Deadpool (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Film Arena Collection #48) [Czech Republic]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Standard Edition - FAC Edition #1 - FAC Edition #2 - FAC Edition #3 (hard box)
Price: 699 CZK or 26.59 € (Standard Edition) - 799 CZK (Edition 1) - 999 CZK (Edition 2) - 1,999 CZK (Edition 3)
HDN group buy: hosted by carllenc - September 18, around 11 AM (BST) - Check your local timing HERE
Edition #1 GB - Edition #2 GB - Edition #3 GB

The detailed shots of each edition will be revealed later in the evening of September 18 and members will be able to edit their requests once the details are posted. Once a GB is closed, Martin will be compiling the lists so no changes will be accepted then.

Edition #1 | Edition #2 | Edition #3

14324490_1104650142985294_6935709033909086854_o.jpg14305267_1104650146318627_3694794603240748819_o.jpg14424718_1105746309542344_2421188839159683951_o.jpg
14344128_1104164133033895_7443833788631253598_n.jpg14330062_1104164219700553_3196466558321615162_n.jpg14372405_1104164266367215_9012593166458572024_o.jpg
film_22042_1.jpg
13055149_993109894139320_3235764806555329103_o.jpg13048158_993109897472653_3839711551901780193_o.jpg13054997_993109934139316_3195655877867403140_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Flloydo Re first para: Take a look at Facebook. Film Arena have an official trading page there. Some of the prices are astronomical - and obviously sanctioned by FA or they would be removed.

I'm not attacking or defending anyone, of course. Just pointing out about the FA page, and the 'hardbox' stickers.

I've considerably less time for the Manta fullslip as it's exactly the same art as used on the DVD slip, which is pretty bogey in my personal opinion.

Oh interesting, didn't know that

Tbh I always see the scalper thing a no go because of all the hard work Karel does and he don't want to see prices Tripple the price when he's had to drive to Prague and sort the out and pack them up ,sorting out other packaging and boxes, deal with combined orders and deal with hundreds to thousands of payments and then posting orders etc

But if I had a one click and hated one of the editons I would like to think I can trade it to a member here at cost or for something they have that I would like to help each other out etc

Anyway, like I said I was just sticking up for meth when I felt a sh*t storm coming on when he didn't mention ripping anyone off or even 100% doing what he said.
I felt others were reading his post wrong and so on

Anyway back to the steel editions

I really hope this lenti full slip is worth it.... I like the look of the book but other than that I'm only really getting this to try out their new lenti. I'm not liking the post cards that come with the edition

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking forward to seeing some actual photos of the slips and hardbox showing the finish and texture and embossing of each version

I'm sure some will be posted in next few weeks on usual source facebook

The extra cost of the hardbox is very small amount it's only an extra £6.00/€7

Czk 200 might look like a lot It's not when your convert to actual £/€/$

Manufacture of a Hardbox is not free for a retailer an outsourced company has to be paid to make these.

Oh interesting, didn't know that

Tbh I always see the scalper thing a no go because of all the hard work Karel does and he don't want to see prices Tripple the price when he's had to drive to Prague and sort the out and pack them up ,sorting out other packaging and boxes, deal with combined orders and deal with hundreds to thousands of payments and then posting orders etc

But if I had a one click and hated one of the editons I would like to think I can trade it to a member here at cost or for something they have that I would like to help each other out etc

Anyway, like I said I was just sticking up for meth when I felt a sh*t storm coming on when he didn't mention ripping anyone off or even 100% doing what he said.
I felt others were reading his post wrong and so on

Anyway back to the steel editions

I really hope this lenti full slip is worth it.... I like the look of the book but other than that I'm only really getting this to try out their new lenti. I'm not liking the post cards that come with the edition

I have always found scalping to be distasteful, disreputable and downright selfish - especially when you have guys buy 10 copies or more for the sole purpose of ripping people off. To buy from a GB, and scalp you copies falls into the former category, but has the added shame of insulting the GB host!
Then again, I heard a whisper some time ago of the ultimate in disreputable - scalping from your own GBs - (no not Karel!!!) ; how true it was, I don't know. But if true, could anyone stoop lower . . .

Meanwhile back on topic: In common with the Kimchis and Mantas, I have been disapointed in general with the premium editions; but I caved and went for E1 and E2 in the FACs. Very largely because A. I don't have any other premium editions, and B. The Lentis promise to be a cut above: Full slip is four picture, and the Lenti slip is a genuine 3d rendering - which with the bright colours promises much.

One hopes those wishes are not forlorn :)

All right folks, let's please drop the scalping subject, feel free to take it to PMs if you wish. Further posts on this subject will be edited/removed as they bring nothing to the thread but constant derailing etc...

Thanks for your cooperation.

6 gbp is nothing for me as well, and certainly not worth my time constantly debating it here. Am simply stating that when a buyer is buying 2-3 versions of same movie from retailer, it helps them get rid of their stock quicker as well. They are not doing fans a favour, it's buyers helping them finish all their stock quicker rather than buying single editions. They should be rewarded, not penalised for this prerogative.
Anyways won't be debating this topic anymore, with mindsets like yours, these prices are never gonna be sorted as you are trying to justify the price increase and agree with it. Love rosie was another example of this, same as sicario, it will just keep repeating and maybe even climb upwards.

Didn't realise what you were getting at from your previous posts as you didn't state that. However now that you have stated it, yea your right maybe it is a quicker way for the retailers to get their stock out faster, in which case they should offer higher quantities of the boxset so more people get a chance to get one, reduce the price and get a free goody as well!

A forum is for debate and I was trying to look at both sides of the argument and not justify one side or the other, if you think that mindset is incorrect then that is your choice, I think it is the correct mindset for debate and possible change. I was trying to highlight both sides from a business and financial perspective while also giving my opinion. If the community continue to buy these boxsets with the increase in price and stay quiet about it, don't discuss it or debate it, then yes again you are right again it will stay the same and the price will probably increase but lets not let that happen, people should talk about it and voice their opinion otherwise nothing will change (n)

Didn't realise what you were getting at from your previous posts as you didn't state that. However now that you have stated it, yea your right maybe it is a quicker way for the retailers to get their stock out faster, in which case they should offer higher quantities of the boxset so more people get a chance to get one, reduce the price and get a free goody as well!

A forum is for debate and I was trying to look at both sides of the argument and not justify one side or the other, if you think that mindset is incorrect then that is your choice, I think it is the correct mindset for debate and possible change. I was trying to highlight both sides from a business and financial perspective while also giving my opinion. If the community continue to buy these boxsets with the increase in price and stay quiet about it, don't discuss it or debate it, then yes again you are right again it will stay the same and the price will probably increase but lets not let that happen, people should talk about it and voice their opinion otherwise nothing will change (n)

Well I'm not sure the box set is to just try to sell more stock if that was the case when they upped the print run of the box they would have lessend the total of the full and lenti numbers. they put in orders for the steels to the companies to start with. I think it's just a way for them to appease us collectors with offering us choices. We have the choice to buy the box or buy them separtly. However with the box you get another price of artwork with your editions.

Now the increase in price it costs money to make these they have to pay someone to put them together. If you look at how much the standard steel cost on fa and then the price of the full slip you will notice it's not a huge diffence. So I'm guessing the price diffence is the materials of the slip and goodies and what ever labor it takes to package it. It's 100 czk or like 5 bucks American diffence in price for the standard steel and the full slip. So the box adds 200 more czk to the total of the two editions inside. so it's pretty cheap imo for the extra box that again takes time to make. To me it looks like all the money they actually make comes from the steel itself which I mean as a business you can't take loses on your products and stay in business.

Pricing is going up and up and weak £ is adding to the woes. People become price sensitive with UK / EU releases but don't care what these premium retailers charge. In a sense this is good for those who like to try their luck in the secondary market which is now flooded with these premium Steels. Except a handful, we can now get pretty much everything at a lower price. Anyway I don't like the idea of FA increasing the print run.

• Thanks
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
Can someone help me figure put whats goin on woth this one - where can I see the GB lists and if i made it onto the list?
Has this gone live and sold out directly(i see pre-order links but the page is unresponsive when I try to order - tbh, I've neber had much luck using FAC site.

Had an oral operation thurs and havnt bothered checkin here much, but figured as the GB was open and green, I could join, so I did, an left it thinki I'd next get a message about paying. Nothing through so decided to check and now it seems the GB may have closed and re-opened so I dont knownwhats goin on and am kinda fretting about it all.
Please help guys. Treat me as a noob on this one as i cant figure put how FAC do their releases (I following their mailing list but the translator is terroble so never have much of a clue as to whats being said)

Have I missed out on edition 3 or just a solo lenti and should I resign myself to fleabay :(

Thanks in advance

Can someone help me figure put whats goin on woth this one - where can I see the GB lists and if i made it onto the list?
Has this gone live and sold out directly(i see pre-order links but the page is unresponsive when I try to order - tbh, I've neber had much luck using FAC site.

Had an oral operation thurs and havnt bothered checkin here much, but figured as the GB was open and green, I could join, so I did, an left it thinki I'd next get a message about paying. Nothing through so decided to check and now it seems the GB may have closed and re-opened so I dont knownwhats goin on and am kinda fretting about it all.
Please help guys. Treat me as a noob on this one as i cant figure put how FAC do their releases (I following their mailing list but the translator is terroble so never have much of a clue as to whats being said)

Have I missed out on edition 3 or just a solo lenti and should I resign myself to fleabay :(

Thanks in advance
The lists in the OP will be put up at a later date when Carllenc or collector get a chance to do it. If you have posted on the GB list then you should be getting a copy. You will recieve a message about payment sometime in the future. It varies In time but usually takes a few weeks.:thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: rodtp and yeslek
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks in advance

Don't panic. Even though your post was #249 and GB already closed you might get a copy. Not all of the posts are valid. Also they raised hardbox from 500 to 700.

Deadpool editions are sold out from FAC site. Just read some of the posts above.

Usually the payments are closer to release date, some weeks earlier.

I'd recommend you contact @Collector03601 if you want to know more.

Thanks for the replies guys, have messaged, bit the way my lucks gone woth regards to any lenticular deadpool steel, am kinda resigning myself to missing out again :(