Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [Japan]

a_o

Sep 3, 2019
Release date: August 5, 2022
Purchase link: Amazon JP
Price: TBA

71aX1dA5jBL._AC_SX679_.jpg

71Lzz5UV0fL._AC_SX679_.jpg
710z2eF6n7L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Buying 3D TV for half-dozen worthy movies that come out each year?
3D is dead man walking... Should just butcher it into oblivion.

Buying 3D TV for half-dozen worthy movies that come out each year?
3D is dead man walking... Should just butcher it into oblivion.

I have TV that is good with 3D, 4K, 2D blu-ray and ... well normal TV viewing. Plenty of apps - tho I have no use of them. Just as it happens latest update came today. LG. I'm happy with it ! :thumbs:

Reactions: 3Maters
I guess the few 3D fans of us that are left have to hope Avatar 2 reinvigorates 3D at home.

One of the reasons I don't have 4k is I prefer 3D.

Only reason am wanting 4k now is price and for gaming. Though if am buying now I should probably jump to 8k for same reasons lol

Darn no WEA from Japan for MCU, guess NWH was just because of Sony. Well they are now offering WEA Morbius for a way higher price than most would like to spend. Amazon Japan releases are pretty nice once the price goes down.

Reactions: goufcustom
I guess the few 3D fans of us that are left have to hope Avatar 2 reinvigorates 3D at home.

One of the reasons I don't have 4k is I prefer 3D.

Only reason am wanting 4k now is price and for gaming. Though if am buying now I should probably jump to 8k for same reasons lol
Consumer wise, there is no reason for 8K to exist. Almost all films don't exceed 4K. Plus, the size of a typical home TV wouldn't justify 8K. It's a pointless resolution for the home. I'm guessing if 8K TV's ever become a thing, it would be the result of clever marketing. You basically won't have anything to watch in 8K except maybe a few nature documentaries and a handful of movies. I doubt upconverting 4K to 8K would look good.

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
I bought an Optoma HD29HST Projector a little while ago and I'd thoroughly recommend it to anyone looking for a relatively cheaply priced 3D projector. Cost me around £750 delivered.

Paired with the roll up 80inch screen and DLP glasses I bought it's easily the best I've ever seen 3D look, particularly at home.

It's also got a rather short throw, it's really bright, supports 4K input and can output HDR. Only real qualms are the old menu style and lack of onboard apps, but those are minor to me.

Consumer wise, there is no reason for 8K to exist. Almost all films don't exceed 4K. Plus, the size of a typical home TV wouldn't justify 8K. It's a pointless resolution for the home. I'm guessing if 8K TV's ever become a thing, it would be the result of clever marketing. You basically won't have anything to watch in 8K except maybe a few nature documentaries and a handful of movies. I doubt upconverting 4K to 8K would look good.
There‘s already 8K TVs and the reviews I’ve read are glowing. Potential 3D at 8K with dual 4K is reason enough.

I don't think 8K discs will exist... if not else licensing which is pain in the ass...
But i'm questioning who'll have deep enough budget to buy like 8K OLED with proper diagonal. Like those would be literal unaccesible to most of ppl. Having 8K TV just cause it's 8K on like 65 inch it won't make like game chaning differences for most ppl if barely any.

Reactions: MM3
Only real qualms are the old menu style and lack of onboard apps, but those are minor to me.
I've read that Android past v6 doesn't support 3D, so all existing models are either using an older OS, or phasing 3D support out, like Xiaomi.

There‘s already 8K TVs and the reviews I’ve read are glowing. Potential 3D at 8K with dual 4K is reason enough.
Yeah, that's exactly what they should use it for, first and foremost.
Although I don't like wearing glasses, or VR helmets.

But i'm questioning who'll have deep enough budget to buy like 8K OLED with proper diagonal. Like those would be literal unaccesible to most of ppl. Having 8K TV just cause it's 8K on like 65 inch it won't make like game chaning differences for most ppl if barely any.
I think I'd buy a 120" 8K OLED, just so as not to bother with the damn projectors.
A 65" OLED costs now less, than a 32" 720p LCD 20 years ago. Hopefully I won't have to wait 20 more years of course... by then, if I'm not dead, I'll be lucky if my eyes discern a difference between a DVD and a Blu-ray.
On the plus side, I'll watch more of my DVDs...

Reactions: MM3 and 5t33lb0y
I've read that Android past v6 doesn't support 3D, so all existing models are either using an older OS, or phasing 3D support out, like Xiaomi.
I'm not sure on that tbh. There's no android on my projector though. When I mean old menu style, I am talking old. Like the type you'd get on a older or lower end pc monitor or budget tv.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I'm not sure on that tbh. There's no android on my projector though. When I mean old menu style, I am talking old. Like the type you'd get on a older or lower end pc monitor or budget tv.
My Benq 4k/3d projector also has a basic non-android operating system

My Benq 4k/3d projector also has a basic non-android operating system
Yeah i noticed quite a few did, so it didn't bother me. Honestly it's not my main driver anyway, neither do I need any apps from it, so it suits me fine. I literally just bought it for 3D, it's just a bonus it can handle 4K HDR as well really.

Reactions: StifflersDad