Gotham
Release: September 9th, 2014
Platform: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

HDN Destiny Clan: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/183825

From the creators of Halo and the company that brought you Call of Duty, comes Destiny, an epic adventure unlike anything players have experienced. In Destiny you are a Guardian of the last city on Earth, able to wield incredible power. Explore the ancient ruins of our solar system, from the red dunes of Mars to the lush jungles of Venus. Defeat Earth's enemies. Discover all that we have lost. Become legend.

imagejfx.jpg

For years, the name Bungie has been synonymous with the game Halo. Yesterday, they unveiled their next massive project called Destiny. They've partnered up with activision and the game looks amazing. This will be the thread for news, photos and updates relating to the game. Enjoy!

Attachments

• destiny.jpg
    destiny.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 6,158
Last edited by a moderator:
At launch, PS4 and PS3 owners will get exclusive access to a unique co-op Strike located on Mars, an exclusive competitive map, and a slew of exclusive guns, gear, and ships. You can read here for full details.

Reactions: Sixteenvolt420
Destiny's exclusive PS4 content could stay exclusive until late 2015, according to a new report.

Apparently Mp1st spotted a listing for the game by a popular retailer which suggests that some of the content is staying exclusive until Fall 2015.

"For PlayStation 4 owners, Destiny offers Early access to the Beta on July 17th, and a free 30-Day PlayStation Plus Trial.

"Exclusive content for PlayStation 4 owners includes the Exodus Blue Competitive Multiplayer Map, Dust Palace Strike, Weapons, Ships and Gear that will only be on PlayStation until at least Fall 2015."

That is a long period of exclusivity if true.

Bungie has released some stats for the Destiny Alpha, revealing that almost 6.5 million games were played on PS4.

“Putting our Alpha out there lit a new kind of fire here at Bungie,” said the developer. “It feels like we’ve been reborn.

“Putting alpha code out in the wild is always a risk; that build is ancient by our standards, riddled with content and bugs we’d never allow through to ship. In many cases, the really rough and jagged edges had been hammered smooth long ago, making it all the more difficult to see them discovered, but in just as many others, there’s still work to do, and the only way to get it done is to let you touch down in our world to tear the place wide open.”

Here are some other Alpha Stats:

6,461,871 Player Games Played
149,522,313 Primary Weapon Kills
21,782,610 Secondary Weapon Kills
4,002,737 Heavy Weapon Kills
21,687,298 Super Ability Kills
2,819,211 Orbs of Light Gathered
6,850,773 Control Points Captured in the Crucible
1,195 Deathless Medals awarded in the Crucible
4,356 Splatters with the Sparrow
667,966 Public Events Joined
60,491,944 Fallen Dregs Dispatched with Extreme Prejudice
Too many to count: Guardians served in Dance Parties

Reactions: Horhay
Destiny's closed beta is set to arrive on Xbox One and Xbox 360 in "late July."

A new trailer confirmed the news, with the ad saying that the beta will arrive on Xbox platforms in "late July," suggesting it'll arrive 1-2 weeks after the Beta hits PS3/PS4 on July 17.

If you have pre-ordered the game then getting into the beta couldn't be easier as you'll likely already have a code which you should have registered on Bungie.net.

Destiny's closed beta is set to arrive on Xbox One and Xbox 360 in "late July."

A new trailer confirmed the news, with the ad saying that the beta will arrive on Xbox platforms in "late July," suggesting it'll arrive 1-2 weeks after the Beta hits PS3/PS4 on July 17.

If you have pre-ordered the game then getting into the beta couldn't be easier as you'll likely already have a code which you should have registered on Bungie.net.

Got my code the day i pre-ordered at Amazon, registered it at Bungie and such a few minutes later.

I pre-ordered Destiny from Kmart.com and it said it would send the beta code on July 15. If you pre-order from kmart.com and are a rewards member you also get an extra 20,000 rewards points. That's $20.00 dollars to use on another order.

September is gonna start expensive... I already have a PS4, but the white PS4 bundle is so sexy, i pre-ordered it and now they announce these! :hilarious:

Definitely getting a Ghost!

Destiny Ghost Edition ($150,- so i guess €150,- euros?)
fPnb8iNl.jpg

Big picture in spoiler
fPnb8iN.jpg

Destiny Limited Edition ($99,- so i guess €99,- euros?)
QiXqe2rl.jpg

Big picture in spoiler
QiXqe2r.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Horhay
maybe when the beta is out I'll make up my mind for this game.

I had a blast already with the Alpha. I'm sure of it i'm gonna play this game for hours.

I loved Mass Effect and this is the game that comes very close with a slice of Borderlands which i love aswell, so its an awesome combination for me :D

Last edited:
Both editions look really nice, but they're way too pricey for me... Ghost is £150 and SE is £95 here in the UK (according to Game).

Both editions look really nice, but they're way too pricey for me... Ghost is £150 and SE is £95 here in the UK (according to Game).

Omg.... 150 quid?

That's even more euros than dollars! The UK gets f##ked twice!

I was always mad seeing that they just put the us equivalent to euros, 150 dollars to me is 109 euros and not 150 ;-)

But English pounds is even more! My god.... That's almost 30 euros more and $106,- more!

Simply insane!

I hope you Americans embrace your cheap prices and realize how lucky you are for having such prices.

Omg.... 150 quid?

That's even more euros than dollars! The UK gets f##ked twice!

I was always mad seeing that they just put the us equivalent to euros, 150 dollars to me is 109 euros and not 150 ;-)

But English pounds is even more! My god.... That's almost 30 euros more and $106,- more!

Simply insane!

I hope you Americans embrace your cheap prices and realize how lucky you are for having such prices.

The beauty of having the development here in the US. There's a lot of fees in between that customers do not see, I bet a lot of the cost of manufacturing and shipping to UK must be huge, hence the prices you see for all things electronics.

The beauty of having the development here in the US. There's a lot of fees in between that customers do not see, I bet a lot of the cost of manufacturing and shipping to UK must be huge, hence the prices you see for all things electronics.

I can see development in us, since it's from Bungie which resides in Bellevue, Washington.

But is it so that the game, packaging, blu-ray printing is all done in the US.

And that they make all versions of Destiny in the US to ship abroad?

That would be expensive to do and not financially logic to ship all those games from the US to the world?

It's much cheaper to make the physical product in certain parts of Europe and Asia thus shortening certain aspects of your supply chain and logistics management.

I could be wrong, but I don't think all of the Destiny games (Xbox, Xbox one, ps3 and ps4) in different languages are being made in America.

I can see development in us, since it's from Bungie which resides in Bellevue, Washington.

But is it so that the game, packaging, blu-ray printing is all done in the US.

And that they make all versions of Destiny in the US to ship abroad?

That would be expensive to do and not financially logic to ship all those games from the US to the world?

It's much cheaper to make the physical product in certain parts of Europe and Asia thus shortening certain aspects of your supply chain and logistics management.

I could be wrong, but I don't think all of the Destiny games (Xbox, Xbox one, ps3 and ps4) in different languages are being made in America.

I doubt it too, I am wildly guessing that a lot of the printing and pressing is done in Asia to lower the cost. But from China/So. Asia > US is much cheaper than having it shipped all the way to Europe. I imagine that's one of the reasons why prices are so high.

You can now register your code and select which platform you'll be playing it on... http://www.bungie.net/en/User/redeemedcodes :thumbs:

UPDATE: If you're in Europe, the above won't be possible until just before the beta launches next week on PS4/PS3. Everyone else will be emailed codes closer to release once they have chosen their platform of choice.

Also, everyone with access to the Destiny beta will get THREE download codes (for you to share with friends, I guess).

Reactions: AnubisNefer
UPDATE: If you're in Europe, the above won't be possible until just before the beta launches next week on PS4/PS3. Everyone else will be emailed codes closer to release once they have chosen their platform of choice.

Also, everyone with access to the Destiny beta will get THREE download codes (for you to share with friends, I guess).

Europe is aloud to choose on the 16th/17th of July ;-)

Reactions: Noodles
Yeah, I'm hyped for this. Watching the gameplay footage and knowing bungie, this will play like Halo, the group experience of borderlands (as someone said). It's just a good mix