Gotham
Release: September 9th, 2014
Platform: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

HDN Destiny Clan: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/183825

From the creators of Halo and the company that brought you Call of Duty, comes Destiny, an epic adventure unlike anything players have experienced. In Destiny you are a Guardian of the last city on Earth, able to wield incredible power. Explore the ancient ruins of our solar system, from the red dunes of Mars to the lush jungles of Venus. Defeat Earth's enemies. Discover all that we have lost. Become legend.

imagejfx.jpg

For years, the name Bungie has been synonymous with the game Halo. Yesterday, they unveiled their next massive project called Destiny. They've partnered up with activision and the game looks amazing. This will be the thread for news, photos and updates relating to the game. Enjoy!

Attachments

• destiny.jpg
    destiny.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 6,158
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I'm not alone then. Hopefully we'll receive them later today... I was hoping to spend my weekend on it. :p

I'm really curious about it, but I don't if I'd spend too much time playing it. I'm currently playing Ace Combat Infinity and that thing is addictive! And I have a lot other on queue: PES 2014, Batman Arkham City, Killzone 3, and so on

I'm really curious about it, but I don't if I'd spend too much time playing it. I'm currently playing Ace Combat Infinity and that thing is addictive! And I have a lot other on queue: PES 2014, Batman Arkham City, Killzone 3, and so on

Same here... I'm not that excited about the game in all honesty, but I am curious/interested in giving it a go. I'll be in no rush to get it either way, as I only have two games for the PS4, and I'm yet to complete either of them.

Played it last night and was Impressed. Good Graphics and Sound plus the Game play is a little like Borderlands. Customizable equipment and powers, Public Events and Solo missions. I'll have to keep playing and see how much more it'll sway me on purchasing it:D

Reactions: Jace88
Got an email from them saying I do not qualify. Although I can pre-order it to enter the beta.

So much for everyone who signed up getting access then. I haven't even had the email you mentioned... I'll probably just pre-order the game to get the beta code and then cancel it straight afterwards. :p :D

Well I beat the Alpha level caps at 8. Careful going into the Devil's Lair, need to be at least level 6 and above plus good armor and weapons. I was a level 6 and had 2 other players at level 4, we go the **** kicked out of us. We tried it about 6 times and then they gave up. Left by myself to keep going, 2 new players joined and they were level 6, same as el Jefe. Now it was an even battle, we kicked ass and took down the sphere Such Epicness

Looks like the Alpha has been extended, according to the following tweet by Bungie...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>There's a rumor that the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Destiny&amp;src=hash">#Destiny</a> Alpha might be extended to allow dangerous experiments. Play beyond the official close at your own risk!</p>&mdash; Bungie (@Bungie) <a href="https://twitter.com/Bungie/statuses/478431903716896769">June 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reactions: ocielz
I wonder how different the Beta will be from the Alpha? I'm guessing that those of us in the Alpha, won't automatically be in the Beta?

I wonder how different the Beta will be from the Alpha? I'm guessing that those of us in the Alpha, won't automatically be in the Beta?

So far, no.

Beta is for pre-orders.

The Beta will be different in content and choices. More possibilities available, more game modes etc.

Personally I think the alpha is enough.

I want to enjoy the full experience without getting spoiled already with alot of game play.

I enjoy playing a game like this on release with the feeling that millions alike are doing exact the same thing, which is enjoying the game ;-)

So far, no.

Beta is for pre-orders.

The Beta will be different in content and choices. More possibilities available, more game modes etc.

Personally I think the alpha is enough.

I want to enjoy the full experience without getting spoiled already with alot of game play.

I enjoy playing a game like this on release with the feeling that millions alike are doing exact the same thing, which is enjoying the game ;-)

I love the Alpha. I guess i can always just pre-order the game and get a Beta code. I usually don't have much time to devote to games from like April through October, which is rarely why i buy new games during the spring/summer. I guess i could always just cancel the pre-order before September, if i really wanted to.

Reactions: AnubisNefer