Notes: 1 Disc UHD

1200x672.jpg

INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED EDITION (Limited to 2,000) INCLUDES

• 4K Gloss Steelbook
  • Motion Lenticular Slipcase
  • Road Map Storyboard Booklet
  • 6x Lobby cards
  • Double-Sided Poster
  • Also includes original TV Movie version of Duel in 1.33:1 Aspect Ratio (HD)
91PgbEOr0KL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 816YP9KfpvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81GZb4FidyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. I still don't have a 4K player or 4K tv so I don't usually follow the 4K disc specifications.

Now having said that, when it comes to 4K discs I do know that most of the time the extras or special features aren't on there and that they are usually only on the included Blu-ray disc. I thought that had to do with the 4K picture and sound quality. Only having the movie on the 4K disc for better quality. Or something like that.

So would they really put 2 versions of the film on the 4K disc?

For example, the Exorcist is putting the 2 different versions on separate 4K discs.

Just wondering.
Back in it's infancy, you'd be right, but lots of studios put all the features on the 4K disc as well now. It's easy with a 100gb disc. Adding a short HD cut of a film isn't a big deal either tbh. They added the whole 3hr tv cut of waterworld on the same 4k disc with ease.

Bear in mind duel is a 90min film, and i think the tv cut is 15min shorter. Plus about an hour of HD features, that will all easily fit on a 100gb disc.

Exorcist is different. Both cuts received a full 4k restoration, and they're both a fair bit longer. WB could've easily put both on the same 100gb disc with seamless branching, but they chose 2 separate discs for whatever reason (not complaining). They did the same for superman 2.

Reactions: Stygian
Of course the Amazon descriptions for the Universal collector's editions for this, Jaws 2 (says 1 disc) and The Big Lebowski (just mentions 4K) don't help. Jaws 2 and Big Lebowski each had a 4K and Blu-ray disc.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Of course the Amazon descriptions for the Universal collector's editions for this, Jaws 2 (says 1 disc) and The Big Lebowski (just mentions 4K) don't help. Jaws 2 and Big Lebowski each had a 4K and Blu-ray disc.
Yeah, it could go either way tbh. You could always order the Italian version if you wanted to ensure it has 2 discs. I have.

Amazon.it says it's a "lenticular steelbook" and shows no slipcase...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230819_051649_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230819_051649_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Thought so, what misleaded me are the black strips on the steelbook, like it was a standalone release with, say, a magnetic lenti.
I get you, but no, it's the same lenti slip as the UK. 3,000 print, 2,000 for the UK. Universal do this often, same with jaws 2, inglorious bastards etc.., leaving a 3rd for the Italian market.

Reactions: Mokum
Sure I seen a post of the USA edition steel being crap and person was thinking of clamping down what he buys going forward.
But there is no to say this uk one will be same, this edition is pretty pricey and I’m tempted to cancel it and I’m sure payment is very soon.
Not only that I seen a post online not that I ordered it the Leon collectors edition in similar crap envelope amazon use and was a mess.
Are zavvi now starting to use crap envelopes like amazon now?
The reason i hardly ever buy stuff from amazon is due to the poor packaging and zavvi have slight got worse on that also going forward.
But being this is sold out everywhere tells me i should keep it.

Sure I seen a post of the USA edition steel being crap and person was thinking of clamping down what he buys going forward.
But there is no to say this uk one will be same, this edition is pretty pricey and I’m tempted to cancel it and I’m sure payment is very soon.
Not only that I seen a post online not that I ordered it the Leon collectors edition in similar crap envelope amazon use and was a mess.
Are zavvi now starting to use crap envelopes like amazon now?
The reason i hardly ever buy stuff from amazon is due to the poor packaging and zavvi have slight got worse on that also going forward.
But being this is sold out everywhere tells me i should keep it.
It isn't the same. Yet another universal steel where the US has a matte finish and the UK is glossy. It's becoming a recent trend.

Pics were posted over on Orbit and every copy has a manufacturing defect to the flimsy slipbox.

I cancelled my preorder; it was going to be a gift for my sister. I still have my preorder with Fnac for the French steelbook.

Duel (4K UHD, UK Collector's Edition Steelbook, Region Free/B) *see notes
This crap puts me off it’s not exactly a cheap item and yet they can’t get the box right size and looks thin as hell.
After seeing this I may cancel now I don’t think the steel was available on there it’s own. That’s unless zavvi has charged me already which is more likely the case. And to top it off on a buyer of Leon collector edition which was sent from zavvi in an envelope similar to what Amazon use is a no no for me. Hopefully zavvi has not gone the Amazon envelope type as all orders will now be canceled

Just canceled mine if the worry of the possibility of flimsy new envelopes like amazon use is temporary or new thing ain’t bad enough but for there to be defects that the slipcase which seems to be flimsy anyway but is made oversized and causes some damage I just grab a standard edition instead down the line.

I might regret canceling my order but let’s see post your pics up here please when you get it hope I don’t regret this.

I have it preordered with 15% off from WBShop, an order from which they've now twice canceled Vault editions, so I don't know if they won't screw me a third time...

• Thanks
Reactions: Roofr4sh
I have it preordered with 15% off from WBShop, an order from which they've now twice canceled Vault editions, so I don't know if they won't screw me a third time...
Well they messing me around as well, have an Exorcist Deluxe ordered and paid for with them months ago, going to ask for a refund still not sent.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
...and they absolutely did that.

WBShop3rdRefund.jpg

Now to see if it's still available elsewhere, what a bunch of traitorous...