Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom - Zavvi
Price: £27.99

bbcbd0517_1.jpg

bbcbd0517_2.jpg
bbcbd0517_3.jpg
91r-Tmpf3pL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GeoRattray
Yep! Just this and Series 8 to go for a full set! :) Sorry to hear you missed out on Series 9, though... :(
Thanks! It's the only one I missed before finding out about them and of course the most expensive haha. I'm hoping they release another series 9 or re-release it when they back to its number. But I'm not holding my breath lol. That's awesome you'll have the full set though!

I think before we get the series 8 steelbook we’ll get a steel for the 50th anniversary episode, Day of the Doctor, which will probably also include Matt Smith’s exit episode, Time of the Doctor. Then on to Series 8 and the Capaldi era

I sold my Series 9 because they're almost guaranteed to do a re-run with the new logo and hell, I got about £350 for it.
When you can get that much for a thingy, it's definitely time to ask yourself just how much you really need to own the thingy. :) Good move!

I think before we get the series 8 steelbook we’ll get a steel for the 50th anniversary episode, Day of the Doctor, which will probably also include Matt Smith’s exit episode, Time of the Doctor. Then on to Series 8 and the Capaldi era

Unlikely. Stand alone steel like Spearhead from Space would be my guess

Unlikely. Stand alone steel like Spearhead from Space would be my guess
True, they may release a standalone steel for Day of the Doctor and a second standalone steel for Time of the Doctor. Personally, I think it would be better to include them in the same steel, like the Tenant specials are always packaged together because they bridge the gap between series 4 and 5. They’ll release Matt’s final two episodes one way or another in steelbook format. If it was one steel, you could have front artwork for Day of the Doctor and back art for Time of the Doctor.

True, they may release a standalone steel for Day of the Doctor and a second standalone steel for Time of the Doctor. Personally, I think it would be better to include them in the same steel, like the Tenant specials are always packaged together because they bridge the gap between series 4 and 5. They’ll release Matt’s final two episodes one way or another in steelbook format. If it was one steel, you could have front artwork for Day of the Doctor and back art for Time of the Doctor.

They'd want to maximize profit so two stand alone releases would be my guess.... I can certainly see them doing stand alone special edition blu-rays of the Classic Show like Logopolis or Castrovalva that have had special effects upgrades and even have original film elements.

Its funny but yesterday morning, I was just wondering if we might get another series released this year, went to check my email that afternoon and voila! There was the zavvi email about it available to pre-order!

Anyway, pre-ordered!

I sold my Series 9 because they're almost guaranteed to do a re-run with the new logo and hell, I got about £350 for it.
BBC so far have not done any re-releases of previous blu-ray steelbooks they have done
So don't get your hopes up for a new Doctor Who series 9 Steelbook in UK

Amaray re-releases happen yes but not as yet for steelbooks

BBC so far have not done any re-releases of previous blu-ray steelbooks they have done
So don't get your hopes up for a new Doctor Who series 9 Steelbook in UK

Amaray re-releases happen yes but not as yet for steelbooks

True, but they've been going from S1 with the current Steelbook sets and it'd seem strange to me to go up to 8 and then stop.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw 9, 10, 1, 2 and 3 released with the new logo once they've caught up.

True, but they've been going from S1 with the current Steelbook sets and it'd seem strange to me to go up to 8 and then stop.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw 9, 10, 1, 2 and 3 released with the new logo once they've caught up.

I hope for the sake of re-completing your collection that they do re-release Series 9 after series 8. At the same time, I would be very surprised if they did.