Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 18, 2022
Purchase link: SteelBook only - Collector's Edition (Pre-order on June 11, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £32.99 (SteelBook) - £49.99 (Collector's Edition)
Notes: Collector’s Edition includes a 72-page booklet, art cards and slipcase

Steelbook only.jpg Collector's Edition.jpg

Front.jpg Back.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely not doing that one! Paying an extra £17 for a slipcase, a 72 page art book and some cards seems far too steep for me, without the added cost of the US steel..
And for now, the U.K. steelbook is still in stock, not entirely sure that the demand for MCU steelbooks are what they were once upon a time.
Part of the problem is they aren’t releasing the Disney plus shows, if they did them eventually too then would be good.

Reactions: Andycadle84
The thing is I actually like the design of the steel for it. Why have they gone backwards? The finish on black widow and shang chi were really nice. I love spot gloss highlights.
Black Widow and Shang Chi were both fairly nice steels. Eternals, absolutely not.
Shouldn't be hit and miss which steels get better treatment than others - as consumers, it’s pot luck..

Probably going to be delayed like all previous Marvel/Disney steelbook releases from Zavvi that came with slips or boxes and other goodies.
Yeah i was kinda expecting it. I don't think I've bought a disney CE steel release from zavvi before, now I'm thinking about it..

Reactions: Stygian
only released on disc in japan, i think
Thanks - may try and track it down, but only if they released as digipack versions (season 1-5 AoS had limited edition digipack releases, would love to complete the set)

EDIT
So - on the plus side, it looks like the final two seasons have released, with digipack versions: Amazon product
The downside is each of the two seasons is about £65.00 each, before shipping is involved. Not entirely sure I can justify over £130.00 on two seasons of television that I only want for the sake of completing a set...

• Informative
Reactions: a_o
So now the collector's edition says sold out, is that true? 'Cause I cancelled my pre-order to see if I could use a code and I also just wanted to see if it was worth it before dropping that kind of money on it.

So now the collector's edition says sold out, is that true? 'Cause I cancelled my pre-order to see if I could use a code and I also just wanted to see if it was worth it before dropping that kind of money on it.
It's not sold out
Zavvi system on release date automatically will list a release as Sold Out if no stock arrived at their warehouse
This also why no one has had payment taken yet for the collector's edition

It will update to in stock quick buy when they get delivery of stock at the warehouse

If no stock arrived this week you might see release date change on zavvi website and be back to a pre order

It's not sold out
Zavvi system on release date automatically will list a release as Sold Out if no stock arrived at their warehouse
This also why no one has had payment taken yet for the collector's edition

It will update to in stock buy now when they get delivery of stock at the warehouse

If no stock arrived this week you might see release date change and be back to a pre order
Oh cool thanks for that. Was seriously close to buying the Aussie steel just so I didn't miss out.

Oh cool thanks for that. Was seriously close to buying the Aussie steel just so I didn't miss out.
Why would you do that? The standard steel is still available to order from zavvi. But yes, paul is right there. It didn't sell out at preorder stage, so there's still stock, it's just not "in stock" yet.

Why would you do that? The standard steel is still available to order from zavvi. But yes, paul is right there. It didn't sell out at preorder stage, so there's still stock, it's just not "in stock" yet.
Because I'm in NZ so Oz is cheaper and closer. Curious to know how long the delay will be though, I'm very interested to see what the whole thing looks like.