Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 6, 2023
Purchase link: Amazon FR - Fnac - E.Leclerc
Price: €34.99
Notes: Both UHD and Blu-ray discs has forced french subtitles when audio set to English - Some Panasonic players models not all have the ability to force subtitles off in player settings but some other brands of UHD players don't have that option

Screenshot 2023-08-26 at 11.46.22 Medium.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is the best Drive steel to date. Nova's is nice with the debossed scorpion on the back, Manta's is nice using the much sought after print as artwork but I think this one tops them all

More than happy to see a Sony 4K release next year and hopefully still a Plain Archive release to add to the collection in the future as well
100% agree :cool:

Reactions: tommyh84
I think this is the best Drive steel to date. Nova's is nice with the debossed scorpion on the back, Manta's is nice using the much sought after print as artwork but I think this one tops them all

More than happy to see a Sony 4K release next year and hopefully still a Plain Archive release to add to the collection in the future as well
100% agree :cool:
retard-alert.gif

My only gripe with the french steel (other than the inverted spine title) is how small and tagged on the front title is. If you were to move it down a hair, and double it's size, it'd be perfect.

1. French/Manta
2. Mondo
3. Nova
4. HMV (overrated with obvious photoshopped shades)
5. Everything else

I like the ones I got: MantaLab and this new French one.

Usually hate Mondo steels, but this one seems from the time when they did have better art, similar to Reservoir Dogs, so it's not bad, but having Manta's with the same kind of color scheme and city view, don't really need it.
Plus the Czech digibook in English, and the Second Sight 'books edition', pretty much set and don't need to ever buy it again.