Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 18, 2022
Purchase link: SteelBook only - Collector's Edition (Pre-order on June 11, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £32.99 (SteelBook) - £49.99 (Collector's Edition)
Notes: Collector’s Edition includes a 72-page booklet, art cards and slipcase

Steelbook only.jpg Collector's Edition.jpg

Front.jpg Back.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited:
I suppose if the UK steel has a less favorable finish than the Best Buy one, I can always swap them.

I got it for 45 earlier, that is not premium territory lol not new and direct inc shipping anyway. New premiums shipped now are 60 shipped, easy.

WeET's wwa steels with thin slips cost 50, and you don't even get a booklet with them... appreciate this slip quality is high, but I have a feeling this will be better than many are expecting, assuming removable jcard.
I dunno, I know it's only a mockup but I bet that slip is terrible.

50 quid is just madness, i wonder if its a way of justifying / tricking the customer into thinking the 33 price tag is ok for the reg steel, which also isnt,
either way this whole collecting business is getting way out of hand,
Yeh its beyond a joke now.
People who can afford it will buy it ofcourse, but i can't justify it anymore and in the current climate have slowed down,
you are correct the regular steels shouldn't be going over £30 and this collectors edition which seems only to have an extra slipcase, 2 art cards and little booklet? for £50 is bonkers.

People who can afford it will buy it ofcourse, but i can't justify it anymore and in the current climate have slowed down,
you are correct the regular steels shouldn't be going over £30 and this collectors edition which seems only to have an extra slipcase, 2 art cards and little booklet? for £50 is bonkers.
Thank you. And I really like collectors editions and full slips but £50 I mean come on. Look at the batman sets that are dropping in 2 weeks for £40 and tell me this is worth 50? I bought the Her lenticular mantalab for 50 quid a few weeks ago on fcking ebay. I got 3 John wick nova media lentils for 130.

I'm curious what Amazon.JP will come up with.
Nothing, you're thinking of Sony releases. It'll just be the same wwa steel, with the 3D disc added in. That's assuming 3D's still happening there for this, there's been no confirmation as of yet.

It's not a little booklet, but the biggest I've seen at 72 pages - anything thicker and you can call it a book.
But it doesn't justify £10 hike - steel should be £23, CE £33.
What most can do, is NOT buy it, so they get the message, and either price them lower, or stop making them at all, which can also happen.
As home physical media market shrinks, prices will only go up, until it dies entirely. Maybe only companies like FilmArena and MantaLab will remain eventually, to serve very rich fans, who'll be paying $200 per edition by that time.
15% inflation turns £50 into £100, and $100 into $200 in just 5 years. So expect a 4th Doctor Strange steelbook to cost £100 in 2026, and that Blufans fullslip to be $200.

Reactions: yeslek and Kavale

Considering the Edge Of Tomorrow special edition comes with more tat yet is £10 cheaper... I can't justify £50 for a WWA steel.

Reactions: Kavale
Cancelled the Collector's Edition and just went with the Steelbook
Art Cards and a Booklet is not worth 17 pounds
Just like everything else Disney needs to do better.

Still in stock? I guess this is a dud afterall.
It only went live to pre order yesterday

The steelbooks will end up been sold out before or just after release date

It's a WWA steelbook shared print run in Europe so you can expect will be lot made

Collector's edition will sell out before steelbook only edition

It would only be a dud if retailer was left with over 50% of stock 6 months after release date

50 quid is just madness, i wonder if its a way of justifying / tricking the customer into thinking the 33 price tag is ok for the reg steel, which also isnt,
either way this whole collecting business is getting way out of hand,
Considering the fact that The Batman fullslip steelbook cost £34.99 from HMV this seems wildly overpriced.
Plus, it also looks s**t...

Reactions: Punker76