paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 8, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £27.99 (Zoom) - £25.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)

bbcbd0507_1 (1).jpg

bbcbd0507_2.jpg bbcbd0507_3.jpg bbcbd0507_4.jpg

Last edited:
Nope. Mines showing as 'Processing' still. The exact same thing happened with series 7. A few weeks later they they said it was now sold out (despite being pre ordered) and tried to intimate that if I joined their premier service I might have better luck on future orders. I reordered through Amazon Prime and tried to cancel outright their order. Lo and behold they magically found a copy and dispatched it anyway saying 'well its been sent now.'

Unfortunately I cant do that again for this as Amazon only have one copy for sale at £129.00. So now I'm going to have to wait and see what happens next...
I've just contacted them on Twitter to ask about dispatch - Mine on there hasn't been dispatched either.

That said, S6 showed up a month late so who knows.

I cancelled mine at Zavvi by mistake i had the Web of Fear preordered and wanted to cancel that and get from Amazon but they cancelled the entire order.

This arrived yesterday - so happy to finally get it!

I missed out on the original the first time round. A temporary cash flow problem at the worst time.

I confess, since the announcement of series one being released on steelbook back on 2017 this is what I've had my eye on, waiting for.

Reactions: Doctor
The Web of Fear steelbook hasn't been released yet.

However, I would expect the Series 8 steelbook to get announced soon.
@FN-2187 - here you go:

And, no, I did not know or have any inside information - I just felt that it was likely to be announced soon. Just not how soon! :)

Reactions: FN-2187
Just picked one up off ebay for £50. Like many, I missed the boat on this one not realising it would sell out so fast.

I hate to succumb to scalper prices but, from what I've seen, the price on these looks to go North pretty fast.

Just picked one up off ebay for £50. Like many, I missed the boat on this one not realising it would sell out so fast.

I hate to succumb to scalper prices but, from what I've seen, the price on these looks to go North pretty fast.
To be fair mate, I KNEW that if any of them was going to sell fast, it was likely to be this one. Thats why I ordered so quickly, and I think I go the last copy Zavvi had available, for I checked the webpage a couple of minutes later to check on details and it showed as 'sold out' - just imagine, if I'd read the notification email a minute later than I had, and I would have missed out!

And yeah, I agree with you, I think this one'll quickly overtake the scalper prices of the early ones.

But I'm happy for you that you've now got a copy.

Reactions: thearrowmaker