ones that other customers returned to the stores.

IMG_9955.JPG

Got 10% discount from B&N for the dinged up digipaks. It's hard to be OCD when most of your blu-ray comes in the mail.

Reactions: Manqu and dan8885
Awesome haul @PunkNinja :thumbs::thumbs:
and yes Criterion gives you a hard time if you're OCD. Sad to see how disrespectful B&N and also Criterion itself pack up such expensive collectibles :squint:

After looking through all Criterion BD at B&N I decided to pass the sale. 8 of my 10 most wanted Keep Cases are sold out. Understandable since I was forced to wait the whole July.
Theres still plenty I need to get but I'm a little disappointed that especially these are gone. I'll wait for the next sale in November and will be better prepared then.

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
5492BD85-2CE6-43A7-A596-0F45FBB83A41.PNG

The only downside on the Criterion Blood Simple- They did not include the comic introduction to the film by fictional film historian "Mortimer Young", who claims the "Director's Cut" removes some of "the boring bits" and adds other parts...and they did not include the Audio Commentary by "Kenneth Loring", the fictional artistic Director of the equally fictional "Forever Young Films". (Pretty hilarious commentary). If you want those features, purchase the earlier US blu ray (or the Coen Brothers collection box set) or the S. Korean Blu ray.
IMG_5392.PNG
IMG_5391.PNG

__
This blu ray shows why Vilmos Zsigmond was one of the greatest cinematographers in film history.
(He also shot Close Encounters, Deliverance & Scarecrow). This film also introduced me to the music of Leonard Cohen when I was very young. I am forever grateful for that.
There is no other western like this. A tone poem, with majestic images lit by natural light and candlelight.
IMG_5393.PNG
A98A57F0-BB88-4474-8734-9935411DDF8B.PNG

__

NOTE: MISHIMA is DVD. Criterion has not made a Blu ray Edition available yet.
This is one of Schrader's masterworks. (Yes, up there with his writing for Taxi Driver and Raging Bull). A lost classic that deserves more attention. The visuals, music, sets and costumes are amazing. It may be the first commercial film to use Philip Glass' minimalist hypnotic music. This was Eiko Ishioka's very first film as costume designer (uncredited).
She would go on to win the Oscar for the Costume Design in Bram Stoker's Dracula.

IMG_5390.PNG
B04A10A7-E259-4683-AE8A-799559701292.PNG

Last edited:
Starting today, all Criterion Collection Blu-rays and DVDs are 50% off at Barnes & Noble, both online and in stores. Check out our new special editions of Trilogía de Guillermo del Toro, McCabe & Mrs. Miller, and Blood Simple, as well as the upcoming releases Punch-Drunk Love and Lone Wolf and Cub, now available for preorder.

Happy shopping! The sale runs through November 28.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/50-off-the-criterion-collection/_/N-2dy8

@PunkNinja @C.C. 95 @famagosta @Bruckle @Last Lizard @severo @digitalbabe @Wreck

Anyone know additional discount codes who work on Criterion? I remember some for Black Friday last year but right now I can't find anything

Thanks for the Heads Up @dan8885 !!
So it begins!!!:rofl:

I'm not sure what to do. I wanted to order the Del Toro Boxset and the John Cassavetes Boxset. But without additional discount codes I'll get just one of them for now.
Probably Del Toro since it will sell out faster at B&N then Cassavetes. Maybe there will just be codes around Black Friday then. Last year I remember additional 20-30 % off.
What do you think?

And I'm scared that my Del Toro will arrive totally damaged :( They really add NO protection. And most of the time a box way to big for the content.
3 weeks with the cheapest shipping and it will arrive bumped like hell :dunno:

I'm not sure what to do. I wanted to order the Del Toro Boxset and the John Cassavetes Boxset. But without additional discount codes I'll get just one of them for now.
Probably Del Toro since it will sell out faster at B&N then Cassavetes. Maybe there will just be codes around Black Friday then. Last year I remember additional 20-30 % off.
What do you think?

And I'm scared that my Del Toro will arrive totally damaged :( They really add NO protection. And most of the time a box way to big for the content.
3 weeks with the cheapest shipping and it will arrive bumped like hell :dunno:
I would not sweat the John Cassavettes box. The del Toro will be a hot one, though.
Did you mean 20-30% off ON TOP of the 50% off?!!