Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 19, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $27.38
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies

1.jpg

• Limited Edition SteelBook (2000 copies), featuring artwork by Candice Tripp
  • Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negatives produced by Arrow Films exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director Richard Kelly and cinematographer Steven Poster
  • Original 5.1 audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary by writer-director Richard Kelly and actor Jake Gyllenhaal on the Theatrical Cut
  • Audio commentary by Kelly, producer Sean McKittrick and actors Drew Barrymore, Jena Malone, Beth Grant, Mary McDonnell, Holmes Osborne, Katharine Ross and James Duval on the Theatrical Cut
  • Deus ex Machina: The Philosophy of Donnie Darko, a brand-new documentary by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures on the making of Donnie Darko, containing interviews with writer-director Richard Kelly, producer Sean McKittrick, director of photography Steven Poster,
  • The Goodbye Place, Kelly's 1996 short film, which anticipates some of the themes and ideas of his feature films
  • Twenty deleted and alternate scenes with optional commentary by Kelly
  • Trailer

Last edited:
Hell yeah! :woot: This, Hellraiser and The Thing Arrow steels are giving me a real excitement as all three are such a brilliant movies! Even despite lack of ´bossing and matte finish those are still very nice steelbooks with well chosen artworks and Im looking forward to them even more than to some premiums. You see, the power of a great movie is more than just a beautiful embossed full glossed steelbook with ****** movie! :cigar::coffee:

I literally gasped when I saw this! As others have already said, FINALLY!!!!!

Can't wait to add this to my collection. And it's got 4K restoration!
This brand-new 4K restoration, carried out exclusively for this release by Arrow Films, allows a modern classic to finally receive the home video treatment it deserves.

Will this be a 4K only steelbook? Looks like it says it has 1 disc.

Hell yeah! :woot: This, Hellraiser and The Thing Arrow steels are giving me a real excitement as all three are such a brilliant movies! Even despite lack of ´bossing and matte finish those are still very nice steelbooks with well chosen artworks and Im looking forward to them even more than to some premiums. You see, the power of a great movie is more than just a beautiful embossed full glossed steelbook with ****** movie! :cigar::coffee:

Completely agree, this and the thing mean so much to me so I'm glad steels with decent art are finally happening

I actually asked a certain premium retailer if they would consider this (along with lost in translation, vanilla sky, inherent vice, the nice guys and the beach) and they seemed interested in some of those recommendations so I would love a premium for this film but I also love this new art and the collectors box set from last year was awesome too.

Day 1 pre order when the UK listing goes up

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
I actually asked a certain premium retailer if they would consider this (along with lost in translation, vanilla sky, inherent vice, the nice guys and the beach) and they seemed interested in some of those recommendations so I would love a premium for this film but I also love this new art and the collectors box set from last year was awesome too.

How does one get in touch with premium retailers to make such recommendations?

Reactions: Flloydo
How does one get in touch with premium retailers to make such recommendations?

It depends, I always see people asking over social media like Twitter or Instagram. Even zavvi get asked about titles all the time

I imagine some customers who talk to retailers over email ask if a certain film is coming out too or getting special treatment. The one I asked I talk to quite regular anyway over email and just asked if any of the ones I mentioned were considered at anytime

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: dfoles