Django Unchained (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: January 30, 2017
Purchase link: Django Unchained (Pre-order will be live from around 6 PM UK time on December 18)
Price: £15.99
Note: Deboss title treatments - matt varnish on all cream areas - spot gloss on all red areas & characters. All finishes on front and back.
Exclusive pictures HERE

IMG_6080.JPG

IMG_6081.JPGIMG_6082.JPGIMG_6083.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the ''Japanese Digibook'' with such a Quality Fullsip (Artwork back and Front).
Digibook is absolutely Lovely, this was a well crafted Package: it Oooozes Quality.
One of my Favorite Collectibles even if not a Steelbook.
I recommend The Japanese Digibook Release for this Title to all lovers for this movie.

Screen shot 2016-12-15 at 1.12.31 PM.png

I do have to admit that I think the Art for this Zavvi Steelbook is really nice. Nicer than the original Steel IMO. Will Definitely grab this.

Last edited:
Yes, big fan of the original steelbook but this is sufficiently different to warrant a purchase and could look fine but not nearly as fine (IMO) as the very cool red 'n' black original.
Quick reminder of the original with framed front image and gorgeous embossing:-
II
V
upload_2016-12-15_20-12-18.png

Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair and Inglourious Basterds are the only ones left they need to do and they go backwards

Can we please get the Kill Bill one with this artwork
kill-bill-the-whole-bloody-affair1.jpg

*sigh*
If anyone were to do a steelbook with that artwork it'd probably be a part of the Mondo X line. Hopefully they do it someday!

Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair and Inglourious Basterds are the only ones left they need to do and they go backwards

*sigh*
How are they supposed to produce a steelbook for a film that doesn't exist?

*sigh*

Nova are doing a premium kill bill early next year so this could be a slip or something but I doubt it

Agree with noodles that it could become a mondo steel one day

But if zavvi really do another kill bill it will be pointless anytime soon after their double pack, the current single versions on the cheap (best ones currently available) and a nova on the horizon

Tbh I'm hoping pulp fiction is next, only one I don't own and it needs a cool U.K. Steel

As we all know the PULP FICTION U.K. 2011 release steelbook is one of the very best around with the coolest of cool artwork:-
91ZfG09fx%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: milky
So, if we rephrase, it does exist, just unofficially? :)
My understanding is that it does not restore the colour 'Crazy 88' fight sequence, or the footage cut from the US and international prints (but present in the Japanese version), or make any of the other changes mooted by Tarantino. So, no, "The Whole Bloody Affair" that fans were led to expect does not exist.

Guys and glas, this goes live today at 6 PM UK time. Be present on HDN at 5.30 PM just to be sure you receive "It's live" notification so you don't miss out on any potentially working discount codes.

Optional: You can click the Watch Thread button in the top right corner of this page or you can go to zavvi's page and refresh until you see it going live.

Reactions: Wreck
Much prefer the original UK steelbook

Because we all just love black silhouettes right? :p I tend to agree with you on most, but not this one mate. haha.

I'm so tired of lazy art where everyone skirts around trying to get approvals or at least being creative like the above one. The above one is just the main white poster with the characters photoshopped out and rearranged. BUT ... it works. Great poses and great finish on this steelbook combined will make a lovely edition.

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey