Invada Drive - OST by V.A. (colored vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release date: April 26, 2017
Purchase link: Invada Records
Price: £24.99
Note: 2LP, pressed on "Frosted Clear Vinyl With Multi Splatter"

image1_1_1024x1024.png

Drive OST 2xLP Press On Frosted Clear Vinyl With Multi Splatter Re-Press

Licensed from Lakeshore Records, Invada Records is extremely proud to bring you the Vinyl version of the DRIVE OST.

The soundtrack features original music by Cliff Martinez (The Lincoln Lawyer, Traffic) with Eurosynth-styled songs by Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx (“Nightcall”), The Chromatics (“Tick of the Clock”), Desire (“Under Your Spell”), College featuring Electric Youth (“A Real Hero”), and Riziero Ortolani featuring Katyna Ranieri (“Oh My Love”). Rolling Stone Magazine named Drive the No. 1 movie of 2011.

The Drive soundtrack raced to the top of the iTunes album charts, hitting No. 4 within a week of its digital release and peaking at No. 35 on the Billboard Top 200. The soundtrack re-entered the charts in February 2012 when the film was released on DVD.

“One thing that was unique for me about this project was having songs exert such a strong influence on the score,” said Martinez. “That helped to create a unified, one-size-fits-all, style of soundtrack…the 80s electronic pop style made a lot of sense to me. I knew that Nicolas [Refn, director] was in love with that sound and I saw a way to acknowledge it with vintage synth sounds and cover most of the dramatic food groups while referencing that style.”

This blending of score and song is the perfect vehicle for Cliff Martinez. Martinez moved to California in 1976, just in time for the punk movement. He had stints as drummer for the Weirdos, Lydia Lunch and Foetus frontman Jim Thirlwell, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Dickies. He was also the drummer in the final incarnation of legendary iconoclasts Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band.

Martinez has since received compositional credit on many of Steven Soderbergh’s projects including Kafka, The Limey, Solaris, Gray’s Anatomy, Schizopolis, Traffic (which earned four Oscars and earned Martinez a Grammy nomination), and the upcoming film Contagion. He also composed the music for Espion(s) and A L’Origine, two French films released in 2009 - the latter earned a Cesar Award nomination for best original score. His other credits include Pump Up The Volume, Wicker Park, Wonderland, and The Lincoln Lawyer.

"I am very excited for Invada Records to release the Drive soundtrack on vinyl. It is nice to see good music allowed to play a pivotal role in a great film."
Geoff Barrow (Portishead/Invada)

"I have followed Cliff Martinez's career since his score to Solaris in 2002. I was astounded by his work on the Drive OST. I am thrilled to be involved in this project." Redg Weeks (Invada Label Manager)

*This LP is under licence from our Hollywood friends Lakeshore Records who are releasing the CD and Digital version of this title.*

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the even more delayed reply Nick. :p I think I have seen that artwork before somewhere. Have it been on a displate?

This arrived today, another one for the collection. ;)

mUEpqt.jpg
LoptjW.jpg
fyxE4i.jpg
6epU06.jpg
Haha no worries! Yep, he sells it on Displate, so that could well be where you saw it bud.

Must admit that vinyl does look pretty cool... think I would've preferred it without the blue though.

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and spass
First sorry to push an old threat, but i saw after a long time this movie again (maybe just the second time i think).

How good is this movie and his soundtrack!
So i was searching an original edition.
I had luck and could find this edition for the old release selling price, Just like new.

And i have to say, great edition.

Reactions: Noodles
First sorry to push an old threat, but i saw after a long time this movie again (maybe just the second time i think).

How good is this movie and his soundtrack!
So i was searching an original edition.
I had luck and could find this edition for the old release selling price, Just like new.

And i have to say, great edition.
Congrats on the SCORE of a great SCORE!