Django Unchained (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: January 30, 2017
Purchase link: Django Unchained (Pre-order will be live from around 6 PM UK time on December 18)
Price: £15.99
Note: Deboss title treatments - matt varnish on all cream areas - spot gloss on all red areas & characters. All finishes on front and back.
Exclusive pictures HERE

IMG_6080.JPG

IMG_6081.JPGIMG_6082.JPGIMG_6083.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like another mediocre Steelbook release for this film. It really deserves the premium treatment along with the rest of Tarantino's films.

Deboss title treatments - matt varnish on all cream areas - spot gloss on all red areas & characters. All finishes on front and back.

How is that mediocre ? Unless you are talking about slipboxes and fluff. If that's the case hold out and cross fingers that the print run is big and stock is then sold to distributors that Czech deal with and then those editions will exist. Either way great base steelbook!

So, if we rephrase, it does exist, just unofficially? :)

It exists in 35mm and QT screens it once every 3 years or so at his own theater The New Beverly in LA. They screened it twice in the last year's span as well. I spoke personally with QT's assistant about it in October. When we will see it in official HD digital form, who the hell knows. Many times QT has been quoted as saying that he would work more on special editions and such on his films once he quits. And he is still saying 10 movies and he is done so only 2 more to go.

My understanding is that it does not restore the colour 'Crazy 88' fight sequence, or the footage cut from the US and international prints (but present in the Japanese version), or make any of the other changes mooted by Tarantino. So, no, "The Whole Bloody Affair" that fans were led to expect does not exist.

It exists in 35mm and QT screens it once every 3 years or so at his own theater The New Beverly in LA. They screened it twice in the last year's span as well. I spoke personally with QT's assistant about it in October. When we will see it in official HD digital form, who the hell knows. Many times QT has been quoted as saying that he would work more on special editions and such on his films once he quits. And he is still saying 10 movies and he is done so only 2 more to go.

Still think it doesn't exist? :)

Deboss title treatments - matt varnish on all cream areas - spot gloss on all red areas & characters. All finishes on front and back.

How is that mediocre ? Unless you are talking about slipboxes and fluff. If that's the case hold out and cross fingers that the print run is big and stock is then sold to distributors that Czech deal with and then those editions will exist. Either way great base steelbook!

I'm talking about the artwork, it is very basic and having the title on the front and back is unnecessary. The special treatments are nice but the artwork takes priority of course.

You just let us know if it's a myth, pure mindless fiction or actually does exist. Thanks :)

haha it definitely exists as they posted a picture of the 35mm cans just here in the past year when they showed it. Its supposedly the only 35mm cut of it in existence so they dont play it often.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: javiermendoza
I'm talking about the artwork, it is very basic and having the title on the front and back is unnecessary. The special treatments are nice but the artwork takes priority of course.

I agree, the title on the front and back is annoying

I'll wait for in hand pics first. Can't guarantee it's going to have the finish they are saying anyway