Drunken Santa/Happy New Beer!

Off_contstantly

Beer Man
Premium Supporter
Jul 2, 2009
St. Louis
I know I mentioned this in a different thread, but is there any interest in setting up a beer related Secret Santa? If so, just let me know. There's some really tasty beers coming out here in STL over the next week or so.

We could, but the shipping this time a year could take forever to be delivered. If everyone is ok, we could withholding shipping until after Christmas because of holiday rush?

How about this... If you want in, say so by 12/16, I'll get names and addresses to people by 12/19, and ship by 12/30. That would allow for a Happy New Beer!

I'll update as we go, but right now we've got:
OC
Mobius
Horhay
Wreck

Last edited:
I would assume, any type of craft beer you think is good. Price really shouldnt matter, up to each person ya know.

I'm shipping incognito ... if you get it, you get it ... if not, you must have been bad this year ;)

Shipping really isn't that big of a deal. When I ship stuff, I try to make sure there is at least 2 inches of padding between the box wall and the contents. Make sure there is padding between each bottle. It's also good to wrap your bottles in a zip-lock bag or plastic bag so if something breaks or leaks, they don't pull your package for investigation. Also, do not ship through the USPS. It's against Federal law to ship "intoxicating liquids", so I usually use FedEx.

I think I would be interest but after the holidays. The other thing is some people may not know whats distributed in each persons state. I dont know if this is a big deal to most. Another thing is knowing style each person likes. I know I will try almost any beer once but if someone isnt a hophead like me I dont wanna send them something that will eat the enamal off their teeth haha.

lastly I would say ship after Jan 1st. I know shipping for me takes anywhere from 2 to 4 days. Shipping on a Monday or Tuesday via Fedex it has a good chance of being there by Friday or Saturday.

How about ship by 1/9 and everyone can post their top 3 to 5 styles or that they are willing to try something new? My thought behind this is to share something that we like with someone and possibly expand their beer horizons.

Last edited:
How about ship by 1/9 and everyone can post their top 3 to 5 styles or that they are willing to try something new? My thought behind this is to share something that we like with someone and possibly expand their beer horizons.

Ive turned many of my friends into craft beer lovers so I like the idea.

My favorite styles are

Sour/Wild Ales
Barleywines
Imperial Stouts
Ouads
IPA's

If anything is barrel aged thats something I would try as well.:D

Ive turned many of my friends into craft beer lovers so I like the idea.

My favorite styles are

Sour/Wild Ales
Barleywines
Imperial Stouts
Ouads
IPA's

If anything is barrel aged thats something I would try as well.:D

Your favorites list looks a lot like mine! About the only thing I'd add would be Saison/Farmhouse.

One last question, lol. Are we to send a single beer or a 6 pack?

I'm in either way to above questions answer. Thanks for the link mobz.

I like hefs, ale, hops, ipa, stout. I'm definitely down to try anything new/different as well though

I hate sours...I tried Stone once and I ended up spitting it out. I am open for anything else, hefs, ale, hope, barleywines, imperial stouts, even the fruity beers :p

One last question, lol. Are we to send a single beer or a 6 pack?

I'm in either way to above questions answer. Thanks for the link mobz.

I like hefs, ale, hops, ipa, stout. I'm definitely down to try anything new/different as well though

I say we set a limit say $20. Each person can send $20 worth of beer whether it be 12oz, 375ml, 750ml, or bombers. And then if you wanna send extras then thats fine. Just so everyone get the same amount $4$ wise. The thing is shipping, unless no one cares. just as an example it would cost more for someone on the east coast to send to someone on the west or vice versa than to send to someone only a couple states over.

Ok. That sounds good. Cause I'd feel like an ass if I sent one beer that was like $5-8 and someone else sent me a few/$20 worth lol

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

I say we set a limit say $20. Each person can send $20 worth of beer whether it be 12oz, 375ml, 750ml, or bombers. And then if you wanna send extras then thats fine. Just so everyone get the same amount $4$ wise. The thing is shipping, unless no one cares. just as an example it would cost more for someone on the east coast to send to someone on the west or vice versa than to send to someone only a couple states over.

I don't think we'll need to worry too much about the coast to coast thing. From what it looks like, we've got three guys from the Midwest (Splax, Mobius, OC) and three from the West Coast (Horhay, Rican, Wreck).

If you guys are still interested, I'll pair up names this week, and get them to you in a day or two.