Drive (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 31) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 31, 2021
Purchase links: Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order February 5 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip) - $42.99 (Single Lenti) - $43.99 (Double Lenti) - $149.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set
Note:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab x Rory Kurtz features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
One Click: Scorpion jacket design fabric cover with inner box. 600 sets, Numbered 1-600. (Limited to 1 copy per order).
Full Slip: Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing, Foil. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 2 x 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

DRV_FS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_LS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_DLS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_overall_box_5000x.jpg
135172765_223627392633323_7272614196534738734_o.jpg

Last edited:
So how long to we have to wait on those who haven't paid for the shipping in the gb to pay up? I mean it's not really fair for the people who were prompt. Been waiting for a long time for this.

Well a large majority of those who hadn't paid were online yesterday so if they still haven't paid or communicated with Aniv then it's unfair on the rest of us to be made to wait any longer

kill them peter dinklage GIF
Hear hear. A couple being advocates shall we say for HDN too, which is even more strange :confused: I understand people lead their own busy lives and things may crop up unexpectedly - especially now, so I don't want to bring out the pitch forks prematurely lol, but if it's an otherwise valid reason and Aniv still hasn't been notified for the delayed payments.... :squint:
Embarrassed Shame GIF

And maybe time for...
salt bae ban GIF

:p

• Haha
Reactions: tommyh84 and milky
It’s a tough one because you don’t know the reasons behind why some haven’t been online or have and haven’t paid. I can only speak from my own experiences this year but for example I’ve had a family death, clearing out a house we lived in for 25 years and moving, near homelessness, a sister in Australia who’s just had a baby where both mother and baby are quite ill and that we can’t visit them to help out and then on top of that I had no internet for nearly a month in my new place and could only use other people’s WiFi if I visited them which was hard because of the lockdown rules and social distancing. There could be a multitude of reasons why (we all know what the last year has been like and some may of lost jobs) but I also understand it’s frustrating for those waiting. Is a tough one

Anyone else notice how insanely asinine the eBay markup is on these? I sadly missed out when they went on sale and was ignorant of group buys. Figured I’d maybe just grab a second-hand copy. Nope, not paying a 4x premium.

Anyway the good news is missing this one motivated me to buy my first manta (Dunkirk DL) AND taught me about GB. Happily I did not miss out when Tenet went up, and I’m constantly worried I’m missing a message about shopping charges :D

Silver linings, but still pining for this one.

I wonder whether as a community there could be a clause/ standardised approach inserted as a disclaimer on all our group buys covering these circumstances. It must be stressful working out what to do and taking individual circumstances into account on each group buy this happens. I don't have a comprehensive understanding of what goes on behind the scenes in arranging these so a blanket approach might not work, but if it's clear at the point of entry it might save the hosts a headache and repeating the decision making process each time. Not trying to create work or hardship for anyone but might be something to reflect upon... respect to those who give their time and resources arranging this for the community as ever.

Anyone else notice how insanely asinine the eBay markup is on these? I sadly missed out when they went on sale and was ignorant of group buys. Figured I’d maybe just grab a second-hand copy. Nope, not paying a 4x premium.

Anyway the good news is missing this one motivated me to buy my first manta (Dunkirk DL) AND taught me about GB. Happily I did not miss out when Tenet went up, and I’m constantly worried I’m missing a message about shopping charges :D

Agreed. The problem is people will buy premiums no matter what. I cannot track sales other than on eBay but sometimes the usual sellers sell stuff for insane amount of cash.
I wonder why. Are you a collector? Don't you know about GB's? Are you new to the collecting scene? Do premiums appeal you so much you're willing to start by investing huge amount on such editions? Did you wake up and suddenly felt the urge to buy an expensive premium? Or you just decided to collect a particular retailer and need to start from scratch?
I feel many people just missed the train and need to find what they "need" from (most of the time) scalpers.
From my personal point of view I just will never support such sales by dropping insane cash on a premium just because I miss it. Maybe if anyone did the same prices would drop.

People were warned all along that this will be one of the most popular Manta releases to date. Prices on ebay will probably come down slightly when biggest resellers receive their copies and put them up for auctions, don’t forget that most people haven’t even received their copies yet, so now it’s probably not a good time to buy it on ebay