Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 18, 2022
Purchase link: SteelBook only - Collector's Edition (Pre-order on June 11, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £32.99 (SteelBook) - £49.99 (Collector's Edition)
Notes: Collector’s Edition includes a 72-page booklet, art cards and slipcase

Steelbook only.jpg Collector's Edition.jpg

Front.jpg Back.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited:
Zavvi charged my PayPal account for this on Monday.

I'm guessing that since nobody else mentioned that they have been charged that all of the RC members are waiting until release day to order with their code.

Zavvi charged my PayPal account for this on Monday.

I'm guessing that since nobody else mentioned that they have been charged that all of the RC members are waiting until release day to order with their code.
Zavvi took payment for the Northman on Monday

Did you have on pre order the Northman

Zavvi not taken payment yet for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness the collector's edition but should be in next few days
Did you order steelbook only or collector's edition

Zavvi took payment for the Northman on Monday

Did you have on pre order the Northman

Zavvi not taken payment yet for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness the collector's edition but should be in next few days
Did you order steelbook only or collector's edition

No I didn't order The Northman and just the regular steelbook for Doctor Strange. Hopefully the collector's edition isn't delayed for you guys.

Mine's just came through with the post accompanied with Daleks - Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D. Sweet :thumbs:

Mine unexpectedly arrived today! Have just received a despatched email with estimated date of delivery between the 19th and 21st. Odd, but a pleasant surprise all the same!

The steelbook is so-so; definitely not great, but it’ll do to keep the Marvel collection up to date and complete..

Has anyone had payment taken yet for the collector's edition or had delivery yet

I ordered the collector's edition not the steelbook only edition

A blue blu-ray disc? YUCK. Definitely getting the bestbuy on now. Wtf, mcu haven't issued those with steels for ages now!

A blue blu-ray disc? YUCK. Definitely getting the bestbuy on now. Wtf, mcu haven't issued those with steels for ages now!
Can’t say I’m particularly observant on the blue blu-ray disc, but if other regions are getting artwork on the disc, then this screams laziness which to be fair shouldn’t be acceptable on a film that costs £35..

Surely the guys who are making and producing these steelbooks know these are going in the hands of collectors - the price of this is almost 6 months of Disney+, so it must be clear that we’re collectors, interested in physical media?!

Can’t say I’m particularly observant on the blue blu-ray disc, but if other regions are getting artwork on the disc, then this screams laziness which to be fair shouldn’t be acceptable on a film that costs £35..

Surely the guys who are making and producing these steelbooks know these are going in the hands of collectors - the price of this is almost 6 months of Disney+, so it must be clear that we’re collectors, interested in physical media?!
Steelbooks when manfactured by Scanavo is just the steelbook only empty

Discs/jcard etc are added afterwards by distributor and can vary in different countries the discs artwork and content
These are then shrink wrapped and shipped to retailers

Disney UK is separate from Disney Europe

Reactions: Andycadle84

It's acceptable if you accept it. So send it back.

It's acceptable if you accept it. So send it back.
I hear you. To be fair, it’s what I expected, but what are the choices for anyone slightly underwhelmed by this?

1) Send the steelbook back and wait for a premium WEA release
2) Send the steelbook back and don’t get any WEA releases
3) Keep the steelbook

if I hold out on a premium release I’m spending upwards of £50+ or so, if I send it back and don’t get any premium version I’ve got a gap in my MCU steelbook collection, or I could just stick with a slightly underwhelming steelbook.

My gripe is more on the lack of care shown by those involved in designing these steelbooks. It’s a premium priced product aimed at collectors; I dont think it’s entirely unreasonable to expect more than what we’re getting.

I hear you. To be fair, it’s what I expected, but what are the choices for anyone slightly underwhelmed by this?

1) Send the steelbook back and wait for a premium WEA release
2) Send the steelbook back and don’t get any WEA releases
3) Keep the steelbook

if I hold out on a premium release I’m spending upwards of £50+ or so, if I send it back and don’t get any premium version I’ve got a gap in my MCU steelbook collection, or I could just stick with a slightly underwhelming steelbook.

My gripe is more on the lack of care shown by those involved in designing these steelbooks. It’s a premium priced product aimed at collectors; I dont think it’s entirely unreasonable to expect more than what we’re getting.
Or option 4, buy the UK collectors edition and the USA steel, switch out the steels and sell on the sub par UK one to some random who doesn't care :whistle:

Or option 4, buy the UK collectors edition and the USA steel, switch out the steels and sell on the sub par UK one to some random who doesn't care :whistle:
Definitely not doing that one! Paying an extra £17 for a slipcase, a 72 page art book and some cards seems far too steep for me, without the added cost of the US steel..
And for now, the U.K. steelbook is still in stock, not entirely sure that the demand for MCU steelbooks are what they were once upon a time.

Definitely not doing that one! Paying an extra £17 for a slipcase, a 72 page art book and some cards seems far too steep for me, without the added cost of the US steel..
And for now, the U.K. steelbook is still in stock, not entirely sure that the demand for MCU steelbooks are what they were once upon a time.
The thing is I actually like the design of the steel for it. Why have they gone backwards? The finish on black widow and shang chi were really nice. I love spot gloss highlights.

The thing is I actually like the design of the steel for it. Why have they gone backwards? The finish on black widow and shang chi were really nice. I love spot gloss highlights.
Agreed. Had there been spot gloss and picture discs, id've settled for it. As it is though, nope.