Deliverance (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition) [UK]

Sigill

Lead Steelbook Mod
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
United Kingdom
Release date: 9th November 2015 (Live Sunday 6pm UK time)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 copies

11184194-9364335775574478.jpg

Last edited:
Love this film but far too much coming out in November for me to afford it.
Oh well

Why are people acting like they've never seen this before? It's been available to pre-order for months in France and Germany?? And cheaper too obviously.

#zavviblinkers

Reactions: lolwut
Why are people acting like they've never seen this before? It's been available to pre-order for months in France and Germany?? And cheaper too obviously.

#zavviblinkers

I do rememeber those because I liked the art but some reason thought they had foreign text on them

Good to know, I'll pick up after Christmas from either here if it drops or France or Germany depending on price at the time

Yes, yes, absolutely perfect :thumbs:
Can't wait for tomorrow !

'interesting' artwork for this steelbook, certainly, and from a great-looking poster and if you wanted to buy one of these original full size 1972 posters you'd be lucky to find one for reasonable money though of course reproductions are available for about $25.

Created by Bill Gold, with a couple of others not quite so good for this film IMO, who is responsible for film posters of such diverse films as "Casablanca" (1942) and "Streetcar Named Desire" (1951) - both posters used on cover artwork for our 2013 WB wave steelbooks - to 'A clockwork Orange' (1971) and Clint Eastwood's 'Mystic River' (2003) and many, many others of equal excellence.

White or silver . . . hmmm ? ("Saw" . . . "American Psycho" ?)

Last edited:
I already have this on Pre Order from Amazon Germany
€14.99 Euro (€20.50 Euro with shipping and Vat correction for Ireland included)

Zavvi price is €20.69
If the 5% discount code works when it goes live that would make it €19.65
I will order from Zavvi if that is the price when it goes live or if there is a better working discount code available

The Steelbook I will be getting its just a matter who ends up been the cheapest as to who I keep my order with as it possible the Amazon Germany price could drop before release date

Thank you, Zavvi, for giving me yet another bona fide 1970s classic - this following on from "Don't Look Now" - hopefully "Rosemary's Baby" will be next alongside "The Conversation", "Dirty Harry", "Badlands","Klute" etc . . .

In addition to some of the other '70s classics that we've already been offered such as "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", "The Godfather 1 & 2" (as part of the steelbook trilogy), " A Clockwork Orange", "Jaws", "The French Connection", "The Omen", "Westworld", "The Wicker Man" etc. - not all "Exclusives" of course.

I'm going to get this exact same steelbook and this exact same disc from amazon.fr, €12.99 shipped.

Zavvi's asking price is €20.69, even with a 5% discount it's still €6.50 more expensive than on amazon.fr.

They're using this 'limited to 1,000' strategy to bump up the price. Well, good for those who can't stand a foreign J-card, I guess.

I'm going to get this exact same steelbook and this exact same disc from amazon.fr, €12.99 shipped.

Zavvi's asking price is €20.69, even with a 5% discount it's still €6.50 more expensive than on amazon.fr.

They're using this 'limited to 1,000' strategy to bump up the price. Well, good for those who can't stand a foreign J-card, I guess.

You are in France so I'm guessing you speak and read French like a native so therefore not a problem for you to read the data card with the consequence that it would be strange if you bought the U.K. edition which has 'foreign' print on it.
Furthermore it is completely understandable and commendable that you support the economy of your own country :thumbs:

I am British and live in the U.K. so it would be strange if I bought this from Amazon.fr. Amazon.it or indeed from any other Amazon . . .
I would rather support the economy of my own country than support the economy of another country :)

Lol now it's gone to supporting economy.
Well I'm supporting my wallet and whatever is cheapest at the time I will buy, obviously if others countries releases have foreign on the actual steel then I'll go for the uk unless it's not available in the uk (Howard the duck for example)

But £5 extra or more in some cases just to have a English j card is ridicolous IMO unless you keep them sealed.

It's not strange to buy from another country lol