Daredevil: Season 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: May 15, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre Order now Live)
Price: £29.99

1.jpg
17505042_10154173466590146_4049625303049763875_o.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So- I got my copy in the mail today.

But here's the thing- I recently started to rewatch Daredevil Series 2 off of Netflix and, despite the first 4 episodes being phenomenal- I hate nearly everything that the other 9 episodes have to offer (with the exception being the episode of Frank Castle being in prison). So... I'm at a loss. What do I do? xD

So- I got my copy in the mail today.

But here's the thing- I recently started to rewatch Daredevil Series 2 off of Netflix and, despite the first 4 episodes being phenomenal- I hate nearly everything that the other 9 episodes have to offer (with the exception being the episode of Frank Castle being in prison). So... I'm at a loss. What do I do? xD

Don't watch The Defenders. Just wait for The Punisher show on Netflix.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Don't watch The Defenders. Just wait for The Punisher show on Netflix.

Haha!
Well... we'll see how it goes. I loved Jessica Jones- but I'm not sure about how I feel about the Hand being the main confrontational force in the series.
It may work for a series like The Defenders- but it doesn't match the tonal consistency established in Daredevil Series 1. Do you know what I mean?

Like- it works for The Avengers to be fighting aliens in... well.. The Avengers. But it wouldn't have worked in a Captain America movie- nor would it have worked in an Iron Man movie.

But my question was what do I do with this steelbook? Do I keep it? Do I get rid of it? xD

Haha!
Well... we'll see how it goes. I loved Jessica Jones- but I'm not sure about how I feel about the Hand being the main confrontational force in the series.
It may work for a series like The Defenders- but it doesn't match the tonal consistency established in Daredevil Series 1. Do you know what I mean?

Like- it works for The Avengers to be fighting aliens in... well.. The Avengers. But it wouldn't have worked in a Captain America movie- nor would it have worked in an Iron Man movie.

But my question was what do I do with this steelbook? Do I keep it? Do I get rid of it? xD

The Hand is one of Daredevil's most consistent adversaries. They were featured in Season 1 as well. Not sure how the Hand makes it tonally inconsistent when they are in both seasons of Daredevil. You've confused me.

The Hand is one of Daredevil's most consistent adversaries. They were featured in Season 1 as well. Not sure how the Hand makes it tonally inconsistent when they are in both seasons of Daredevil. You've confused me.

I understand that they're the most consistent enemy of Daredevil in the comic series- but with Series 1 aiming for such a grounded and gritty approach with the main scheme being that of real-estate, it was believable to see Matt Murdock get the piss beat out of him by 4 slightly-larger-than-average Russian thugs.

Then, season 2 pops up- and he's listening to the swords of Ninja's as he mows down dozens of people with ease. It just doesn't really match up with what was established as Murdock's limitations within the first series. Even if Murdock has grown in strength between season 1 and season 2- I think there is something comical about him having to listen to swords, or to even get to the point where he can listen so hard he can hear stick when he's hundreds of meters away.

It would be like if a fantastical character such as Superman showed up in a film like The Dark Knight Rises- it just wouldn't make sense to me to introduce something as contrary to the first series.

And I understand that Murdock fought Nobu in the first series- but that was 1 guy- and if I remember correctly- it nearly killed him.