Death Race (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Media Markt Exclusive) [Germany]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
April 09 /Debossed Cover
It's region B, but its Universal, and Universal hasnt had a region locked blu yet!
So anyone should be able to watch this world wide if they decide to open it.
attachment.php

Actual pics: (thanks Elena)
DeathRace3.jpg

DeathRace2.jpg

DeathRace.jpg

Attachments

• deathrace.jpg
    deathrace.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 634
Last edited by a moderator:
I got this sealed/mint on an ebay auction. I paid a premium for it but it's absolutely mint. Told myself I would never spend that much on 1 steelbook again, and I haven't ;)

you guys are right...school boy error in excitement...was on my mobile and the pictures werent loading and the description didn't suggest g1 and emphasised oop...wrote an unhappy cancellation request to buyer...damn.

Beautiful! Nice shots!!!

That one has escaped between my fingers. I missed my chance to get it, I wasn't a Ninja fellow yet.

Had to stick with a G1 version instead. We can't always win, right? :)

Reactions: Elena
Just got an open mint one. This steelbook is gorgeous, lovely embossing, nice gold reflection you get in the light. I personally think it is better than Wanted. Any guys who havent got this it is a must, seriously :) They are getting expensive sealed but do what I do get an open mint one, and you get to see the inside artwork and watch the movie too :hilarious:

I got this sealed/mint on an ebay auction. I paid a premium for it but it's absolutely mint. Told myself I would never spend that much on 1 steelbook again, and I haven't ;)

I also paid a premium for thought it was worth it tho one of the greats no matter how many other versions get released i cant see them ever topping it this one will stay with me

Reactions: darczap
I also paid a premium for thought it was worth it tho one of the greats no matter how many other versions get released i cant see them ever topping it this one will stay with me

And why dont you think the same for IM FS referring to your disappointment on the play.com release?

And why dont you think the same for IM FS referring to your disappointment on the play.com release?

Even tho iron man is nice its not one my favourite steelbook death race is
i think death race as proven that even with other releases its not really effected the price. I think when iron man gets released by play.com it will effect the price of the fs steelbook.
I really hope it doesn`t and that i am proven wrong.

Even tho iron man is nice its not one my favourite steelbook death race is
i think death race as proven that even with other releases its not really effected the price. I think when iron man gets released by play.com it will effect the price of the fs steelbook.
I really hope it doesn`t and that i am proven wrong.

Studios/retailers wont spend more money on premium finishes of movies that arent/werent big sellers in box office/home video market. That is why a title like Death Race is one of the most protected. Cause when they reprint, they never spend extra money on doing what the first one did which had the extra hype/promotion of its release after box office.

Iron Man demand will go down, so its cost will go down a bit ... but its value will not. As it'll only be a matter of time before those who want it will still have to pay that amount again to obtain one. So basically if you want an Iron Man FutureShop then a few months after the release of the new one will probably be a prime time to purchase one as demand will currently be down a bit.