Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 18, 2022
Purchase link: SteelBook only - Collector's Edition (Pre-order on June 11, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £32.99 (SteelBook) - £49.99 (Collector's Edition)
Notes: Collector’s Edition includes a 72-page booklet, art cards and slipcase

Steelbook only.jpg Collector's Edition.jpg

Front.jpg Back.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited:
I tested just now and not working on Zavvi UK website
View attachment 535562
Strange. Worked earlier. Just tried it on that too with a few others but no longer works. This is the only one I can find it works on now. I’m not surprised it’s not working tho, gets mentioned on here every day. Usually by Stygian

4052A6C1-570F-49FB-BA4A-880DD24F7C77.png

Can someone confirm if in the zavi collectors edition wanda is in the back like the traget version?

any ideas guys if there will be a premium / wea for this or zero chance because of D+?
D+ won't make a difference, all mcu films are on D+. There's not going to be a weet premium for this because their distributor lost their disney license. You might get a FAC release, years down the line... This collectors ed is the best bet right now.

I wasn’t aware of this but the whole film was shot with the enhanced imax scenes. That version is on Disney+ and it’s the first MCU film I’ve watched in that way. Was awesome. So much more picture it’s crazy.

Now I’m going to have to go back and watch all of the films with those versions available again lol.

There will still be premium editions but not Blu-Fans anymore sadly (still gutted about Endgame...was planning on that being my only other OC to sit beside Infinity war)

Most likely the Korean, Taiwan an Czech premium retailers will do something....WWE artwork seems less likely though.

D+ won't make a difference, all mcu films are on D+. There's not going to be a weet premium for this because their distributor lost their disney license. You might get a FAC release, years down the line... This collectors ed is the best bet right now.
It's the distributor in China that lost Disney license and relates to Blufans releases

WeEt still doing Premium editions of MCU
Avengers Age of Ultron the most recent announced upcoming release with release date July 12th 2022

WeEt are based in Korea

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Chemartin_1
I wasn’t aware of this but the whole film was shot with the enhanced imax scenes. That version is on Disney+ and it’s the first MCU film I’ve watched in that way. Was awesome. So much more picture it’s crazy.

Now I’m going to have to go back and watch all of the films with those versions available again lol.
Surprised you only noticing this now
The Imax Enhanced versions of the MCU films been on Disney+ since November 2021
13 films on November 12th 2021 was made available with Imax Enhanced

It's 15 films with the Imax Enhanced versions available with Externals and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness added after November 2021

Marvel Imax Enhanced versions
  1. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  2. Avengers: Endgame
  3. Avengers: Infinity War
  4. Black Panther
  5. Black Widow
  6. Captain America: Civil War
  7. Captain Marvel
  8. Doctor Strange
  9. Iron Man
  10. Guardians of the Galaxy
  11. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  12. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
  13. Thor: Ragnarok
  14. Externals (Added on January 12th 2022)
  15. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Added on June 22 2022)
Disney+ also have the other marvel films that are not Imax Enhanced
Also Disney+ has some of the Sony Spider Man Films added recently it you not aware but not all of them

It's the distributor in China that lost Disney license and relates to Blufans releases

WeEt still doing Premium editions of MCU
Avengers Age of Ultron the most recent announced upcoming release with release date July 12th 2022

WeEt are based in Korea
Your info is off there paul, and I'm not talking about blufans. We're specifically talking weet and Dr Strange 2 here, which unless a new deal is struck, they can't release.

Smlife lost their disney distribution licence in korea after Encanto. Smlife are weet's distribution partner for MCU films, ergo weet can't release any MCU titles post 30th March.

Ultron is an old title, therefore doesn't count. The same can be said for the rest of phases 1-4, up to and including Eternals.

There will still be premium editions but not Blu-Fans anymore sadly (still gutted about Endgame...was planning on that being my only other OC to sit beside Infinity war)

Most likely the Korean, Taiwan an Czech premium retailers will do something....WWE artwork seems less likely though.
It'll just be Czech, filmarena. This currently can't be released in Korea, there's no active distribution licence.

Surprised you only noticing this now
The Imax Enhanced versions of the MCU films been on Disney+ since November 2021
13 films on November 12th 2021 was made available with Imax Enhanced

It's 15 films with the Imax Enhanced versions available with Externals and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness added after November 2021

Marvel Imax Enhanced versions
  1. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  2. Avengers: Endgame
  3. Avengers: Infinity War
  4. Black Panther
  5. Black Widow
  6. Captain America: Civil War
  7. Captain Marvel
  8. Doctor Strange
  9. Iron Man
  10. Guardians of the Galaxy
  11. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  12. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
  13. Thor: Ragnarok
  14. Externals (Added on January 12th 2022)
  15. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Added on June 22 2022)
Disney+ also have the other marvel films that are not Imax Enhanced
Also Disney+ has some of the Sony Spider Man Films added recently it you not aware but not all of them
I was aware the enhanced versions were on there but because I own them I don’t actually watch the MCU films on Disney+. And when I recently rewatched them again over the past 5 months I watched the 4K versions I have. So basically next time I watch them I’ll watch the D+ enhanced versions of the films available.

And what I’ll do is with new MCU films that go on there before the home release I’ll watch the D+ enhanced version first like I did with DS2 and then in 4K when the disc version arrives

Reactions: paulboland
So watched today on d+. Is it just me or did it look like they may have touched up the CGI on Stevens third eye. Just looked better than I remember.

Yeah, that's what I downloaded and watched as well. I guess 'IMAX Enhanced' is a new term for... open matte. Or just regular 1.85:1.

Imax is basically the full screen versions of these movies ie not cropped
I mean I don't see the point.
Used to be directors chose screen aspect ratio that best fits their vision, 2.35 for wider image, if they have sprawling views of space or nature settings, maybe a lot of characters in line, riding horses or whatever, and 1.85 for 'regular' widescreen.
If they're filming Marvel movies in 1.85, and even finishing all the special effects in that ratio, then 2.35 seems like an artificial black bars situation, only in reverse to 4:3 pan&scan. Just to add another "+" for people to join their streaming genie lamp slavery.