Doctor Who: Series 3 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: May 7th , 2018
Purchase link: HMV - Zavvi - Amazon UK - Zoom UK
Price: £24.99 (Amazon - Hmv) - £25.99 (Zavvi - Zoom)

71UMr43giIL._SL1500_.jpg

11697911-8354557949686360.jpg

11697911-6414557949571964.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great that it is finally coming out, despite the wrong look of the Master on the cover, but I think it took too long to come out. When do we get season 4... sometime next year?!? Also, the uncertain prospect of season's 9 getting a re-issue... A lot of unanswered questions to take into consideration of the continuing these :dunno:

Just bought the first 2 seasons, and have pre-ordered this. But yes, this is the wrong look for the master, he doesn't look like this until The End of Time as mentioned. Nonetheless it looks great.

Will go great with S.1 . . . less so with the with the more arty S2 and not at all with S9 (which needs a re-issue in a style that goes better with the others):-
S1 --------------------------------------------------------------------- S2 ----------------------------------------------------- S3 ------------------------------------------------------------------- S9

upload_2018-2-22_19-51-59.png
upload_2018-2-22_19-53-34.png
upload_2018-2-22_19-58-2.png
upload_2018-2-22_19-56-33.png

When you say wrong version, how do you mean wrong? John Simm’s version of The Master is the major villain for series 3.

He was in Season 3 then in the final 2 Specials after Season 4 called the End of Time where Tennant regenerated

In the End of Time he had blonde like hair with a hoodie

It’s the wrong version which is pretty lazy imo. The inconsistent artwork is why I never bought these, they should have had a plan for all of them.

He was in Season 3 then in the final 2 Specials after Season 4 called the End of Time where Tennant regenerated

In the End of Time he had blonde like hair with a hoodie

It’s the wrong version which is pretty lazy imo. The inconsistent artwork is why I never bought these, they should have had a plan for all of them.

Yeah, I totally only copped that after my last post. He should be wearing the suit from the “Saxon” persona.
It’s probably the weakest artwork of the steels they’ve done so far. It would have been better without The Master on it, just have The Doctor & Martha on the front & the angels on the back & it’d have been great & would more or less have matched the others.

I feel like this is beating a dead horse but yeah- that incarnation of The Master appeared in the David Tennant Specials, after series 4.

John Simm did appear as the Master in series 3, but not looking like that.

ALSO! Shout out to Martha Jones- people don’t give her enough credit as a companion. She had to put up with so much of the Doctor’s B.S- spending time working in the 60’s after being sent back in time via Weeping Angel- baby sitting John Smith in Family of Blood- and spending a whole year trying to save the world in The Sound of Drums!

Loved the previous two designs but this one feels... slightly off. The wrong incarnation of the Master is a pity as well. Not feeling the amazing art the other designs incorporated.

The others had more of a painted look, but this one feels very shiny-digital. Not as interesting to me.