paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 8, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £27.99 (Zoom) - £25.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)

bbcbd0507_1 (1).jpg

bbcbd0507_2.jpg bbcbd0507_3.jpg bbcbd0507_4.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not the biggest Doctor Who fan but I have enjoyed the reconstructed ones they've put out and I did like this special episode. I also never got round to seeing An Adventure In Space And Time
Well worth a watch, IMHO.

And although there are some factual inaccuracies in there, and some liberties taken for dramatic effect (as with all docudramas), by and large I believe it presents a fairly accurate picture of the early development of the programme:

Also definitely worth a watch is the extra "The Five(ish) Doctors", featuring Peter Davison, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy trying to get parts in the 50th Anniversary Special. Absolutely hilarious, along with a terrific scene with John Barrowman and a 'shocking' revelation (no spoilers!). Classic!

Not my videos

I should have delivery later today as it's with Amazon Ireland Rathcoole warehouse to be out for delivery

Last edited:
Mine's estimated to arrive between 2:30pm and 6:30pm today...
Just arrived, and all's good. Will now sit nicely along with the rest of the collection. Just Series 8 to go now to complete the NuWho series in Steelbook, with Web of Fear from the classic series currently on pre-order... :)

Hello, has anyone received their order from Zavvi? My payment has not been taken yet.
Nope. Mines showing as 'Processing' still. The exact same thing happened with series 7. A few weeks later they they said it was now sold out (despite being pre ordered) and tried to intimate that if I joined their premier service I might have better luck on future orders. I reordered through Amazon Prime and tried to cancel outright their order. Lo and behold they magically found a copy and dispatched it anyway saying 'well its been sent now.'

Unfortunately I cant do that again for this as Amazon only have one copy for sale at £129.00. So now I'm going to have to wait and see what happens next...

Nope. Mines showing as 'Processing' still. The exact same thing happened with series 7. A few weeks later they they said it was now sold out (despite being pre ordered) and tried to intimate that if I joined their premier service I might have better luck on future orders. I reordered through Amazon Prime and tried to cancel outright their order. Lo and behold they magically found a copy and dispatched it anyway saying 'well its been sent now.'

Unfortunately I cant do that again for this as Amazon only have one copy for sale at £129.00. So now I'm going to have to wait and see what happens next...
It would appear that Zoom and Zavvi may have oversold their respective allocations, which just stinks. They really need better systems than that.

The copy you are referring to on Amazon for sale at £129 isn't even the steelbook - if you click on the link, you will see it is for the previous limited edition boxset (which was four Amaray cases in a cardboard outer).