Die Hard Collection (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: May 14, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order Wednesday 11th at around 12pm BST midday)
Price: £34.99
Notes: Includes Die Hard 1-5

11711494-1064563595402413.jpg

11711494-1714563597007653.jpg
11711494-1724563595687764.jpg

Last edited:
They are laughing at that price

This should be £30, tops
£49.99 is the RRP price
There is no save £ amount listed yet

It will be lot less when it goes live to order
Zavvi list RRP price first and then list actual retail selling price when it's live to order

Ignore prices you see listed for pre orders not live yet
It's not even on Zavvi website yet you won't find it in a search on the zavvi website
Purchase link in thread is provided to web forums to create sales for when goes live

Prices of pre orders releases are TBC until goes live

Amazon UK and Amazon USA do something similar with pre orders list high prices and then later reduce before release date to actual selling price

Last edited:
Common Zavvi, where’s the 4K for DH1??
@paulboland send some emails to zavvi to incorporate 4K if they are going to release this again!!

You're supposed to buy this now and then buy the 4K later.

Just like you're supposed to buy crap art steelbooks and then buy better art steelbooks later.
If there ever is a better art steelbook.

Common Zavvi, where’s the 4K for DH1??
@paulboland send some emails to zavvi to incorporate 4K if they are going to release this again!!
If you want 4K UHD Steelbook release in the UK contact 20th Century Fox UK

This Die Hard Collection steelbook is getting a release in Europe with Zavvi get retailer exclusive for the UK
It's easier to sell standard Blu-ray in Europe than 4K UHD

Die Hard 4K UHD is getting an amaray release in USA and in some European Countries
UK Die Hard 4K UHD amaray release expect will be announced soon and will be trade wide release

I would be more interested seeing a standard Blu-ray release with 4K remaster scan done with lot of new extras than seeing just a 4K UHD release with no new extras

If you want most steelbooks of back catalog titles to be 4K UHD instead of Blu-ray wait another 2-4 years and that will only happen if most homes have upgraded to 4K TV and sales of 4K UHD is enough to do 4K UHD only

A lot of consumers are still purchasing DVD and not even upgraded to Blu-ray yet you will need a lot of these DVD consumers to upgrade to 4K UHD

Last edited:
Couldn't have said it better myself!
:LOL: Price when goes live wont be £49.99
Ignore price listed at the moment as it's the RRP listing

It's not live yet or listed on Zavvi website
The purchase link in OP is for when goes live and provided to web forums to create sales when goes live

Actual retail price will be when pre order goes live and will be lot less than £49.99

I would like to know this also, I want Die Hard 4 unrated on bluray.

You can get region free Die Hard 4.0 unrated on the Australian Legacy Collection... don't think it's cheap any more though

9321337149912.jpg

Last year I think they also released it in the US collection

91QU4cfAtNL._SX342_.jpg

Both look better than this steel as well...

You can get region free Die Hard 4.0 unrated on the Australian Legacy Collection... don't think it's cheap any more though

View attachment 374026

Last year I think they also released it in the US collection

View attachment 374025

Both look better than this steel as well...

If I remember correctly, I believe there were complaints that the U.S. collection didn't have the unrated version after stating that it would include it.

EDIT: Early releases didn't included the unrated versions of 4 and 5 even though it was printed on the box. You could email fox for the proper discs. Later versions included the proper discs.
You can read customer reviews about this here. https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01NCO9V09/?tag=hidefnin0b-20

Last edited:
No pics? Methinks time to remedy that oversight ... this time courtesy BD.com.

Stacked discs (2 + 3) ...
... w/ little sign - although quite possible - that Willis, title and bullet casings have been spot-glossed (TBC) like on the new and similar style Euro DIE HARD standalone steelbook.

Quite used to de-bossed bullet holes in UK ... but doesn't look like it here (again TBC).

Not sure how I feel about the title replacement on the casing of LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD instead of the Internationally recognised DIE HARD 4.0 title seen on the previous UK steelbook etc.:-
832Ggeg.jpg
upload_2018-5-21_18-20-8.png
91899_large.jpg

hcdwFlb.jpg

The good thing for the completist is that there's space to stack DIE HARD: YEAR ONE to make as complete as possible / up-to-date the DIE HARD collection in one compact space (true, will be missing the title for #6 on the back and only five instead of six bullet holes on the front).

Last edited:
Don't like that it says LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD on the case but says DIE HARD 4.0 on the disk and don't like that the bullet holes aren't debossed. However, I did only pay £20 for it so I can live with that

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Anyone confirm if these have the unrated versions?

On the basis that these haven't been resubmitted through the BBFC it's safe to assume that the discs contain the same versions as the previous releases, which in the case of DHWAV is probably still cut.